HCPP, DEZ, 'Taking a knee' | Page 3 | The Boneyard

HCPP, DEZ, 'Taking a knee'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
First of all I am proud we did not do the lame ass victory formation. It is weak. They may as well call it the pu55y formation. We are really advocating sitting on the ball for over a minute is ridiculous and the sport is becoming too soft every day. Wtf. Hockey and basketball do not let u sit on the puck/ball why is football. The play should be ILLEGAL. People pay for sixty minutes of football
Also why are we harping on the coach for trying to score more points. We are ded last in offense. I have been waiting for a. Offensive outburst all season and now people want the coach to kneel and run up the middle. WTf

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Tell me how exciting it is to watch a qb kneel three times with the ball

your fball iq is what? with seconds left and a 1 score game. you ice the game. with seconds left and up by 50 u ice the game the same way. are you dez or paul or george? me if your name is warde lol

Reaction Score
your fball iq is what? with seconds left and a 1 score game. you ice the game. with seconds left and up by 50 u ice the game the same way. are you dez or paul or george? **** me if your name is warde lol
in hockey they pull the goalie and play lights out till the end of a close game. Tell me which ending u prefer?M my argument is the play you have spent a week of your life protesting should not exist. You should like this it would have made your life easier.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
in hockey they pull the goalie and play lights out till the end of a close game. Tell me which ending u prefer?

what rocker did u have before u fell off? a goalie being pulled in puck is when a team is losing and tries to tie a score by adding a man advantage on O. its leaves the net open.

thats not anywhere in the same country as the end of a fball game with a knee being taken to win. i really dont even know what the to say lol its so crazy. i need a drink or something to understand this better maybe?

so we should pull our qb? give them the snap(faceoff) and try to see if the 1 man advantage they have can run the ball back and score a td to tie us? im lost.

this is why ppl in other states laugh at uconn fball. and while i think u are off a rocker right now, i would hire u at the courant 2moro as that was more creative then just being ok with how uconn fball ius now under PP...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They certainly do the same thing in basketball games. Teams run out the clock dribbling while everyone stands around every night.

Things are getting bad around here.

Are you Greg Schiano?

Reaction Score
what rocker did u have before u fell off? a goalie being pulled in puck is when a team is losing and tries to tie a score by adding a man advantage on O. its leaves the net open.

thats not anywhere in the same country as the end of a fball game with a knee being taken to win. i really dont even know what the **** to say lol its so crazy. i need a drink or something to understand this better maybe?

so we should pull our qb? give them the snap(faceoff) and try to see if the 1 man advantage they have can run the ball back and score a td to tie us? im lost.

this is why ppl in other states laugh at uconn fball. and while i think u are off a rocker right now, i would hire u athe courant 2moro as that was more creative then just being ok with how uconn fball ius now under PP...
my point is there is excitement buzzer to buzzer in hockey. In football when the winning team gets the ball last. Not so much .. unless they are forced to run a play. Basketball can be buzzer to buzzer in close games. The only was they do that in football is if the v formation is illegal

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
They certainly do the same thing in basketball games. Teams run out the clock dribbling while everyone stands around every night.

Are you Greg Schiano?

can we argue together on this topic, on the same side? this feels weird.

Reaction Score

Are you Greg Schiano?
That's in out of hand games. I'm talking about close games and shiano had a point

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
my point is there is excitement buzzer to buzzer in hockey. In football when the winning team gets the ball last. Not so much .. unless they are forced to run a play. Basketball can be buzzer to buzzer in close games. The only was they do that in football is if the v formation is illegal

ok so uwould rather run plays and risk losing a gam then just making a simple knee or 2 and taking a win. got it. itsnot exciting for u. sorry to inform u but this is how all fbll is.uconn is upgrading its puck soon and im sure hey will be in a lot of open net situations the first couple years so maybe u should go to those games...

Reaction Score
ok so uwould rather run plays and risk losing a gam then just making a simple knee or 2 and taking a win. got it. itsnot exciting for u. sorry to inform u but this is how all fbll is.uconn is upgrading its puck soon and im sure hey will be in a lot of open net situations the first couple years so maybe u should go to those games...
I like exciting games and if uconn was on the other end of the stick an opportunity to win the game is exciting to me. If we are winning The odds of a fumble or turnover are low. There are one or two the whole game. Not a big deal

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I like exciting games and if uconn was on the other end of the stick an opportunity to win the game is exciting to me. If we are winning The odds of a fumble or turnover are low. There are one or two the whole game. Not a big deal

ok so then i go to the posession before where the staff tried to be agressive and whitmer threw a pick(bummer). i asume u liked this play call then? it lead to pitt scoring(being only down 1 score now) and getting a kick chance before we knee the ball for the game and instead we gave them another chance by not kneeing.

actually-to the board the more i think about this, the more i want to call a law office and sue P and D for something. its like they tried to blow the game on purpose or something. holy .

Reaction Score
Palatine's post of "the fumble" brought back a lot of pain. I was young then but I think the V Formation became the norm after that cluster .

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That's in out of hand games. I'm talking about close games and shiano had a point

Schiano did it at the Rent last year. What exactly was the point? That he's an balloon knot who after having a player paralyzed isn't afraid to put players on both teams in harm's way?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

No offense, but on a board filled with thousands of stupid posts and ideas - this is the worst string of posts we've seen yet. The premise is idiotic. Where do you draw the line. Are QB keeps acceptible? Handing to the fullback? Do they need to put the ball in the air? Should they be required to punt on first down?

Reaction Score
in hockey they pull the goalie and play lights out till the end of a close game. Tell me which ending u prefer?M my argument is the play you have spent a week of your life protesting should not exist. You should like this it would have made your life easier.

These are seriously the most juvenile quotes I've ever seen on here. How are you old enough to type..........To quote Herman Edwards "You Play To Win the Game!" "Hello" "You Play To Win the Game" "You Don't Just Play to Play it!"........Would you like to completely remove strategy and logic from the game? Is that what you propose? You can watch go watch the WWE or WWF (whatever its called these days) for fake non-stop nonsensical action...........Strategy is at the roots of all games......It is how you mentally win a game........I teach this to my 3rd in 4th graders in PE class......HELLO YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME! (I've even been known to scream that at them) Wait a minute is this Brian from 2nd period?????????

Reaction Score
First of all I am proud we did not do the lame ass victory formation. It is weak. They may as well call it the pu55y formation. We are really advocating sitting on the ball for over a minute is ridiculous and the sport is becoming too soft every day. Wtf. Hockey and basketball do not let u sit on the puck/ball why is football. The play should be ILLEGAL. People pay for sixty minutes of football

gdelmeme.jpg

Reaction Score
^^^^^^^That's one of the posts I meant to grab......grabbed the wrong one.....@ConnHuskBask.......you have to do some reading to catch up....but no this doesn't regard McCombs up the middle being exciting.....It regards knowing basic the most elementary knowledge of sport strategy and understanding that it is important to use the rules of the game to help your team win...

Reaction Score
I believe and stand by everything I said in that initial post.

However, I was not prepared for what has occurred in this thread while I was working. WOW!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Yes the losing team plays high risk to the buzzer because it's their only shot at scoring in hockey duh. The winning team would happily hold pass the puck back and forth and play keep away for the last minute until the game ended. You don't see them just going all out sending all 5 skaters towards the other teams nets in hope for the empty netter. You take it if you can get it but priority number one is keeping possession of the puck and not ducking up and giving up the tying goal.

Do you think the defense in football isn't trying everything they can to get the ball back at the end of a game with their team losing? You go for every strip and interception you can. You blitz every play hoping to force an error. That's the equivalent of pulling your goalie while trailing in hockey, not running plays on offense to go for more points when you are winning with under a minute left.

Reaction Score
The Buffalo Bills just took the knee when they knew they won as long as they played the clock. WTF where they thinking? They should have went for another TD.

:rolleyes:

What's good? Besides Syracuse being crappy.

Reaction Score
This hockey thing is not analogous and freaking stupid. This isn't about excitement its about winning percentage. You play the game to win not to provide 60 minutes of excitement. Just dumb.

My point is that two running plays/two kneels produces nearly identical winning outcome percentages. The fact that people posted the eagles giants video proves my point. Still using an example from 40 years ago because there are almost no more recent examples of it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET