hawkins a better pro than bouknight? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

hawkins a better pro than bouknight?

Reaction Score
I am rooting for both, if I had to bet on one to score more NBA points it would certainly be hawkins.... that said, Bouknight had something that very few people have and that is the ability to just break down an NBA defense and score off the dribble, due to a variety of factors he hasnt gotten there yet and maybe never will but I still believe his ceiling is higher

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Bouknight's freshman season was good but not good enough where people outside the UConn program were noticing him that much.
Didn't help he had upperclassmen playing keepaway.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure that is true. Hawkins committed to UConn in August 2020, which was between Bouknight's freshman and sophomore seasons. Bouknight's freshman season was good but not good enough where people outside the UConn program were noticing him that much. Not until Bouknight got drafted in the lottery did Hurley have something to sell to recruits.
This is inaccurate. Everyone knew he was a stud after his freshman season. His being left on of All Big East preseason teams was pure politics.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This is inaccurate. Everyone knew he was a stud after his freshman season. His being left on of All Big East preseason teams was pure politics.
Bouk being a stud is debatable.
J D Davison has seen more NBA playing time in Boston this season than Bouk has seen in 2 and he only averaged 9 pts in his only season at Bama. Bouk looked the part but can't get it together to play it. Over hyped and more concerning- a complete mess.
UConn did him no favors either.
Bouknight got drafted by the worst possible team that didn’t help him address any of his behavioral issues or help him grow as a basketball player. He often seems rudderless out there. He has one more year to prove his viability. The talent is there.
You have no idea what you are talking about at all. Bouk came to UConn with a boatload of issues and they were never brought out to the forefront. NBA teams are not babysitters for kids who think that driving recklessly fast, abusing substances, playing with firearms and acting like an uncontrollable petulant child is ok. It's a job not a behavioral issue resort, its a workplace and any of us who did the things he did we would be unemployed. He is rudderless on the court and off.

Reaction Score
J D Davison has seen more NBA playing time in Boston this season than Bouk has seen in 2 and he only averaged 9 pts in his only season at Bama. Bouk looked the part but can't get it together to play it. Over hyped and more concerning- a complete mess.

You have no idea what you are talking about at all. Bouk came to UConn with a boatload of issues and they were never brought out to the forefront. NBA teams are not babysitters for kids who think that driving recklessly fast, abusing substances, playing with firearms and acting like an uncontrollable petulant child is ok. It's a job not a behavioral issue resort, its a workplace and any of us who did the things he did we would be unemployed. He is rudderless on the court and off.
Bouk being a stud in college is not debatable at all. He dropped 40 in his first BE game against a REALLY good Creighton team

Reaction Score
What politics are you referring to? I seriously don't remember.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

Charlotte is the absolute WORST place for someone like Bouk to go to if these issues are true… that locker room is well… and I don’t even like talking about guys like this.

If all this is true, Bouk desperately needs to go somewhere with a veteran presence that can keep him in line. Spurs were literally the next pick…

Hawkins has a huge upper hand with all the NBA greats that should be guiding him along his journey as mentors. I don’t know if I saw anyone come back to mentor Bouk like that (probably for the reasons stated).

Reaction Score
What politics are you referring to? I seriously don't remember.
UConn being a first year member of the big east. Everyone knew it was laughable to leave Bouk off that list. He wasn’t some surprise breakout player his sophomore year. He was always going to be a 2 and done and everyone knew it after his freshman year. He was that good

Reaction Score
bouk is still young and has potential but i think hawkins has the 3 point shooting game that will light up the nba, I dont know who to compare him to. I have hopes he can be ray allen greatness though
Step Curry comparison? Especially 3 point shooting?

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
"My super power is getting my shot off." I agree. It's his most distinguishing skill. Kid's gonna be a rock star.

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
Did DH know about Bouknight's character problems when he recruited him?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom