HCPP a gift that keeps on giving | The Boneyard

HCPP a gift that keeps on giving

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not sure I understand the title. If it's true what did he do wrong?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What's most interesting is she didn't report the alleged incident until two years later at which time the police said there was insufficient information to prosecute the case. Really, what did she expect? Hard to see what the school did wrong here.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
What's most interesting is she didn't report the alleged incident until two years later at which time the police said there was insufficient information to prosecute the case. Really, what did she expect? Hard to see what the school did wrong here.
I wasn't aware of that. She is suing because the school didn't have a hearing when she waited 18 months after the alleged incident. With no arrest, technically the school didn't even have to inform PP.

Reaction Score
Adesmar123 you want to take a cheap shot at Coach P for that? Grow up lad.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Normally I'd give the victim the benefit of the doubt for not reporting an incident for 18 months due to the nature of the incident. However, this girl appears to be more than willing to throw her name into the media spotlight when the law allows her to remain unnamed. Her roommate was sleeping in another bed IN THE SAME ROOM and yet this girl was forcibly raped without even being able to cry out for help. The player told her not to tell anyone in a text message - what exactly was that message? "hey, let's keep last night's rape secret, okay?". I understand that rapes occur at UConn and every other college campus, if it was my daughter I'd be mortified. But man this one sounds a little fishy. And not in a Fish of WV type of way.

Reaction Score
Normally I'd give the victim the benefit of the doubt for not reporting an incident for 18 months due to the nature of the incident. However, this girl appears to be more than willing to throw her name into the media spotlight when the law allows her to remain unnamed. Her roommate was sleeping in another bed IN THE SAME ROOM and yet this girl was forcibly raped without even being able to cry out for help. The player told her not to tell anyone in a text message - what exactly was that message? "hey, let's keep last night's rape secret, okay?". I understand that rapes occur at UConn and every other college campus, if it was my daughter I'd be mortified. But man this one sounds a little fishy. And not in a Fish of WV type of way.

HIS roommate. Big difference.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Not sure I understand the title. If it's true what did he do wrong?

What did he know,when did he know it and what did he do about it?

Reaction Score
A few scenarios which make P or UConn admin/law enforcement look bad. One or the other, but not both.

Is someone from UConn lying, a lie that it being perpetuated by other UConn officials? Did P forget he was told about this? Did he not appreciate the nature of the alleged offense? Did the UConn person play down the nature of the alleged offense (think "horseplay" in the Sandusky case)? Whatever you think about P, I think he's honorable and would not tell a lie with the intention of making UConn look bad.

It's not like P was told a player was charged with rape and didn't do anything about it, he was allegedly told a rape charge was not filed due to lack of evidence because it happened almost two years ago. So the player was not in any legal trouble and there's no action he could have taken But once the decision was made not to press charges, that's where the guy should have been pulled aside for a heart-to-heart. "I'm not judging, but you need to be careful and stay away from situations that could get you in trouble." At a minimum this conversation should have taken place and that it might not have for whatever reason is a shame.

This player's name is going to come out sooner rather than later, if it hasn't surfaced already in Storrs. He might want to lawyer up.

Reaction Score
A few scenarios which make P or UConn admin/law enforcement look bad. One or the other, but not both.

Is someone from UConn lying, a lie that it being perpetuated by other UConn officials? Did P forget he was told about this? Did he not appreciate the nature of the alleged offense? Did the UConn person play down the nature of the alleged offense (think "horseplay" in the Sandusky case)? Whatever you think about P, I think he's honorable and would not tell a lie with the intention of making UConn look bad.

It's not like P was told a player was charged with rape and didn't do anything about it, he was allegedly told a rape charge was not filed due to lack of evidence because it happened almost two years ago. So the player was not in any legal trouble and there's no action he could have taken But once the decision was made not to press charges, that's where the guy should have been pulled aside for a heart-to-heart. "I'm not judging, but you need to be careful and stay away from situations that could get you in trouble." At a minimum this conversation should have taken place and that it might not have for whatever reason is a shame.

This player's name is going to come out sooner rather than later, if it hasn't surfaced already in Storrs. He might want to lawyer up.

UConn does not have procedures in place yet to deal with this stuff. It's clear from everything we've read about police ("he didn't believe her") to what happened in the case of the music professor this summer, to this new stuff about Pasqualoni. In protecting the rights of the accused, a lot of people go into CYA mode.

I bet almost any faculty member and administrator has dealt with these issues before, and I can tell you it is not easy, nor are there easy procedures to follow. My school has a directive as of early 2013 but even that is not foolproof and requires discretion.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Adesmar123 you want to take a cheap shot at Coach P for that? Grow up lad.

So you believe the Police Chief was lying.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What did he know,when did he know it and what did he do about it?

Well according to him nothing, now and nothing.

The guy is a terrible football coach - he still seems more competent than the UConn police.

Reaction Score
Not to make light of a rape, because if the accusation is true, the guy should be strung up, but is this the woman who thinks our new cuddly wolf logo demeans women and leads to a rape culture?

Reaction Score
Not to make light of a rape, because if the accusation is true, the guy should be strung up, but is this the woman who thinks our new cuddly wolf logo demeans women and leads to a rape culture?

No...

Reaction Score

No, but that woman wrote that after she was allegedly raped. Remember, these accusations are from a couple years ago. The new logo is not even 6 months old.

Reaction Score
If this happened two years ago, there's a 50/50 shot the kid's not even on the team anymore. I hate to say it, but if P's is told about a rape accusation, with no arrest, against a player that's out of the program, what is he really supposed to do? Even if he's still in the program I don't know how much you can do against a kid for an accusation.

Reaction Score
If this happened two years ago, there's a 50/50 shot the kid's not even on the team anymore. I hate to say it, but if P's is told about a rape accusation, with no arrest, against a player that's out of the program, what is he really supposed to do? Even if he's still in the program I don't know how much you can do against a kid for an accusation.

There are definitely things he's supposed to do. He holds the kid out as the university conducts its investigation. At the very least. He should have been told.

Reaction Score
One thing most people are missing is that the headline writer twists the Police spokesman's words. She says that administrators were notified, not Pasqualoni.

Reaction Score
P is a bad football coach, but a good man. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this. And that says nothing to the actual allegations, which I refuse to comment on.

Same here. Somethings I rather just not offer up an opinion on. I'll just say this though, The protocol, with most police agencies, when the shat hits the fan, is to try and find another responsible party when it appears they dropped the ball. Don't ask my why, but I've been there when that sort of stuff happens, and if you speak up and say let's just deal with this head on, we effed up, it happens let's not compound things by lying or pointing figures, your usually ignored or given some halfass explanation of why "we didn't really up".

Reaction Score

Kind of like the Penn State incident, egh? Police investigated, no charges filed. Head coach is not informed. I believe most of this bored chastised Joe Paterno for a similar situation that sprialed into a much larger scale.

Reaction Score
Kind of like the Penn State incident, egh? Police investigated, no charges filed. Head coach is not informed. I believe most of this bored chastised Joe Paterno for a similar situation that sprialed into a much larger scale.

I don't think there's any evidence at all to support this theory and frankly you should be embarassed you even attempted to compare the 2 scenarios.

Reaction Score

Lots of cross currents in this whole thing. IMO everyone including the girl, UCONN the institution, the player of course, Coach P, Jeff Hathaway, Susan Herbst, and WM, is at fault here. I mean look at the circumstances in this rape.

1) Rose Richi participated in underage drinking while a freshman in a UCONN mens dorm
2) The athlete in question should have had it drilled into his head from day 1 on campus that his scholarship makes him a representative of UCONN athletics and his off the field behavior should reflect that.
3) Was the young lady signed in to the dorm? If not, then why not? Was the resident hall supervisor aware?
4) The so called investigation by the UCONN police is embarrassing to say the least, not only was there an alleged rape but the police are supposed to enforce laws both state and federal, and they did not do that given that alcohol was involved, and that's just for starters.
5) UCONN needs to change it's dormitory policies, and ALL UCONN athletes need to have to adhere to a code of conduct.

Everyone dropped the ball here, the UCONN culture is fault here.

A very good friend of mine is a state trooper who has been on campus many times in a professional capacity, him and his wife have two daughters ages 10 and 14, and my wife and I also have two daughters also 10 and 14. Everyone has there own opinion of what a college culture should be in this day and age but I must say here, that based on what goes on on the UCONN campus, my state trooper friend and his wife have told us (based on what he has seen) that they would never send there daughters to UCONN, given the present on campus culture. This is not just an indictment of the UCONN police dept, but students and their behavior, rules set forth by UCONN's AD and president (past and present), the football coaches (past and present), etc. My wife knows that I am a die hard UCONN fan, and we have brought our 3 kids to UCONN ball games many times, and will continue to do so, but the wife has informed me that in no uncertain terms that our daughters will not be attending UCONN. We also have a 6 year old boy who loves UCONN ball. Our 14 year old is a freshman in HS and is a varsity cheerleader who roots the team on at every game, and if she cheers the team on in college as of now it won't be at UCONN.

Reaction Score
I don't think there's any evidence at all to support this theory and frankly you should be embarassed you even attempted to compare the 2 scenarios.

Vehemently disagree. Watch and decide for yourself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom