HCPP, DEZ, 'Taking a knee' | Page 2 | The Boneyard

HCPP, DEZ, 'Taking a knee'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
LOL. Des asked P why he didn't go to the v formation at the end of the game. What more do you want him to do?

If somebody gave you a answer to a good question would you stop there?

These guys are soft!

Reaction Score
If somebody gave you a ****ty answer to a good question would you stop there?

These guys are soft!

Des would violate basically every sports journalism rule if he went further. You ask a question and then get the response. You don't tell the subject to answer a different way.

Reaction Score
Des would violate basically every sports journalism rule if he went further. You ask a question and then get the response. You don't tell the subject to answer a different way.

Where is that rule written?

Did you watch the Mike Leach press conference that was posted here? Those guys must not have had the same rulebooks that you are referring to.

Reaction Score
John,

give up. the masses have their pitchforks and they will not be happy until someone is hung. reason went out the windows weeks ago.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
This is getting silly. We're talking about sports media, not reporting on issues that actually affect people's livelihoods. But whatever, we can probably keep this useless thread going 20 pages without saying anything new. Have at it.

Reaction Score
Know nothings like you are why we up here in the Northeast are looked down upon by fanbases who actually know a little something about football. Keep it up.

Really? Are you sure it isn't because we're terrible at football? Because I'm pretty sure it's because we're terrible at football.

Also, because our attendance sucks.

I think, "Some fans lack an encyclopedic knowledge of football" is not that high up on the list. I know Bama/Auburn fans. I'm sorry, but they ain't all football geniuses.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This is getting silly. We're talking about sports media, not reporting on issues that actually affect people's livelihoods. But whatever, we can probably keep this useless thread going 20 pages without saying anything new. Have at it.

Doesn't it though? You have over 1,700 posts in a little over a year and a quarter. It seems that you have allowed what goes on with this school's teams (and how they are covered by extension) to affect your life in some way, shape, or form.

I agree it is getting out of hand, and said as much this morning, but make no mistake. We all let it affect our lives.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
To be more specific, whether the sports beat reporter ask the football coach a question once or twice, or more or less aggressively, isn't as important as whether the other reporter uncovers a story on corruption or people being screwed by the government or a sleazy business. That's what I meant by reporting and livelihood, but you are right that UConn football does affect my personal life (hopefully not to the point where it affects my job performance /livelihood!)

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I don't think I even understand this thread. Are people complaining about the play calls themselves, or Dez not giving P a harder time about them? The calls were terrible and add to the list of poor clock management issues, but it's not Dez's job to grade P on his play calls. He asked about it, which to me means he realizes it was the wrong call, but I don't see why anyone would want him to badger P about it until he loses his access to the coaches. How does that do anyone any good?

I definitely agree that Dez responds to way too many of his posters. It makes him seem insecure in his thoughts that he feels the need to constantly defend them to a bunch of nitwits on the internet. He's got to realize you're never going to satisfy everyone on the internet, and just speak his piece and leave it at that.

Reaction Score
I see your point. However, I don't think Silver and Conner need to get all "John Stossel" on Pasqualoni in order to get to the bottom of why he doesn't know when to call a time out.

To be more specific, whether the sports beat reporter ask the football coach a question once or twice, or more or less aggressively, isn't as important as whether the other reporter uncovers a story on corruption or people being screwed by the government or a sleazy business. That's what I meant by reporting and livelihood, but you are right that UConn football does affect my personal life (hopefully not to the point where it affects my job performance /livelihood!)

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I don't think I even understand this thread. Are people complaining about the play calls themselves, or Dez not giving P a harder time about them? The calls were terrible and add to the list of poor clock management issues, but it's not Dez's job to grade P on his play calls. He asked about it, which to me means he realizes it was the wrong call, but I don't see why anyone would want him to badger P about it until he loses his access to the coaches. How does that do anyone any good?

Why not? He grades everyone but the coaches after every game in his "blog".

Reaction Score

I didn't realize he did this as i don't generally go to his blog. I guess he kind of opened up that can of worms on his own .

Reaction Score

... And Mulcahy grades the coaches pass/fail based on win/loss and gets railed for that here. No win.

Reaction Score
HUH? Where in the world are you getting this from? The best journalists will rephrase questions in an attempt to get an honest answer. It's bad journalists that don't bother to ask follow up questions.

Reaction Score
I didn't realize he did this as i don't generally go to his blog. I guess he kind of opened up that can of worms on his own .

It's very, very strange that he doesn't grade them.

Reaction Score
... And Mulcahy grades the coaches pass/fail based on win/loss and gets railed for that here. No win.

Not by me. I think that if one actually read Mulcahy all season, we could infer what his grade of the two stooges would be.

Reaction Score
HUH? Where in the world are you getting this from? The best journalists will rephrase questions in an attempt to get an honest answer. It's bad journalists that don't bother to ask follow up questions.

You do realize that this was a press conference, right? The beat writers don't get their own individual sit downs with the coaches. There isn't a back and forth in a press conference, you get called on by the moderator and then ask your question and get a response.

It isn't the job of the beat writer to try and shape the coach's opinion.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
lets make this simple

coach fucks up again- beat writer asks simple question about something and gets answer but ignores the big issues...

its like when a msnbc writer goes to the white house and asks Obama about how the kids lunch program is going when we have the middle east up in flames

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Well Dan, you and I will have to disagree whether how bad coach P sucks is a "big issue" or not. I agree that we'd be better off with a different HC but I gotta back up Dez on this one - what he and Jacobs and every other member of the media write or don't write about the football coach does not factor into Warde and Susan's decision. If there's a ton of bad press about a sucky football coach and then he winds up getting fired, he wasn't fired because of the press, he was fired because the AD ascertained the coach sucked at his job. The newspaper articles are a lagging indicator, not a leading indicator. And in comparison to Syria or the economy or even local town issues, nothing in sports is anywhere near as important, period.

Reaction Score
And in comparison to Syria or the economy or even local town issues, nothing in sports is anywhere near as important, period.

I'm not sure why you keep bringing this up. Is anyone suggesting otherwise?

Reaction Score
First of all I am proud we did not do the lame ass victory formation. It is weak. They may as well call it the pu55y formation. We are really advocating sitting on the ball for over a minute is ridiculous and the sport is becoming too soft every day. Wtf. Hockey and basketball do not let u sit on the puck/ball why is football. The play should be ILLEGAL. People pay for sixty minutes of football
Also why are we harping on the coach for trying to score more points. We are ded last in offense. I have been waiting for a. Offensive outburst all season and now people want the coach to kneel and run up the middle. WTf

Reaction Score
First of all I am proud we did not do the lame ass victory formation. It is weak. They may as well call it the pu55y formation. We are really advocating sitting on the ball for over a minute is ridiculous and the sport is becoming too soft every day. Wtf. Hockey and basketball do not let u sit on the puck/ball why is football. The play should be ILLEGAL. People pay for sixty minutes of football
Also why are we harping on the coach for trying to score more points. We are ded last in offense. I have been waiting for a. Offensive outburst all season and now people want the coach to kneel and run up the middle. WTf

This post serious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET