Have mojo hangings jumped the shark? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Have mojo hangings jumped the shark?

Have mojo hangings jumped the shark?

• Total voters

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Proposal:
  1. Nomination thread at start of BET (today), open ended but closed by a certain date (perhaps Monday after selection Sunday or Sunday night). Criteria TBD, but crimes against the mojo should be based on current modern views of mojo, not just Wings and Rocks. We must evolve.
  2. New Judge appointed. Judge can be permanent, or can be chosen in the same process as the nominees annually. Judge can be a person sought to bring positive mojo due to contributions during the season. I would vote @Hey Adrien! this year for his excellent scouting reports.
  3. Top 3 vote getters among nominees appear in a hanging thread for one day only (perhaps 2) to identify the condemned. Poll included but with votes that can change due to the debate.
  4. Sentence carried out and acknowledged by the accused the Wednesday before the tournament.
  5. Need a policy on those previously hung, such as myself. Are they forever ineligible? I think so, but it should be decided.
We have a draft procedure in the Help Wanted post.

Those seeking to indemnify themselves against a hanging have an exceptional opportunity to make their pitch for consideration for the position of Judge.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We have a draft procedure in the Help Wanted post.

Those seeking to indemnify themselves against a hanging have an exceptional opportunity to make their pitch for consideration for the position of Judge.
But this thread is getting more attention than that one.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
But this thread is getting more attention than that one.
I am devastated to hear that the left click button on your mouse is non-functional.

Or are you just whining?

Reaction Score
Are we though? Just because @Deepster is having a performance anxiety and feelings of inadequacy shouldn’t mean that the site needs to abandon a tradition that is one of the funniest times of year.

You want a hanging list? I got your hanging list right here:
View attachment 74181
You all sicken me. We should stretch the neck of everyone of you soulless bastards.

“Oh CL82 I’m too afraid, dried up and out of ideas to be the judge anymore”
Well, I say, shut the freak up Deepster and do your job. You never were the source of the mojo, only the conduit. Man up, climb back on the bench, and do your damn job. Let the mojo flow through you.

But CL 82, The Boneyard isn’t as good as it used to be…
And your whining is making it better?! Don’t just sit in the corner and cry about it. Stand up and make a difference. If you don’t think the site is social enough, be more social. If you don’t think this site is as funny as it used to be, be funnier. If you don’t think the crowd is enthusiastic enough, then go to the GD games and scream your freaking head off.

And you know where you start? Right here, right now, start the GD hanging thread. Really, if you can’t get behind this team, you shouldn’t be a UConn fan. RJ Cole gives his all on both ends of the court for practically the whole game, but you’re afraid to be judge any more? Andrew Jackson is one of the most athletic kids we’ve seen here in ages. How can you not be excited about that? Sanogo is the big man in that we’ve always wanted. Probably the best since Emeka. He’s like a man among boys. And Hawkins has finally turned the corner. He’s got confidence in his jumper end is finally playing with attitude. If that dunk didn’t get you up out of your chair, don’t go to the hospital, go to the morgue because you are dead. On top of all of that we’ve got Dan Hurley, who though, in all likelihood, is certifiably insane, he absolutely bleeds blue and loves this program and it’s tradition.

This is our moment. I’m not saying that we’re going to win at all, because, of course, we are doomed, but this team is poised to make some noise in the postseason. The only question is whether the Fanbase in particularly The Boneyard is worthy of them. They are doing their jobs. We need to do ours.
Deepster is showing classics signs of commitment issues. The issue being he is so committed. Which isn’t so much an issue but an edict any non casual fan should have branded into their souls.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I am devastated to hear that the left click button on your mouse is non-functional.

Or are you just whining?
I am attempting to drive attention to the topic. Nothing more.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I am attempting to drive attention to the topic. Nothing more.
One might suggest posting something in the more "on point" thread, in an effort to "drive attention to the topic".

But I am an old man, born during the Truman administration. What could I possibly know about this newfangled interweb stuff.

Reaction Score
Proposal:
  1. Nomination thread at start of BET (today), open ended but closed by a certain date (perhaps Monday after selection Sunday or Sunday night). Criteria TBD, but crimes against the mojo should be based on current modern views of mojo, not just Wings and Rocks. We must evolve.
  2. New Judge appointed. Judge can be permanent, or can be chosen in the same process as the nominees annually. Judge can be a person sought to bring positive mojo due to contributions during the season. I would vote @Hey Adrien! this year for his excellent scouting reports.
  3. Top 3 vote getters among nominees appear in a hanging thread for one day only (perhaps 2) to identify the condemned. Poll included but with votes that can change due to the debate.
  4. Sentence carried out and acknowledged by the accused the Wednesday before the tournament.
  5. Need a policy on those previously hung, such as myself. Are they forever ineligible? I think so, but it should be decided.
:sits back eating popcorn watching this disaster unfold:

Reaction Score
FYI I was never “appointed” to anything.

I took what I wanted to take because I said so. And you all listened because you saw the Mojo flow from my fingertips like lightning bolts.

Reaction Score
I had no idea you still frequented this site.

Isn't there a synchronized swimming site, or something,, that would be more in line with your current interests.
Hey. Unlike you, I know when to stop beating a dead horse into the dirt. No hard feelings on my end.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Tournament mojo antics are the main reason to put up with most of you the rest of the time.

Reaction Score
Proposal:
Not sure if I’m up to the task, but honored by your mention. Thanks, man.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

I took what I wanted to take because I said so. And you all listened because you saw the Mojo flow from my fingertips like lightning bolts.
Well, your hands are now softer than those of Louis Winthorpe III. And the only "lightning" emanating from them is when the light reflects just right off the clear gloss polish from your manicured nails.

You've shunned the hard work, keen judgement, and commitment of this role. It's time to step aside.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

And then this happened…
1646869360129.jpeg

And you were just an overweight old man sitting in a field in a bad sport coat.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

I for one would have preferred not knowing what 'flows' from your fingertips.

Reaction Score
Proposal:
4 year ban on #5. Mojo is also connecting to the team itself. It’s shared. So I figure after 4 years it’s a fresh start. 5 years if you want to add grads but they usually move on.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
sometimes the shark jumps you

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This is a fundamentally true statement.

You can sit on top of a case of Rolling Rock, a six pack, a bottle, or even a keg.

No "happy ending" anywhere in evidence. Ever.
College Accuse GIF

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Whatever I have to say can wait until after the rackets come out.

For now, we don't even even know if our NCAA Tourney mojo is coming from being a band of brothers or band of rivals, and at this premature juncture, that's troublesome.

The only things I know for certain are that we don't live any longer in a world where Rolling Rock is sacred, and Henry Winkler is better leveraged as Barry Zuckerkorn than The Fonz.

Let things simmer for the next few days. Go Huskies!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom