HCRE 2.0 Presser Thread (with Link to Watch) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

HCRE 2.0 Presser Thread (with Link to Watch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Didn't know where to put this but doesn't warrant a new thread...wholleys Twitter likes...basically all UConn and RE stuff in the last few days. He's coming here

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Diaco talked about love for this program. If you were in the room today you wouldve felt it from Randy. Big. Freakin. Difference

His frame of mind might be:

"UConn gave me my first head coaching gig. They were good for me and I was good for them. In this business, good chemistry like that is rare. I had something special here and I pissed it away. This is where I belong. This is my football family".

Combine that emotion with needing a coaching job, and here he is. I'm happy he is here; we needed a real coach.

Last edited:

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Finally just watched it...I had flash backs to how he coached through that JH year. His comments after the ND game. While I still wonder about the MD dream job comments, I really do think RE has a personal connection to UConn. There aren't a lot of coaches that have that with a school...lets hope he is our Bill Snyder.

I have no problem with his dream job comments. He said he grew up going to Maryland football games. I can see why that would be a special program to him.

My son grew up going to SMU games with me. His first game was when he was a year old at the Ford Stadium opening against Kansas. He's talked about going into coaching. If he was a coach someday at New Mexico or Louisiana Tech, I could see how the head coaching job at SMU would mean something extra to him.

But I think Randy is over that. He realizes that he and UConn are a good fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22
Top Bottom