Haven’t been out in Storrs in a while | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Haven’t been out in Storrs in a while

Reaction Score
Shady Glen
I went to Shady Glen once and came away thinking " This is what the fuss is all about?"
Same thing with Ernie's in New Haven. Legions of followers despite pizza that isn't even close to as good as some other New Haven area places.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If you're going to that area, Georgina's is a much better choice.
Shady Glen is a one of a kind old-time place that makes their own ice cream. Georgina's is fine. But it's still a red-sauce chicken parm joint that you can find in every town in Amreica.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I hope anyone recommending Willington Pizza isn’t acting a snob in the pizza thread because man I was extremely disappointed when I went following a Gampel game this year after having not gone since I was a student.

But anyway, Bidwell is good and kids would probably like Student Union food. They would probably like Red Rock. I liked what I got at Hops 44 the one time I went. I love Kathmandu but I’m not sure I would take kids there. I’ve gotten Haven Hot Chicken in Orange and it was solid, but haven’t had any from the new Storrs location.

Anyone been to Jefferson Fry Co?

I need to get to willimantic more
You are the first person in history to say this

Reaction Score
Shady Glen is a one of a kind old-time place that makes their own ice cream. Georgina's is fine. But it's still a red-sauce chicken parm joint that you can find in every town in Amreica.
I was going to add that their ice cream is good.

Reaction Score
Loved Willi Brew when I was at UConn back in the day... My fave was the Depot but that burned down like 20 years ago.

Reaction Score
FYI: but I guess you'd be safe Saturday

1f354.png
Shady Glen will be closing temporarily for some minor kitchen renovations from February 25th until they reopen on March 1st!

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
You are the first person in history to say this
you're taking heat for this rocktheworld but I get to willi now and then, and these places are all seriously good:
-a mano taco, casual but creative taco place started by a guy who came from LA taco scene
-willibrew, one of CT's best brewpubs with giant tap list
-trigo - newish pizza joint with cool space, nice bar, and seriously excellent thin crust pizza
-stone row kitchen - formerly cafemantic, good date night restaurant with excellent food and great outdoor space out back during nice weather

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
In the 70s Rapp's was like my kitchen, with cheap pictures of beer.
Looking back, Rapp's was gross. The bathroom was always underwater. I walked on tiptoes going in there. Soon it became muscle memory and I still walked that way on the rare occasions when it was dry. A small price to pay fo 99 cent pitchers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom