Have us 'Yarders given up? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Have us 'Yarders given up?

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I actually forgot about a game this year. The game against Tulane. I brought up my phone to see when we played that weekend and saw the final score.

I never miss a game and plan my schedule around the games. Guess that has started to slip. It's a bummer.

Reaction Score
I enjoy watching the kids play, particularly Carlton and Whaley.

Unfortunately, Jalen won't be appreciated for the talent that he really is because he has been placed in an impossible situation.

I still watch the games, but know that change is needed if we want to return to being a tournament caliber team.

Reaction Score
Its refreshing that we are all in the trust tree here and able to admit we are fed up with a lousy, non-entertaining half-hearted effort attributable to poor leadership. Its bizarre that sports contains some loyalty pledge that exists nowhere else. So ingrained that fans are duped into beating each other up about who is the better fan. Its marketing. If you are a fan of ER, you can stop watching without being a traitor, you can love Al Pacino or Deniro but stop going their over the hill paycheck movies, you don't have to buy every Stephen King book or U2 album. Sports is entertainment and the fealty to a team is simply branding bred into our culture.

Pro sports are more of a business, but UConn's current state is almost akin to 76ers fans staying suckers and buying tickets during the purposefully losing phase. UConn is different for those of us that grew up around it or went to school there. But nonetheless we can still be fans & UConn at heart without being suckers & gluttons for punishment. If it stops being fun its fine to take a break.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Its refreshing that we are all in the trust tree here and able to admit we are fed up with a lousy, non-entertaining half-hearted effort attributable to poor leadership. Its bizarre that sports contains some loyalty pledge that exists nowhere else. So ingrained that fans are duped into beating each other up about who is the better fan. Its marketing. If you are a fan of ER, you can stop watching without being a traitor, you can love Al Pacino or Deniro but stop going their over the hill paycheck movies, you don't have to buy every Stephen King book or U2 album. Sports is entertainment and the fealty to a team is simply branding bred into our culture.

Pro sports are more of a business, but UConn's current state is almost akin to 76ers fans staying suckers and buying tickets during the purposefully losing phase. UConn is different for those of us that grew up around it or went to school there. But nonetheless we can still be fans & UConn at heart without being suckers & gluttons for punishment. If it stops being fun its fine to take a break.
old-school-trust-tree-o.gif

Reaction Score
I'm getting turned off to college sports in general. We're seeing more and more what's behind the curtain, and I don't really want to support or invest in that type of sham.

I've never watched less college basketball & football than the past 2 years. It's been minimal. Not much to lure me back.

Reaction Score
I still have some hope. That's not to say I'm expecting them to turn it around at this point, but things can change quickly in this sport. A world is imaginable in which Whaley and Carlton develop into legit players, Adams comes back, and Gilbert finally catches a break. With every passing game that becomes less likely, but I've never contemplated dropping it altogether. Beyond that, I also think it's OK to resign yourself to the possibility that this program is never again going to be what it was. I mean, we all assumed that, right? If special things happened all the time they wouldn't be special. You see the world through your own language and your own environment. I can understand how unlearning one set of expectations and replacing them with another would be difficult, but eventually there will be a re-calibration.

Reaction Score
I use to know the schedule and wait with anticipation. Now it’s just going in here to see how the team is doing in general.

Reaction Score
Every time i think we've hit rock bottom we find a way to dig ourselves just a little deeper. The main reason i find myself coming back to the Board is to see if there are any updates or news on Ollie being fired.

Reaction Score
KO has the rest of the season to turn things around but i just don't seeing it happening with this group. We have no true PG and our front court is young and immature. We have some talent and we will be OK in the future if we can get a floor general and scoring.
Jalen is asked to do too much and he gets doubled a lot. We saw that against UCF and we'll see more of it the rest of the season.
Unlike last season KO is engaged during the games and he hasn't given up. The players are still playing hard and haven't given up either so I'll keep watching.
This group along with incoming freshmen will be better next season. We will have more components for a winning team. Unfortunately for KO they will have a different coach.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Just how i feel. I started watching yesterdays game but after about 10 minutes i found my self just going through the motions and realized how disinterested i was in the game and just shut it off and went and played the new UFC game on PS4. :(
To put it into context every body that knows me knows that from Nov to hopefully April if Uconn men are playing i am unavailable for two hours unless its an absolute emergency situation and even then it has to be code red level emergency. Nowadays im tuning out to play videogames:(

Yes, people that know me know enough to know that I will ignore any and all internal or external distractions during any televised Husky game. A government red alert advising of imminent nuclear Armageddon wouldn't phase me during a UCONN game broadcast. I would be vaporized while gripping the remote control firmly.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
My hope at this point is that players like Carlton and Whaley continue to improve to give us the best chance possible to make an upset run from March 8th to March 11th. Even as unlikely as it seems, this team can still make the tourney...
My hope too, and many others' as well no doubt.
But not even were I a betting man would I wager in its favor.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
My hope too, and many others' as well no doubt.
But not even were I a betting man would I wager in its favor.

I don't need to bet on it. I leave the betting for @whaler11. I just need to root for it. I very much believe that a season is not over until the conference tournament is over. That's the beauty of college basketball...

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
We're under investigation again. Its hard for me to "feel" anything if we're under investigation AGAIN. If we beat Cincy be 20
Points, Sid is cleared , Gilbert miraculously comes back and we win the AAC tourney to get in the big dance, we're still under investigation again. Investigation drags out and equals people leaving and not coming. It means any development that we may get happy about may soon be gone. We're under investigation AGAIN

Reaction Score
I've never understood why Emmit has a superjohn for UC.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm just hoping the young bigs get better, and start to score for us

I'm hoping for an NIT berth, let the kids get some post season experience

Without Gilbert and with Larrier not playing well, there's just no margin for error

I'm happy with the way Vital played today. He has fire and he used his left hand on drives exceptionally well today. He's going to be really good the next two seasons. He's improving a lot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom