HCRE 2.0 Presser Thread (with Link to Watch) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

HCRE 2.0 Presser Thread (with Link to Watch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
While it's not the fault of the kids who have signed already, is there really anyone in the current incoming class who's so good we can't let them go? I don't follow recruiting much at all, but the bits and pieces I did see indicated we were singing guys whose other options were essentially FCS schools or UMass.
Brass, no kids have SIGNED: they have given oral commitments (not binding), but signatures on dotted lines aren't official until received on National Signing Day in February. But, you knew that.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
1gthf2.jpg

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
At least he's planning on watching tape from last year at some point, unlike Diaco who didn't think anything that happened when he wasn't coach was relevant

I had completely forgotten about that! Holy crap, that guy was such a spaz...:confused:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
...if a player contacts a coach/school, they are allowed to talk.
:)

What if the coach isn't there? Can the coach return a message?

I assume UConn did not break any rules. He knows how the game is played, but the NCAA (and its top administration) is so ack basswords, I'd be surprised if they didn't at least place a call to a 286 exchange.

BTW (and not to hijack the thread, but...), I heard that the NCAA does not actually have a rule against leaking playbooks to opponents. They literally have no jurisdiction over the Wake Forest situation.

Reaction Score
Brass, no kids have SIGNED: they have given oral commitments (not binding), but signatures on dotted lines aren't official until received on National Signing Day in February. But, you knew that.
Yeah, wrong verbiage. I meant committed.

Reaction Score
I'm about the same age as Edsall.......and over the last 10-15 years I've learned a few things that I wasn't really capable of learning when I was younger:
  • I've learned to listen carefully and acknowledge folks input.
  • I've learned I don't need to do it all myself.
  • Ego is necessary, but if you lose control of it you pay a big price.
  • I readily acknowledge mistakes and I try to dwell on them only long enough to learn how not to repeat them.
  • I've learned life is short and money is pretty far down the list as to what will make you happy (especially if you already have a few bucks).
This thing feels right. It's going to take a little time, but this guy will get this program back on track. I really believe he cares.....I really do!

Reaction Score
I had completely forgotten about that! Holy crap, that guy was such a spaz...:confused:

Yea, in retrospect that is when we should have known something was up. I remember thinking that comment was really stupid, but I was so impressed with the rest of the press conference that I looked past it.

But it was a clear sign of his smartest man in the room syndrome that would follow.

Reaction Score
Undoubtedly, genuine, sincere emotion, specifically stated "regret", absolute direct apology, and entirely clear and appropriate focus on the future. How reasonable, relatively mature individuals could expect anymore would be challenging to comprehend. Moving onward, and upward.
Go UCONN!
Easy to believe it is genuine. While I am sure he did not regret leaving for his dream job, at the time, few would want to leave the way he did.

Reaction Score
I thought the only thing that couldn't take place right now was face to face. I believe phone calls, texts, etc were OK in both directions.

Reaction Score
If I'm a current commit and he hasn't called me yet, I'm a ittle concerned by his answer about recruits
He also said this will be on going and will receive immediate attention. He said things moved "fast", the holidays and you only have so much time. Not worried.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
His answer to evaluating the offense and defense was pretty funny. Whoever asked that question was trying to make him look like a dick

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Was there any comments about scheme? Since DB seemed to push the need for points, I was hoping RE shared his thoughts on what was important offensively? I guess the safe answer is ..."I need to see the talent first"..but I keep hoping there will be an emphasis on putting an entertaining product on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom