Have mojo hangings jumped the shark? | The Boneyard

Have mojo hangings jumped the shark?

Have mojo hangings jumped the shark?

• Total voters

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Once upon a time merely asking such a question was grounds for one...
Where is the mojo, 8893?

We have to push the envelope, we have to explore every avenue.

We are at a crossroads.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Where is the mojo, 8893?

We have to push the envelope, we have to explore every avenue.

We are at a crossroads.
Are we though? Just because @Deepster is having a performance anxiety and feelings of inadequacy shouldn’t mean that the site needs to abandon a tradition that is one of the funniest times of year.

You want a hanging list? I got your hanging list right here:
64ACA21F-7AED-4BBE-B4B6-FB6987BD69F4.jpeg

You all sicken me. We should stretch the neck of everyone of you soulless bastards.

“Oh CL82 I’m too afraid, dried up and out of ideas to be the judge anymore”
Well, I say, shut the freak up Deepster and do your job. You never were the source of the mojo, only the conduit. Man up, climb back on the bench, and do your damn job. Let the mojo flow through you.

But CL 82, The Boneyard isn’t as good as it used to be…
And your whining is making it better?! Don’t just sit in the corner and cry about it. Stand up and make a difference. If you don’t think the site is social enough, be more social. If you don’t think this site is as funny as it used to be, be funnier. If you don’t think the crowd is enthusiastic enough, then go to the GD games and scream your freaking head off.

And you know where you start? Right here, right now, start the GD hanging thread. Really, if you can’t get behind this team, you shouldn’t be a UConn fan. RJ Cole gives his all on both ends of the court for practically the whole game, but you’re afraid to be judge any more? Andrew Jackson is one of the most athletic kids we’ve seen here in ages. How can you not be excited about that? Sanogo is the big man in that we’ve always wanted. Probably the best since Emeka. He’s like a man among boys. And Hawkins has finally turned the corner. He’s got confidence in his jumper end is finally playing with attitude. If that dunk didn’t get you up out of your chair, don’t go to the hospital, go to the morgue because you are dead. On top of all of that we’ve got Dan Hurley, who though, in all likelihood, is certifiably insane, he absolutely bleeds blue and loves this program and it’s tradition.

This is our moment. I’m not saying that we’re going to win at all, because, of course, we are doomed, but this team is poised to make some noise in the postseason. The only question is whether the Fanbase in particularly The Boneyard is worthy of them. They are doing their jobs. We need to do ours.

Reaction Score
Are we though? Just because @Deepster is having a performance anxiety and feelings of inadequacy shouldn’t mean that the site needs to abandon a tradition that is one of the funniest times of year.

You want a hanging list? I got your hanging list right here:
View attachment 74181
You all sicken me. We should stretch the neck of everyone of you soulless bastards.

“Oh CL82 I’m too afraid, dried up and out of ideas to be the judge anymore”
Well, I say, shut the freak up Deepster and do your job. You never were the source of the mojo, only the conduit. Man up, climb back on the bench, and do your damn job. Let the mojo flow through you.

But CL 82, The Boneyard isn’t as good as it used to be…
And your whining is making it better?! Don’t just sit in the corner and cry about it. Stand up and make a difference. If you don’t think the site is social enough, be more social. If you don’t think this site is as funny as it used to be, be funnier. If you don’t think the crowd is enthusiastic enough, then go to the GD games and scream your freaking head off.

And you know where you start? Right here, right now, start the GD hanging thread. Really, if you can’t get behind this team, you shouldn’t be a UConn fan. RJ Cole gives his all on both ends of the court for practically the whole game, but you’re afraid to be judge any more? Andrew Jackson is one of the most athletic kids we’ve seen here in ages. How can you not be excited about that? Sanogo is the big man in that we’ve always wanted. Probably the best since Emeka. He’s like a man among boys. And Hawkins has finally turned the corner. He’s got confidence in his jumper end is finally playing with attitude. If that dunk didn’t get you up out of your chair, don’t go to the hospital, go to the morgue because you are dead. On top of all of that we’ve got Dan Hurley, who though, in all likelihood, is certifiably insane, he absolutely bleeds blue and loves this program and it’s tradition.

This is our moment. I’m not saying that we’re going to win at all, because, of course, we are doomed, but this team is poised to make some noise in the postseason. The only question is whether the Fanbase in particularly The Boneyard is worthy of them. They are doing their jobs. We need to do ours.
Counterpoint: At one point saying something was "the bomb.dot com" was funny and new and everyone loved it. Then it got to a point where my mother in law was saying it about the sweater she got at Kohl's and it lost it's firepower.

You all sound like my mother in law right now.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Counterpoint: At one point saying something was "the bomb.dot com" was funny and new and everyone loved it. Then it got to a point where my mother in law was saying it about the sweater she got at Kohl's and it lost it's firepower.

Sounds like whining!

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Sounds like whining!
And, while I was initially thinking that hanging you might be a worthwhile approach, I am starting to think that there aren't 2 ccs of MOJO in your worthless, dessicated, old carcass.

Reaction Score
I can't be the only one who needs a refresher course, or in my case, BYMH 101

CL82

Reaction Score

Really? She berates you about your performance anxiety and feelings of inadequacy?

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

CL82

Reaction Score
We hung Tom Brady.

Jumped.
Admittedly, that was a horrific idea on the level of Shu Shu orange flu. But we recovered from hanging Joyce, who has never been seen on the site since, we can recover from the Brady debacle.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
There's your answer folks.

We're not allowed to have fun anymore.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It will indeed be an honor if I am the last member of the Boneyard to be hanged; however ineffective that hanging was in 2016. As I posted in the other thread, my transgression was being a Kansas fan (even if subordinate to UConn) and we lost the second game to Kansas. Not sure what the mojo says about that. Maybe it helped us beat Colorado to get that game.

I'm good with giving it a go if we can find a suitable target. If not, it was a mostly good run.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Et tu Brute?

SMH… disappointing.
I voted "No."

But the writing was on the wall when the "No" votes were outweighed by the formidable combination of "Yes" votes and men with poor personal hygiene.

I've seen that movie before. I guess we're still living in it.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Before the BY decides to do away with tradition and ceremony, I suggest we all review this synopsis from @CL82 concerning the "qualifications" of last year's transgressors and the folly of a equating TB12's mojo power with that of Senhor or Charlie Sheen.

I am stunned, absolutely stunned that the judge let @Dream Jobbed 2.0 walk. It’s a miscarriage of justice. He promised that if Bouk, Akok or Jackson played a minute of time for us he would dump “a whole bottle of Frank’s red hot“ in his eyes. They did; he didn’t. How is it even possible that he isn’t swinging in a justice loving Boneyard?

That said, I feel like the judge is out of practice. Protocol says we named the hangers, give them a “fair“ trial, and then sentenced them. The Jurrdge just skipped directly to sentence. Sure, the trail is kind of a foregone conclusion, but watching the defendant squirm in the hopes that they may wiggle their way out of their sentence generates mojo. Why the rush? Justice delayed is justice enhanced, I say.

Finally, hanging trolls? Is that The level to which we’re stooping? The correct response to troll is “ thank you for your interest in Connecticut basketball.“ We don’t give them the attention that they’re seeking.

I am afraid that Deep is out of practice after a long layoff. This has the reek of “shoo shoo orange flu“ written all over it.

In fact, that entire thread is a disaster of disunity, insolence, and amateur-hour justice. Four hangings? Two of whom we'd never heard of, and one of whom was just a general ass with no particularly egregious offense besides being an ass? It reeked of cops booking nickle baggers while letting the real criminals go free.

The system should be reviewed and ideas for reform introduced and debated before discarding the whole thing.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Before the BY decides to do away with tradition and ceremony, I suggest we all review this synopsis from @CL82 concerning the "qualifications" of last year's transgressors and the folly of a equating TB12's mojo power with that of Senhor or Charlie Sheen.

In fact, that entire thread is a disaster of disunity, insolence, and amateur-hour justice. Four hangings? Two of whom we'd never heard of, and one of whom was just a general ass with no particularly egregious offense besides being an ass? It reeked of cops booking nickle baggers while letting the real criminals go free.

The system should be reviewed and ideas for reform introduced and debated before discarding the whole thing.

Proposal:
  1. Nomination thread at start of BET (today), open ended but closed by a certain date (perhaps Monday after selection Sunday or Sunday night). Criteria TBD, but crimes against the mojo should be based on current modern views of mojo, not just Wings and Rocks. We must evolve.
  2. New Judge appointed. Judge can be permanent, or can be chosen in the same process as the nominees annually. Judge can be a person sought to bring positive mojo due to contributions during the season. I would vote @Hey Adrien! this year for his excellent scouting reports.
  3. Top 3 vote getters among nominees appear in a hanging thread for one day only (perhaps 2) to identify the condemned. Poll included but with votes that can change due to the debate.
  4. Sentence carried out and acknowledged by the accused the Wednesday before the tournament.
  5. Need a policy on those previously hung, such as myself. Are they forever ineligible? I think so, but it should be decided.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom