Haunting of Hill House | The Boneyard

Haunting of Hill House

Reaction Score
This Netflix release has had some buzz, so I started watching. It is very well done. I know nothing of the novel, or previous film releases, so I'm going in blind. Definitely check it out.

Episode 6 would have made Hitchcock proud. It was done in a series long takes, the longest being 17 minutes. I couldn't believe how well done this episode was.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This Netflix release has had some buzz, so I started watching. It is very well done. I know nothing of the novel, or previous film releases, so I'm going in blind. Definitely check it out.

Episode 6 would have made Hitchcock proud. It was done in a series long takes, the longest being 17 minutes. I couldn't believe how well done this episode was.

Just watched episode 6.

Great stuff. Perfect mix of Hitchcock and Stephen King.

Couldn’t help but be reminded of both Rope and the Shining.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We got through episode 4. I am really impressed. The character development and pacing is exceptional. Whether in the past or present, there is a constant tension.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
On a scale of 1-10, how frightening is the show ?

Reaction Score
On a scale of 1-10, how frightening is the show ?

Through episode 6. Not sure about a numerical scale but it definitely keeps me up at night lol.

I guess it depends on what you consider scary?

Reaction Score
I couldn't get into this. Maybe I'll give it another shot

Reaction Score
Very good. I hate the horror genre but this sucked me in.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
My sister in law, a 45 year old actress wannabe who is still serving tables, recommended this show. This thread kicked me into gear. Watched first two episodes last night and really like it.

We watch a lot of horror and we're kinda numb to being scared and all. I would rate this a 4 or 5? I thought the pounding walls in episode 2 was really cool and scary.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Okaaaay...

4 episodes in and the Nell episode puts the show at a whole different level. Using Jay-Bones scare meter:

Jump Scare: 5
Psychological Scare: 7
Tension: 7
Fear for your life: 5

Holy crap moments = Episode 3 Luke getting up at night
Episode 4 Nell's return to Hill House

Reaction Score
Just finished it, would say overall it paces very well with the scares vs. drama. Seems like movies skew way too much to the jump scares than they need too lately. Not the greatest of all time but definitely worth watching if you're a horror fan. They need to make more shows like this.

Reaction Score
Lost my appetite for Horror a while ago but watched based on multiple recommendations. I really enjoyed it.

It was suspenseful, creepy and really well-written. Jumped out of my seat a few times, jumped out of my skin a few times and had goosebumps more often than not.

The casting was fantastic. Timothy Hutton as an older version of Henry Thomas' character. Brilliant. I found it hard to believe that the three daughters older and all but Nell (younger) weren't actually Carla Gugino's children. And Carla Gugino...I'll always find time to watch Carla Gugino.

Reaction Score
I'll always find time to watch Carla Gugino.

THIS

Honestly did not find it scary at all, but watch a ton of horror, That said, it was a really great show.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What a fantastic series. I think my wife described it well "emotionally draining". While it is scary at times, it's always intense and takes a lot out of you. The acting is great, and the matches of the kids with the adults is unbelievably good.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Great show so far. I’m on episode 8 (I won’t spoil).

If you’re into Insidious and Conjuring series then this is for you. More creepy than scary, and definitely a great plot and filled with jumpscenes.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Great show so far. I’m on episode 8 (I won’t spoil).

If you’re into Insidious and Conjuring series then this is for you. More creepy than scary, and definitely a great plot and filled with jumpscenes.
That scare when Shirley and Theo were driving in the car...Jesus!!

Reaction Score

Are you raising your jump scare from 5 now? There are some real doozies in there. If so, our scores are completely in line.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Definitely. Like they were intentionally toning down the jump scare quotient just building up to that one. That one was 8 / 10 at worst.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Tense is probably the best way to describe this series. They used tension for horror the curb your enthusiasm uses it for comedy. I feel like they engineered it specifically doing things with sounds and visuals that induce panic. The scene where the camera just swiveled around during the argument at the funeral home. The scene where they very slowly zoomed in on the house keeper talking about the miscarriage, etc. I think the most “scared” I was, was during the storm with the husband unable to reach the wife. Something about that just triggered my panic instinct.

I was a little bit let down by the ending and Red Room explanations but that’s just me personally doesn’t mean it wasn’t good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom