HAWK time??? | The Boneyard

HAWK time???

Reaction Score
Looking like a lot of minutes just opened up for Hawkins moving forward

Reaction Score

Maybe he starts? Or do we see Gaff start? Either way, great opportunity for Hawkins to get some real minutes and also hopefully see Sool and Johnson get some extra burn.

I really don’t understand why Hurley is allergic to playing the freshmen. This is the perfect game to mix them in w regular starters.

Reaction Score
Hawk was… not great! Discuss.
I think he is deferring to much on offense and still has to improve his handle. The one thing i did like was his defense was pretty good in this game and UConn needed it.

Reaction Score
A freshman's performance is gonna read like an EKG from game to game. If they are talented you let them play through their mistakes within reason. Reacting positively or negatively after every game is a fools errand. Take the long view. It's an investment in March and the hope is it pays off big.

Reaction Score
Or, when you do dribble a basketball and lose it because of a bad handle or lack of concentration, you defer unless you are in a catch and shoot situation with feet planted and body squared up.

Hopefully, he improves his handle and can beat his man with quickness.

Reaction Score
Years ago, Mike McKay had the bobbles and eventually caught the ball and had a productive career.

He was not a primary ballhandler.

With time and experience, maybe Hawkins will improve his handle. He is needed this year so hopefully, he will figure it out sooner rather than later.

Reaction Score
I think he is deferring to much on offense and still has to improve his handle. The one thing i did like was his defense was pretty good in this game and UConn needed it.
Last game he was a ball hog who needed to pass, tonight he needed to shoot more. I'll go with none of the above and just say he's a freshman

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom