HBO movie on Cheshire murders | The Boneyard

HBO movie on Cheshire murders

Reaction Score
I've followed this case closely like many of us have and thought the movie was well done. It is hard to listen to the horrific details again but I was interested in hearing the interviews from the victims family members, family members of the murderers and the lawyers and psychologists involved with the case. I left the movie reminded of what a disgrace the Cheshire police department is and was lef with a very hollow and sad feeling about the entire awful tragedy.

Reaction Score
I've followed this case closely like many of us have and thought the movie was well done. It is hard to listen to the horrific details again but I was interested in hearing the interviews from the victims family members, family members of the murderers and the lawyers and psychologists involved with the case. I left the movie reminded of what a disgrace the Cheshire police department is and was lef with a very hollow and sad feeling about the entire awful tragedy.
What happened regarding the Cheshire PD that was awful? didn't see it...

Reaction Score
The police were on the scene for a half hour, while the mother was strangled and raped and the youngest daughter was raped and the house was lit on fire. They have never said anything about what happened that morning, the Petit and Hawke families have been writing them letters for years and have never heard a single word back. They know they failed miserably and they have put a gag order on everyone in the department.

Reaction Score
Yes....well done documentary.

Doesn't get any more evil than that crime.

Reaction Score
Yes....well done documentary.

Doesn't get any more evil than that crime.
I have been against capital punishment for most of my adult life but I have to admit that case would test the seriousness of my commitment.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I have been against capital punishment for most of my adult life but I have to admit that case would test the seriousness of my commitment.

Yeah it is one of those cases where death actually seems too good for them....

Reaction Score
I'm against capital punishment and as far as I'm concerned there is no moral ambiguity when it comes to this issue, you are either for putting people to death or against it.

Reaction Score
Two separate articles in today's Hartford Courant:
Front Page: LAWYER MAY SEEK NEW TRIAL "Say Komisarjevski Defense Didn't Have Evidence From Cheshire Cops"
Connecticut Section: VICTIM'S SISTER FUMING OVER BONUSES: 4 Town Police officers Received Bonuses in 2007, According to Internal Memos"
Just another couple of blemishes in an already tarnished reputation.

Reaction Score

I don't believe in capital punishment either. But I would be perfectly happy to see those two put to death.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The performance of the Cheshire cops that day was pure cowardice. Every cop on duty that day should have been fired, and then every officer those cops reported to should have been fired, right up to the chief. If you don't want to face armed bad guys, don't be a cop.

Reaction Score
When a crime is that brutal and there is a survivor they should simply ask Dr. Petit whether he wants them to have life in prison or be put to death. And in cases like this where there is no doubt what they did - duck all these appeals. Those poor girls.

Reaction Score
Bring back town hangings, eye-for-an-eye etc etc........make them afraid to do these horrific things........same with pedophiles........let the mom and dad cut off their...........at least that's how I feel.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom