Have us 'Yarders given up? | The Boneyard

Have us 'Yarders given up?

Reaction Score
It just seems eerily quiet here after yesterday's loss. This is bad if UCONN'S most diehard fans dont care anymore.

Changes be coming!!!

Reaction Score
The coach sitting on the bench does not appear to care. The team is not entertaining. There is nothing to excite the fan base. I'd rather read a book than spend two hours getting pissed watching bad offense and poor imitation of Boeheim's zone defense.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Last night was something of a tipping point.

It was 9:30 on a Wednesday night, I didn’t care about the opponent and we had scored three points in the first quarter of the game.

UCF decided that no matter what, Jalen Adams wouldn’t beat them. UConn didn’t make a single adjustment and I knew they’d lose.

I watched the rest of the game, but it was more white noise than anything else.

Reaction Score

It was 9:30 on a Wednesday night, I didn’t care about the opponent and we had scored three points in the first quarter of the game.

UCF decided that no matter what, Jalen Adams wouldn’t beat them. UConn didn’t make a single adjustment and I knew they’d lose.

For the life of me I can’t figure out why we don’t make adjustments. Pretty obvious Jalen is our best player. I feel bad for him for what he goes through. How about Running quick hitters for him or Larrier? How about a freakin in bounds play? I wonder they go over in their coaches meetings? I would love to be a fly on the wall for one.

Reaction Score
I get what you’re saying. I think it’s more depressing than maddening now.

I think Ollie is defeated. He’s not going to give up but nothing is working for him and it’s time to let him go.

I like some of our players. But our roster has no balance of players with skill. Let’s take ball handling and shooting for examples:
Adams: average ball handler, average shooter (very good player overall though)
Vital: below average ball handler, below average shooter
Larrier: horrible ball handler, decent shooter
Anderson: bad ball handler, bad shooter
Carlton and Whaley: I love these guys but neither have a jump shot or are able to put the ball on the floor
Polley: below average ball handler and shooter..maybe has potential in both areas but plays with no confidence.
Everyone else: unable to do either.

Ollie is trying. Some of the sets he ran last night were pretty good. He’s realizing he has to call timeouts to stop a run now but yesterday he called two timeouts when Adams seemed to have a semi- fast break. Nothing is working for him even when he’s trying to do the right thing and it’s time for a change after this season. I believe in a couple years we will be giving him credit for finding guys like Carlton and Whaley and the new recruits (if they stay committed). But it’s that time.

Reaction Score
For the life of me I can’t figure out why we don’t make adjustments. Pretty obvious Jalen is our best player. I feel bad for him for what he goes through. How about Running quick hitters for him or Larrier? How about a freakin in bounds play? I wonder they go over in their coaches meetings? I would love to be a fly on the wall for one.

The answer to your question rhymes with;

"Seven Trolley"

Reaction Score
Stop the fight. I really can't believe they still have to play a game every few days. Seems like someone should be able to petition the NCAA to allow us to forfeit the rest of the season based on inability to defend ourselves. At this point goal is to complete the season without a player getting so frustrated with the totality of the bleak situation that they lose control of their emotions.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Pretty much the same here. I am still more interested in UConn basketball than most people, but I am less interested in the games right now than I have ever been since I first became a fan almost 35 years ago. I just want this phase to pass as quickly as possible and get on to the next one.

Kind of like vomiting bile and dry heaving at the end of a stomach bug.

It's eerily similar to how I feel about the country right now.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
There's just nothing left to say. The team has surprised us over and over again with just how much they have dropped off. At some point, it's no longer a surprise and we've exhausted our thoughts on it. Until there's a change, there's not much to talk about.

Reaction Score
I still watch (and hope).

I can take losing but I'd like to see something positive to build on.

This team has no chance to win most games. Tough to win when you struggle to score 60 points game in and game out,

It's like watching a rec league team play.

The thing that scares me is that next year could be as bad or worse. Especially if some of the younger guys leave.

Reaction Score
I mentioned before the Arizona game that I had become apathetic. I'm beyond that now, and deliberately avoid knowing when we're playing. I don't check scores. I won't post negatively about players and I hope for the best for/from them. UConn is still my team and school. But I get no joy out of watching. The more surprising thing is that I don't get angry when I see that they've lost either. I'll be back next year with optimism that it will be the year that it turns around, but I'm 100% checked out as of now.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
"
Low expectations and somehow they manage to even break those low expectations."

That's the thing. When you expect them to get killed by good opponents, and lose to mediocre teams, there's just not much emotion to expand anymore. I'm watching the rest of the season .... to see how it plays out with everyone (players, KO, NCAA).

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I will still be a dedicated watcher, but at 11-11, I don't feel like we have anything to play for so I'm not as emotionally invested. I still talk to the TV, but not as much. At this point what I'm looking for is development with the guys I know will be here next year. Would like to see a less tentative/more confident Polley. Seems to front rim everything. Would like to see a more aggressive Whaley on offense. Almost never shoots. Lastly would like to see Adams distribute more. Good things happened last night when this team passed the ball. I am still hoping for a NIT bid. Anything that gives us a chance at more experience is a good thing.

Reaction Score
Well, I will put it this way. Rather than watch the 2nd half of the Temple game the other day I decided to watch the orginal Mad Max from the late 70s. THAT is not a very good movie (the 2nd is much improved, to be fair) with a tough Aussie accent and poor audio, making all the harder to fully understand (at times). BUT that felt like a better use of my time....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom