Hassan Diarra | The Boneyard

Hassan Diarra

Reaction Score
What’s not to love? I love the Taliek reference as far as heart and energy. I thought he was the catalyst for the offense and the rest of the team fed off his energy. I much prefer Newton playing off the ball and taking the ball to the hole when they have the spacing. Diarra is much better suited to play point.

Reaction Score
Longer than I expected, junkyard dog mindset…it’s not out of the realm of possibility that he secures a starting job by the end of the season.

I agree he could be a starter, but they also might like him as a sixth man. The better question is will he be on the floor late in the 4th quarter, we know he has a knack of hitting clutch game winning shots.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Diarra made the extra pass on the break to Clingan for a dunk.

Newton did not make the pass ahead to Diarra.

It’s one play each, but I can’t stop thinking them.

You have to love feeding your teammates as a point guard. Why didn’t he make that pass?

Reaction Score
I'm sure I will get crucified for this but I think maybe we need to pump the breaks a bit and remember that this was Stonehill and he was playing against players that were totally outmatched athletically. I don't mean this to come off as bashing Diarra at all and I certainly hope he takes a big next step and forces the issue, but I hesitate to look at one game vs. Stonehill as more of an indicator than his two years at A&M.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What’s not to love? I love the Taliek reference as far as heart and energy. I thought he was the catalyst for the offense and the rest of the team fed off his energy. I much prefer Newton playing off the ball and taking the ball to the hole when they have the spacing. Diarra is much better suited to play point.
Yeah, not seeing the Taliek comparison really, but I do think Hassan was the stand out of the transfers. He was the guy who most looked like “a Husky“ to me.

Reaction Score
I'm sure I will get crucified for this but I think maybe we need to pump the breaks a bit and remember that this was Stonehill and he was playing against players that were totally outmatched athletically. I don't mean this to come off as bashing Diarra at all and I certainly hope he takes a big next step and forces the issue, but I hesitate to look at one game vs. Stonehill as more of an indicator than his two years at A&M.
Maybe but players also improve and can be different players in a new system.

Reaction Score
i really liked hassan's game yesterday. if he can be a pest on-ball, play a pass-first role in the offense, and break down defenders with the dribble, i really don't see hurley keeping him on the bench.

Reaction Score

I doubt the kid is going to average 7 assists per game, or even get close to that. His %s are going to be more imporant than the raw stats IMO. Whether he's a starter or a bench piece, I want to see 35% from 3 with under 1.5 TOs per game like he had last year at A&M. if he can get something like 9/3/3 per game, that would be excellent.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I was pleasantly surprised with his all around game. But he’s going to have some games with 5+ turnovers if he plays the same way against better teams

Reaction Score

You have to love feeding your teammates as a point guard. Why didn’t he make that pass?
I'm think I'm going to hold off on asking deep rhetorical questions about each as a point guard after one game against Stonehill, but sure.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

I didn’t like that either. And I’m positive coach hated it.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I'm think I'm going to hold off on asking deep rhetorical questions about each as a point guard after one game against Stonehill, but sure.
I agree. Just one data point. Not to be ignored, not to be the end of the story.

Reaction Score
I agree he could be a starter, but they also might like him as a sixth man. The better question is will he be on the floor late in the 4th quarter, we know he has a knack of hitting clutch game winning shots.
4th quarter? Are they going to switch 10 minute quarters?

Reaction Score

I was thinking the same thing. I was yelling at the TV, diarra was wide open . He needs to make that pass

Reaction Score

To be fair, Newton made the nice pass back to Sanogo for the alley-oop in the second half...so I wouldn't read into it like that. They're both going to be very good players for us

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
To be fair, Newton made the nice pass back to Sanogo for the alley-oop in the second half...so I wouldn't read into it like that. They're both going to be very good players for us
That is fair!

Reaction Score

I thought he should have made the pass, but I don't think it was some incredibly selfish play based on where they both were. Diarra was maybe a step or 2 ahead

C40CD6F2-3370-447B-8B8A-DBEE4BB6CBD4.jpeg

Reaction Score
I thought he should have made the pass, but I don't think it was some incredibly selfish play based on where they both were. Diarra was maybe a step or 2 ahead

View attachment 80467

I see an easy an obvious pass. Diarra may only be a couple steps ahead, but he's in the middle of the court without the ball--that's probably more like 4 steps ahead. I wouldn't call it "incredibly selfish" either... he just missed a read in the open court. It happens. He'll learn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom