Have we discussed captains... | The Boneyard

Have we discussed captains...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That sounds about right. Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, but given that Morgan was named captain of the U19 team, it's not illogical to think she'd be named captain her junior year.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
In the recent past, has the team voted more than 2 captains on the same squad? I don't recall either way.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IMHO Stef and KML will be captains.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think it may be both seniors plus KML. In a sense, this is Kaleena's team.

I also think we will be seeing Captain Morgan before long. She was born to be a captain. She's a rock.

Reaction Score
if there are seniors who can lead, then they should be your captains. bria and stef both have work hard , and have shown that they can lead. and they are 2 of the best players in the country. it should be their team to lead.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Captain America, Cap'n Crunch, Captain Morgan, Captain Spaulding, Captain Queeg, Captain Ahab, Captain Kirk, Captain Nemo, Captains Courageous, Captain Picard, ...which ones ya wanna talk about?:p

HGN

Reaction Score
Morgan was a good choice for Captain for the U19 team....................But Stephanie or Bria are the logical choices for UConn 2013-2014.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score

I also think we will be seeing Captain Morgan before long. She was born to be a captain. She's a rock.
I second that MilfordHusky---- she will have a monster year and she seams to have the calm, cool, and smart court awareness that the truly great ones have! She is a born leader. And if you met her parents like we did one night in Hartford, You would also see the reason why. She is something else in every way.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
If they were going to have one captain- I probably would have to go with Steph. She transformed herself since her freshman year and is a warrior and great. KML would be my very close 2nd. It seams to me to be either one or three and make B Hartley the third because she has been at the top and the bottom, and climbed back to the top by the end of last year. And she would sell her soul for this team also. Like most of the players.

Reaction Score
I second that MilfordHusky---- she will have a monster year and she seams to have the calm, cool, and smart court awareness that the truly great ones have! She is a born leader. And if you met her parents like we did one night in Hartford, You would also see the reason why. She is something else in every way.
KML or Morgan?

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
KML or Morgan?
I was talking aboutr Morgan and her parents. Having said that I was fortunate to have a long chat with KML at the Big East Tmt- I used to sit in the 4th row under the hoop right next to all the teams that were watching the other games. She took a few great pics with me. She could not have been more engaged and humble and nice. She was really nice. And KML is absolute captain material. I think Tri Captains - if it ever happens historically - would be fine. I think Bria Hartley has the heart and desire of any of them as well. She certainly lost confidence in her shot, but she played really well down the stretch, and was dynamite in the world games recently. she will be fine and a really good WNBA player IMO. She is also an absolute sweet heart to talk with.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

Did you catch the interview where some referred to her as Captain Tuck, and she tried to correct him, to see if he would say Captain Morgan, but he didn't get it.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure Tiffany, Caroline, and Kelly were all captains in 2011-2012.
U know- now that I think of it- I think I remember seeing them at mid court together sometimes. I think u r right.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
I wouldn't distract KML with the captain's job.
Interesting post- never thought of it like that. My initial thought is - I don 't think there is anything she can't handle mentally. I think she was born to play basketball and be a leader. I could be wrong.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Did you catch the interview where some referred to her as Captain Tuck, and she tried to correct him, to see if he would say Captain Morgan, but he didn't get it.
No- but it must have been funny. They will have some fun with that one!

Reaction Score
I was talking aboutr Morgan and her parents. Having said that I was fortunate to have a long chat with KML at the Big East Tmt- I used to sit in the 4th row under the hoop right next to all the teams that were watching the other games. She took a few great pics with me. She could not have been more engaged and humble and nice. She was really nice. And KML is absolute captain material. I think Tri Captains - if it ever happens historically - would be fine. I think Bria Hartley has the heart and desire of any of them as well. She certainly lost confidence in her shot, but she played really well down the stretch, and was dynamite in the world games recently. she will be fine and a really good WNBA player IMO. She is also an absolute sweet heart to talk with.
I saw KML's dad and brother at the Stanford game last year. We were en route to our seats and my dad stopped to talk to her brother. He's a cute little kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom