Hassan Diarra | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hassan Diarra

Reaction Score
It was obvious that Diarra showed some things that would make us all drool. I second the mention of his toughness and tenacity on defense. Because he isn’t the starting PG, I like that he’ll be able to get 1-2 fouls going for strips and it won’t ruin our night.

I got a sense of Boatright-esque junkyard dog but obviously he’s bigger and not as much an offensive threat. But fully healthy, this guy can be one of the wild cards for us winning games. Get a couple of steals, make a few nice extra passes, grab a few loose balls and that’s a +8 on the score

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I thought he should have made the pass, but I don't think it was some incredibly selfish play based on where they both were. Diarra was maybe a step or 2 ahead
That's how I saw it. If this is what we're harping on, I'll take it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm sure I will get crucified for this but I think maybe we need to pump the breaks a bit and remember that this was Stonehill and he was playing against players that were totally outmatched athletically. I don't mean this to come off as bashing Diarra at all and I certainly hope he takes a big next step and forces the issue, but I hesitate to look at one game vs. Stonehill as more of an indicator than his two years at A&M.
Whilst this is true to keep in perspective, at the same time he was playing the same competition as everyone else last night. But one cupcake is too small a sample size. We shall see. BU and Buffalo will be tougher. Especially Buffalo with their size for him particularly.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
Alleyne and Diarra as a 1/2 is going to be a nightmare for opposing guards…
be interested to see who gets Walter Whyte from BU on Friday.
5th year senior wing (6'6") who had a big game vs NE (27 pts, 13 rebs ... 6-9 from 3)

Reaction Score
I LOVE Hass. The kid has moxy. And in person he’s even more impressive. He’s a lot more shifty than I expected. If he ever consistently can knock down open shots, he’ll be MUCH better than we anticipated. He give me Vital vibes. Meaning over achiever. I think Hass will be a fan favorite in short order

Reaction Score
Don't forget the team may like Diarra off the bench with Alleyne in the second unit.

Jackson will be starting and facilitating along side Newton.

Reaction Score
5th year senior wing (6'6") who had a big game vs NE (27 pts, 13 rebs ... 6-9 from 3)
Prob Alleyne....would love to see Karaban spend some time on him as well.

Reaction Score
I think Gus would be our best shot at stopping him, but don’t want to bet against WW

Walter White Wink GIF by Breaking Bad

Reaction Score
Watching the game last night, I can see why Calhoun is high on Diarra. He has defensive toughness, picks up the tempo and will unselfishly pass the ball to teammates.
I think he needs to focus on those things and if he does, he will get lots of playing time. With Danny, a player needs to understand why he has you on the floor and focus on that.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Probably Hawkins.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I really thought the play(s) of the game last night was his assist to Clingan on the fast break followed by his step back 3 on the next play. We had gone 10 minutes with only 14 points and that steadied our offense to let us finish the half strong.

He had flashes that reminded me of Boatrights aggressiveness on both ends of the floor (without the crazy athleticism Boat had).

I’m pumped with what we got in him. I think he’s going to make a bigger impact than most thought (including me).

Reaction Score
Defensively & rebounding tenacity, I caught a little bit of CV vibes from him

Reaction Score
What’s not to love? I love the Taliek reference as far as heart and energy. I thought he was the catalyst for the offense and the rest of the team fed off his energy. I much prefer Newton playing off the ball and taking the ball to the hole when they have the spacing. Diarra is much better suited to play point.
He did a lot of the things other than score that show effort. He played great defense, got steals, rebounds, was involved and made decent decisions. But the big thing was effort. It was impressive and I didn't think for a second he would have a better floor game than Newton or Aleyne going in. Maybe an outlier, maybe because of the competition but it is a good early sign.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom