HBO Final Episode March to Madness tonight at 10pm | The Boneyard

HBO Final Episode March to Madness tonight at 10pm

Reaction Score
Needless to say, I'll be interested in what they show us.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Needless to say, I'll be interested in what they show us.
I have conflicting feelings about watching. It will contradict my denial argument.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I'll watch it, but I'm a sucker for happy endings, and this show won't have one. :(

Reaction Score
Well, so far as it will show a coach who is incredibly tough and demanding on his players during the season, but amazingly philosophical and compassionate in a heartbreaking loss, and thus so far as it shows the ultimate reason why, far and away UConn has the best WCBB program--maybe the best athletic program--in all of sports, it will be great, I'm sure.

It ain't whether you win or lose, but how you play the game (of life) that counts.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
It's not surprising to me that he didn't let the cameras roll at halftime. He had to be wondering by then whether the whole HBO thing was a good idea or not.

It's still just a game. He put it in perspective at the end by saying it's one game for him in an entire career. It's a little more important to the players, who only get four years or less, but then again, only a tiny handful of players ever get to play in even one Final Four, let alone multiple ones.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I enjoyed it.
It was straightforward and still showed the power and ethics of the program. I agree with Gabby's sentiment, but it still delivered the message that this is a great team of great young ladies.
Now it's time to cancel the HBO subscription.

Reaction Score
Was hoping for an hour long finale. I think they could have done it even without the NC game. Would have been curious to see the day or two after while Geno was still at the tournament. I wasn't a fan of the close-ups, just because I thought they were too close. Sad to see how upset they were as it looks like it was probably right after the game, but at the same time as Geno said, how many girls have they sent to the locker room feeling the same way. Unfortunately that's the way of things. I think it was Gabby or Kia that said, now we take the steps going forward to make sure we never feel this way again. Makes me like them even more. I think it was Bobby Jones that said, "I never learned a thing from a match that I won." This team is going to be on a warpath in 2018.

Reaction Score
Gabby was not happy at all as she walked away and went to her locker throwing things and slamming stuff. She was way more pissed then upset. I was also shocked to see the transfers in the room crying as well.

Reaction Score
That was sad to see them so upset. It was such a tough loss due to the expectations and that it was the Final Four. Makes you appreciate why Geno wanted them to experience a loss earlier in the season to get that "edge". Now they have to wait for next year.
Wish this episode had more personal stuff and less game stuff. First time in the series they focused on the game - and it was on their only loss!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Was hoping for an hour long finale. I think they could have done it even without the NC game. Would have been curious to see the day or two after while Geno was still at the tournament. I wasn't a fan of the close-ups, just because I thought they were too close. Sad to see how upset they were as it looks like it was probably right after the game, but at the same time as Geno said, how many girls have they sent to the locker room feeling the same way. Unfortunately that's the way of things. I think it was Gabby or Kia that said, now we take the steps going forward to make sure we never feel this way again. Makes me like them even more. I think it was Bobby Jones that said, "I never learned a thing from a match that I won." This team is going to be on a warpath in 2018.
Reflective of Diana and Marie sitting on the locker room floor after ND sent them home in the same game and determining to make sure they never felt the same way again - and they never did as college players.

Reaction Score
I think this was the most powerful episode of the series. The team handled the loss with the same class that they handled all of their victories. This series highlighted how Gabby is the heart and soul of this team and she and all of the other players next year will not allow a repeat of Mississippi State. On to a national championship in 2018.

Reaction Score
So do you think they were crying because they lost, or were they crying because of their performance? It seemed like it hit gabby, kls and nurse the hardest.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
This last episode was truly a tear jerker. I love this team, and I enjoyed the ride. The team/Gabby received a special call from Kobe Bryant and his daughter. Geno, CD, Shae and Marisa did an outstanding job with this team. These Ladies had a huge load to carry, and they carried it very well. Not only did they uphold the winning streak, but they proved so many naysayers wrong. Gabby is an outstanding person and extraordinary teammate. In the final four game she put the team on her shoulders, and after Geno spoke to the team, she grabbed Saniya and hugged her and whispered something to her, and then each player hugged Saniya and each other. Gabby is a true leader. So many teams need to take notes of this team. They are truly a family. UConn is a program that's a class act. They didn't blame anyone, and they thought about the fans.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Curious if anyone has seen any numbers related to viewership of this program. Was it getting a good audience outside Huskymania?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom