hawkins a better pro than bouknight? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

hawkins a better pro than bouknight?

Reaction Score
Hawkins is a much better shooter from deep. Bouk is much better at getting to the rim.

Hawk has the more desired NBA skill. Bouk has some other issues that he must learn to control.

Wish them both the very best.

Reaction Score
Gosh... not really trying to slam Bouk, but the bar is not super high thus far. If he's not expected to be better, some team shouldn't draft him and he shouldn't leave early.

Reaction Score
I don’t love these threads which just seem like an invitation to rip a kid who’s had a well-documented rough transition to the league.

But I’m not really clear on this notion that Bouknight’s ceiling is higher. Hawkins is a gym rat and, by all accounts, is married to the game. He’s already got a hugely bankable skill and he’s only going to expand his game. I think the sky’s the limit for this kid.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Bouk will likely get one more chance next season in the nba. He ruined his chances with his behavior, decisions and habits his first 2 years. He can’t afford to mess up again but he might do it anyway. Hawkins is a different type of guy. He will make the best of his talent and should at least carve out an nba role
Any team that look at Bouks arrests and rap sheet is not going to take a chance on him when there are so many players who are the same type of player. His act during the NBE tournament he played should have scared any sane person away
The kid needs lots of help and it has nothing to do with basketball. It's a huge shame. And shame on all those that knew his issues and did nothing and hid it. An intervention earlier in his life may have made a huge difference.
I hope he sees the light soon as I pray Ben Gordon does and hope Jeff Adrien stays on the straight and narrow.

Reaction Score
Bouknight might be Hurley’s most important recruit. Its very possible no Bouknight then there is no Hawkins, being a 2 and done gives Hurley more traction in recruiting.

Hopefully Bouk can get his life together most importantly then get his career back on track.

Reaction Score
Impossible to say. Hawkins could be one of the best shooters in the NBA whereas Bouknight probably won't ever be. Hawkins higher defensive upside as well. But Bouknight's handle and scoring instincts are on a different level. The "Hawkins higher floor, Bouknight higher ceiling" comment seems reasonable to me.

Reaction Score
Love Bouk but he is not the 'standard':

1681147004937.png

Reaction Score
he’s coachable and great 3mediocre D guy
and bouk has been lighting it up the past few games.

thoughts?
I believe we saw a glimpse of what Hawk can be as a player where as we saw what Book can do for the most part. A decade from now if both guys reach their potential Hawk will be the better player.

Reaction Score
Bouk gave everything he had to this program. There is no Jordan Hawkins at UConn without Bouk. He legitimized us again. Put some respect on his name. His last season here ended with a whimper. But that had much more to do with an injury than his talent. He’s a young kid who’s made some mistakes. But don’t doubt if Bouk had the supporting cast that Hawkins had….he might be a champion as well.

Newton
Bouk
Jackson
Karaban
Sanogo/Clingan

Yea…

We can root for them both to be great. Which is what I intend to continue to do. They’re brothers united by Blue Husky Blood. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
I think Hawkins has a lot of work to do on defense and creating space for his quick release., He will be well-served on a team that has a true point guard/distributor who is able/willing to be his set-up guy. His upside exceeds Bouknight, along with his behavior, demeanor and attitude. In the locker room................no contest............Hawkins.

Reaction Score
Bouknight got drafted by the worst possible team that didn’t help him address any of his behavioral issues or help him grow as a basketball player. He often seems rudderless out there. He has one more year to prove his viability. The talent is there.

Reaction Score
Both are Uber talented. Bouk needed maturity and maybe some therapy. He will succeed if he overcomes those issues. His talent is elite and he can be a perennial All Star.

Hawk is humble, talented and relentless. He’s an NBA GM’s dream. He might not be a star, but he’ll play in the league for a long, long time.

Reaction Score
Bouk gave everything he had to this program. There is no Jordan Hawkins at UConn without Bouk.
I'm not sure that is true. Hawkins committed to UConn in August 2020, which was between Bouknight's freshman and sophomore seasons. Bouknight's freshman season was good but not good enough where people outside the UConn program were noticing him that much. Not until Bouknight got drafted in the lottery did Hurley have something to sell to recruits.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure that is true. Hawkins committed to UConn in August 2020, which was between Bouknight's freshman and sophomore seasons. Bouknight's freshman season was good but not good enough where people outside the UConn program were noticing him that much. Not until Bouknight got drafted in the lottery did Hurley have something to sell to recruits.
Ray Allen seemed to have more influence over his commitment to UConn than Bouknight.

In particular, Jones said, Hawkins is a fan of Ray Allen, and it was no coincidence he featured Allen highlights prominently in the video that served as his official announcement.

Btw, it's interesting reading this article after Hawkins committed. Everything in there basically ended up being true.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom