Having dinner with two Huskies | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Having dinner with two Huskies

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Sarah Northway and Meghan Gardler.
It took 63 posts in the corresponding WBB thread before somebody wrote "[to] heck with basketball" and offered your exact choices, in a departure from the 5th bullet point in @HuskyNan's pinned Rules for WBB forum.
"Wrong board" ;)

I already know you know that's the only mention of its kind on the putative 'right board.'

Reaction Score
Coach Calhoun and his choice!
Got to do that and have an autographed 1989 / 90 BE Championship Team Poster he gave and signed for me. After his speaking at a high school awards banquet I got to spend time and conversation at the bar with him and the high school coach.

As for players I would love to sit down with Uncle Cliff and Stanley Robinson as that would mean they are still watching games. With that choice no longer available, I would enjoy to sit in conversation over dinner with Donnie Marshall and Steve Pikiell. Two faves that are now doing very well in their craft.

Reaction Score
Were any players known for being total lunatics? I'd want to hang with those types.

Maybe Rashad Anderson and Johnnie Selvie?
Later in life, Jeff Adrian and Ben Gordon had their issues. Ill Go with those 2 during those times. See what was going on

Reaction Score
Later in life, Jeff Adrian and Ben Gordon had their issues. Ill Go with those 2 during those times. See what was going on
I was thinking more along the lines of fun-at-a-party lunacy. Not life threatening mental illness. I agree, though, that it would be an interesting dinner.

Reaction Score
Burrell and George... lets talk about "the shot" one of the greatest pass and shoots I ever witnessed

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I already puffed with spliffy. Mike Hayes got busted with a couple pounds. Not a dime bag. It’s intriguing.

I never did. Played foosball against him and Jeff King at Ted's a couple of times.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
It took 63 posts in the corresponding WBB thread before somebody wrote "[to] heck with basketball" and offered your exact choices, in a departure from the 5th bullet point in @HuskyNan's pinned Rules for WBB forum.

I already know you know that's the only mention of its kind on the putative 'right board.'

Ha! I was unaware of that bullet point rule. I do think this question, posed to a board with many young men, is almost designed to elicit that response. "Who do you want to have dinner with" can be read as "who would you want to go on a date with"?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Ha! I was unaware of that bullet point rule. I do think this question, posed to a board with many young men, is almost designed to elicit that response. "Who do you want to have dinner with" can be read as "who would you want to go on a date with"?
Yeah, as fathers of daughters, "date."

I totally had a crush on that team this year, to the point that I watched every game, and had never done that before. Nor had I ever spent more than very minimal time in that forum, let alone posted, but started checking in once the post-season began.

#5 is a very good rule, as, really, are the others, and the overall moderation is skilled, and caring.

It's two different sports, and I find both quite worthy of deep appreciation & gratitude over a long span of time.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Yeah, as fathers of daughters, "date."

I totally had a crush on that team this year, to the point that I watched every game, and had never done that before. Nor had I ever spent more than very minimal time in that forum, let alone posted, but started checking in once the post-season began.

#5 is a very good rule, as, really, are the others, and the overall moderation is skilled, and caring.

It's two different sports, and I find both quite worthy of deep appreciation & gratitude over a long span of time.

I considered Sue Bird, because I think she'd be interesting. She's done so much, won NC, won WNBA title, Olympic Gold. Just an epic career really. Chose Pikiell because he was at UConn when I was, and as an active coach at Rutgers I'd love to pick his brain on the path he took and the current college game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom