HCRE 2.0 Presser Thread (with Link to Watch) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

HCRE 2.0 Presser Thread (with Link to Watch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was his name Bob? He might not understand how these things work.
bob-minion.jpg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Anyone who boasts on an anonymous message board about being self actualized isn't even in that neighborhood. Onto Ignore for you. Waste of time
Again, I only said I was closer than you. In response to a personal attack.

Reaction Score
As long as it doesn't entail deliberately tanking his entire first season in order to evaluate personnel, I'll trust that DandyRandy has a viable and sane plan in mind to turn this train wreck around.
I forget what year, but do you recall the UConn versus NAVY game where the huskies played / executed poorly, and he made the entire team at the end of the game listen to the NAVY band and stare at the final score? He hates losing but losing because you execute poorly ...in my view of his world...he deems this beyond unacceptable. This and this alone is why he defines respect. ...and he learned that he too has had to learn about being consistent and not hypocritical with the character he wants in his players and that which needs to be in him. I hated that coach Randy Edsell left but always blamed Hathaway for why Randy left. I have given each coach at UConn my support when they start but he will be the first coach where my confidence is high for expectations of winning.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Finally just watched it...I had flash backs to how he coached through that JH year. His comments after the ND game. While I still wonder about the MD dream job comments, I really do think RE has a personal connection to UConn. There aren't a lot of coaches that have that with a school...lets hope he is our Bill Snyder.

Reaction Score
Cheering & fist-pumping when the kicker for the other team misses a FG but is still leading 27-3 in the 3rd quarter and your offense has more 3 & outs than it has passing yards.
Wait, this actually happened?!

Reaction Score
Gotta tell ya, I'm not there yet. Hopefully, I'll be closer in Mid-April and a little more close the night of August 31, I need to see the product in action against FBS opponents...and a few times over.

I can't believe all the accolades and optimism because of a speech/press conference. Lets see who his staff is ( are we going to pay more for staff than in the past?) and if he can get any quality recruits at this late date. A lot of comments on this board actually remind me of Diaco. Lots of enthusiasm with little basis for it.

Reaction Score
I forget what year, but do you recall the UConn versus NAVY game where the huskies played / executed poorly, and he made the entire team at the end of the game listen to the NAVY band and stare at the final score?
Tradition, and win or lose, respect typically exhibited by opponents of each of the military academies.

Reaction Score
I can't believe all the accolades and optimism because of a speech/press conference. Lets see who his staff is ( are we going to pay more for staff than in the past?) and if he can get any quality recruits at this late date. A lot of comments on this board actually remind me of Diaco. Lots of enthusiasm with little basis for it.

Great presser. Get on board. The guy won here before and he'll probably do it again. Don't be a pansy.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Finally just watched it...I had flash backs to how he coached through that JH year. His comments after the ND game. While I still wonder about the MD dream job comments, I really do think RE has a personal connection to UConn. There aren't a lot of coaches that have that with a school...lets hope he is our Bill Snyder.

Bill Snyder is a good comparison. Maybe some things were just meant to be.

Reaction Score

So 2 Big East titles, a Fiesta Bowl appearance 5 bowl games and many NFL players from this same University is little basis for it?

Got it. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I forget what year, but do you recall the UConn versus NAVY game where the huskies played / executed poorly, and he made the entire team at the end of the game listen to the NAVY band and stare at the final score? He hates losing but losing because you execute poorly ...in my view of his world...he deems this beyond unacceptable. This and this alone is why he defines respect. ...and he learned that he too has had to learn about being consistent and not hypocritical with the character he wants in his players and that which needs to be in him. I hated that coach Randy Edsell left but always blamed Hathaway for why Randy left. I have given each coach at UConn my support when they start but he will be the first coach where my confidence is high for expectations of winning.

......wow. Every single team stays after the game with Army & Navy - win or lose.

Reaction Score
.wow. Every single team stays after the game with Army & Navy - win or lose.
No...not that day...he was yelling at the team, HCRE was pissed. He didn't do it that day to show respect to Navy but to show how we lost respect. The team didn't perform and not putting up your best fight against your opponent is a lack of respect for your opponent and your fans. I was in section 130 with 11 others and he was in the opposite corner of the field and those of us still in the stadium could hear him as if he was 4 rows in front.

Reaction Score
What's abundantly clear from this presser is Randy is a competent individual, he's not throwing out ridiculous lines, his words are genuine, his connection to the school and its players is genuine. He clearly wants to win here because it means something to him. That's something you can't undervalue. Whether or not he actually can go out and put the product on the field remains to be seen. But I'm confident he'll at the very least bring the program back to respectability. No more energy vampires, no more fantasy rivalry trophies, no more offensive schemes from the 1970s, no more absurd press conferences after a game that make you wonder if his eyes are working - no more embarrassment.

this

Reaction Score
He came off as very sincere regarding his apology. Think he realizes leaving at all was a mistake.

I noticed he didn't say leaving was a mistake, he said that the WAY he left was a mistake. I can respect that.

I really don't know what I was expecting, but I was deflated when he was hired again. I spent the last 6 years hating him and enjoying his every failure at UM. It was petty, but I was pissed and hurt. Seeing the emotion in his face and hearing it in his voice brought back a flood of emotions for me, especially when he brought up Jazz. After seeing the presser, I believe him and I'm buying in. We have to trust that when he told his wife that UCONN would be the only place he would ever want to be a head coach again, it meant he won't bail for another "dream job". I don't know what this year will bring, but I know it will be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom