Hawkins, Jackson potentially returning Friday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hawkins, Jackson potentially returning Friday

Reaction Score
If we're playing 4 out, does it really matter who we call a 3 and who we call a 4?
i think so because if AJ is said to be playing the "4" then that should imply there's a guard playing at the "3" i.e. hawk or alleyne, which would be considered a small ball as opposed to a traditional lineup.

on defense karaban is also more likely to be matched up with a big and AJ a wing or guard, at least when they are on the floor together.

Reaction Score
i think so because if AJ is said to be playing the "4" then that should imply there's a guard playing at the "3" i.e. hawk or alleyne, which would be considered a small ball as opposed to a traditional lineup.

it also matters for defensive assignments. karaban is more likely to be guarding a big and AJ a wing or guard.
Hawkins at the 3 can be considered a traditional lineup. He's 6'5" and long. That's NBA 2-guard size, but college wing size.

Reaction Score
Hawkins at the 3 can be considered a traditional lineup. He's 6'5" and long. That's NBA 2-guard size, but college wing size.
the combination of a guard at the 3 and AJ at the 4 is what makes it small ball. i agree that hawk at the 3 and karaban/johnson/springs at the 4 would also be traditional.

i was trying to respond to the post saying karaban at the 3 and aj at the 4 doesnt make a difference. that would also be traditional in terms of size but i dont think there's a point to saying that when aj is clearly more of a wing and karaban a perfect stretch 4... idk i'm finding this harder to articulate than i expected.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Newton - 25 mpg
Hawkins - 25 mpg
Jackson - 28 mpg
Karaban - 25 mpg
Sanogo - 28 mpg

Diarra - 18 mpg
Alleyne - 22 mpg
Calcaterra - 12 mpg
Clingan - 12 mpg
Springs - 5 mpg

I think you'll see something like this until Samson gets back (not necessarily exactly what you'll see Friday, but eventually). Once Samson is back, Springs won't play and he'll split the 4 with Karaban depending on game flow. Would love Donovan to get more than 12 minutes, and he will some games, but we aren't really set up to play him and Sanogo together at this point.
I think this is a very fair expectation. Diarra probably could warrant more time because of his energy. Calcaterra needs to improve his defense. At this point, he’s a traffic cone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom