Have my hotel and flight but will not be buying through the school | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Have my hotel and flight but will not be buying through the school

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just got an email from Uconn...hotels are all sold and now instead of giving other donors a chance to buy tickets (those that didn't need a hotel), they are giving the opportunity to those who bought today the opportunity to buy 6 more tickets.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If they didn't hold a block there is no way they would get a big enough block for everyone to stay together.

Well I can find articles from past years where many schools have had a lot of problems selling the rooms. Not only your VCUs, Kansas for example.

So the schools don't want so many, but the block keeps getting bigger.

What reason beyond the NCAA profiting on the transaction would exist for having so many?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Just got an email from Uconn...hotels are all sold and now instead of giving other donors a chance to buy tickets (those that didn't need a hotel), they are giving the opportunity to those who bought today the opportunity to buy 6 more tickets.

That is awesome. Well that was the play. Buy the package and resell the 6 and bingo - subsidized trip.

It's like the school wants to move into a 5,000 seat gym and a 20,000 seat football stadium - it's like they actively try to chase fans away.

Reaction Score
Not if the people that bought already have a clue.
Well, I've gone to four final fours, and all four times, they said that they would not be selling without the package, and all four times I waited and bought game tickets, only, and the first two were in smaller buildings.

So why would it be any different this time?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well, I've gone to four final fours, and all four times, they said that they would not be selling without the package, and all four times I waited and bought game tickets, only, and the first two were in smaller buildings.

So why would it be any different this time?

Did you not read 4 posts up where the people who bought packages can buy 6 more tickets each?

They can make 4k in a few hours on that transaction. Who wouldn't?

Reaction Score
Did you not read 4 posts up where the people who bought packages can buy 6 more tickets each?

They can make 4k in a few hours on that transaction. Who wouldn't?

When I buy my tickets tomorrow, are you going to be convinced, or are you still going to argue that it can't be done?

Reaction Score
I just tried to log on but the site is currently closed. Is this freakin Obamacare? Why would they shut the site down? I get shutting down the phone but the website

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
When I buy my tickets tomorrow, are you going to be convinced, or are you still going to argue that it can't be done?

I'm just going off the post that says he got an email that the hotel purchasers get the opportunity to buy 6 more.

I don't know if that has been done in the past and I don't know exactly how many tickets would be left after selling the hotel rooms.

I'm not arguing it's not going to be done - I'm just commenting on the ongoing short sightedness of the athletic department.

Reaction Score
Did that email say anything about another charter flight? The first one filled and we're on a waiting list for another while regular airfare is basically the same price UConn is charging for their charter.

Reaction Score
Well if they don't sell tickets to non-donors I'm not going. Ticket prices on the free market are a little too rich for my blood and my brother definitely wouldn't go. So here is hoping for good news. Good thing I bought my plane ticket on southwest as I have so much flexibility and over half the fare is refundable. I hope Alumni can at least buy them.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
3rdbass said:
Well if they don't sell tickets to non-donors I'm not going. Ticket prices on the free market are a too little for my blood and my brother definitely wouldn't go. So here is hoping for good news. Good thing I bought my plane ticket on southwest as I have so much flexibility and over half the fare is refundable.

My guess is there will be tickets for non donors. Whatever Uconn fans don't pick up will certainly be bought by UK fans, so buy a lot!

Reaction Score
For those that bought the package and tickets -

How are the tickets distributed? Electronically, or only at will call in Dallas?
Is there any requirement that the ticket purchaser is the only person that can pickup the tickets at the site?

Reaction Score
whaler11 said:
Did you not read 4 posts up where the people who bought packages can buy 6 more tickets each? They can make 4k in a few hours on that transaction. Who wouldn't?

Because you have to pick them up down there and risk not being able to dump them. You don't even know what zone they are till you pick them up so you won't have time to flip them for a profit since you need location to sell on stubhub. The price drops a ton and by game day you will have trouble getting face.

Reaction Score
My guess is there will be tickets for non donors. Whatever Uconn fans don't pick up will certainly be bought by UK fans, so buy a lot!

Exactly, I hope the AD is happy that these extra tickets will now result in UK fans siting in our section.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Because you have to pick them up down there and risk not being able to dump them. You don't even know what zone they are till you pick them up so you won't have time to flip them for a profit since you need location to sell on stubhub. The price drops a ton and by game day you will have trouble getting face.

So you post them as being in the worst zone and potentially deliver
something better.

You've got to take care of your most generous boosters, but 6? Maybe they have enough quantity that others will have access but I don't see how a policy like that does anything to grow the donor base.

Reaction Score
whaler11 said:
So you post them as being in the worst zone and potentially deliver something better. You've got to take care of your most generous boosters, but 6? Maybe they have enough quantity that others will have access but I don't see how a policy like that does anything to grow the donor base.

99pct of people that can afford the school package with air and hotel aren't the type of people that will spend half their week trying to make a grand flipping tickets.

As to you second point you are right.

Reaction Score
For all my bitching and moaning and grinding of teeth just got off the phone w Uconn and was able to buy 4 tix this morning without any hassle. HuskyTX, IM me - got two for you. If looking for any hanging options, I'm game

Reaction Score
For all my bitching and moaning and grinding of teeth just got off the phone w Uconn and was able to buy 4 tix this morning without any hassle. HuskyTX, IM me - got two for you. If looking for any hanging options, I'm game
Are you a donor? I'm only an Alumni.

Reaction Score
What number did you call? I've been trying to get through to the UConn ticket office for over half an hour and nothing but busy signals

Reaction Score
I am but might be worth a shot giving them a call.
Have to call the Uconn ticket office direct now and I keep getting a busy signal. This sucks. Hope I can get through and get some tickets.

Reaction Score

Was four the max that you could buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32