Haunting of Hill House

This Netflix release has had some buzz, so I started watching. It is very well done. I know nothing of the novel, or previous film releases, so I'm going in blind. Definitely check it out.

Episode 6 would have made Hitchcock proud. It was done in a series long takes, the longest being 17 minutes. I couldn't believe how well done this episode was.

Last edited:
This Netflix release has had some buzz, so I started watching. It is very well done. I know nothing of the novel, or previous film releases, so I'm going in blind. Definitely check it out.

Episode 6 would have made Hitchcock proud. It was done in a series long takes, the longest being 17 minutes. I couldn't believe how well done this episode was.
Just watched episode 6.

Great stuff. Perfect mix of Hitchcock and Stephen King.

Couldn’t help but be reminded of both Rope and the Shining.

HuskyHawk

Hoping to see something that looks like basketball
We got through episode 4. I am really impressed. The character development and pacing is exceptional. Whether in the past or present, there is a constant tension.

Dove

I am currently in migrant caravan #2.
My sister in law, a 45 year old actress wannabe who is still serving tables, recommended this show. This thread kicked me into gear. Watched first two episodes last night and really like it.

We watch a lot of horror and we're kinda numb to being scared and all. I would rate this a 4 or 5? I thought the pounding walls in episode 2 was really cool and scary.

Dove

Okaaaay...

4 episodes in and the Nell episode puts the show at a whole different level. Using Jay-Bones scare meter:

Jump Scare: 5
Psychological Scare: 7
Tension: 7
Fear for your life: 5

Holy crap moments = Episode 3 Luke getting up at night
Episode 4 Nell's return to Hill House

Just finished it, would say overall it paces very well with the scares vs. drama. Seems like movies skew way too much to the jump scares than they need too lately. Not the greatest of all time but definitely worth watching if you're a horror fan. They need to make more shows like this.

Lost my appetite for Horror a while ago but watched based on multiple recommendations. I really enjoyed it.

It was suspenseful, creepy and really well-written. Jumped out of my seat a few times, jumped out of my skin a few times and had goosebumps more often than not.

The casting was fantastic. Timothy Hutton as an older version of Henry Thomas' character. Brilliant. I found it hard to believe that the three daughters older and all but Nell (younger) weren't actually Carla Gugino's children. And Carla Gugino...I'll always find time to watch Carla Gugino.

HuskyHawk

Hoping to see something that looks like basketball
What a fantastic series. I think my wife described it well "emotionally draining". While it is scary at times, it's always intense and takes a lot out of you. The acting is great, and the matches of the kids with the adults is unbelievably good.

CTBasketball

Arguably the Perfect Man...
Great show so far. I’m on episode 8 (I won’t spoil).

If you’re into Insidious and Conjuring series then this is for you. More creepy than scary, and definitely a great plot and filled with jumpscenes.

Dove

Great show so far. I’m on episode 8 (I won’t spoil).

If you’re into Insidious and Conjuring series then this is for you. More creepy than scary, and definitely a great plot and filled with jumpscenes.
That scare when Shirley and Theo were driving in the car...Jesus!!