Hassan Diarra Practice Highlights | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hassan Diarra Practice Highlights

Reaction Score
Can’t be…all the analytics folks demand only 3s and basket 2s.
3pt Attempts is the most critical metric for success at the NBA level. Just look at the Celtics. No one came close to them this year.

However, I'm not sure if this holds at the College level. Good question for Danny.

Reaction Score
just for the sake of continuity and establishing leadership, Hass should start. but hurley runs a competition based culture and it may just involve Hass leadership actually producing enough value to win that competition.
Let's not forget that our offense is incredibly complex. I'd be surprised if Aidan or Solo were better at running and initiating the motions at this point.

Reaction Score
I see him playing under control and with pace-Not too dissimilar from Tristen's style last year. He has plenty of speed but the game seems to have slowed down for him. He's seeing things much better. Looking forward to his contributions this year.

Reaction Score
Plays under control, has added nice looking shots to his arsenal and is always on task when it comes to D. It's the first thing that is bringing him more minutes and his familiarity with who the coaching staff wants to do things is the thing that will probably have him starting.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Ugh, this misconception about analytics needs to die already. A wide open mid-range shot by a good shooter is still a good shot. A contested mid-range jumper or a shot from a mediocre shooter just inside the arc is not.
Precisely. Any wide open shot from somebody who can shoot is a good shot anywhere on the floor.

With defenses utilizing analytics and focusing on defending the rim and the 3pt line, the mid range is left open. As the game continues to evolve the mid range is going to come back in play because it will provide open looks.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
I know its the Yard, but why is Hass starting being questioned. I remember when freshman Boatright was going to start over Bazz pre-season :rolleyes:. Hass is an experience leader with a Championship pedigree matters in college ball, especially at point guard. Hass knows Hurley's offense and is ready to lead.

I know we have some damn good freshman, but as of November Hass will be the Man, its his throne to lose. I have confidence he will keep that throne, especially not losing it to an unproven talented freshman in practice. That's not the Husky Hass way.

Danny needs Hass more than anyone this year to repeat again, we're fine at point guard. By the way Nowell advancement alongside Hass will be like Hass' advancement alongside Newton. Just saying Hass will make Nowell better and ready to take us to a get more future Championships.
Karaban and Mahaney are assumed starters by many. Samson Johnson or Taris Reed Jr will start at center. McNeeley and Stewart may both be so good they need to start.

If one of McNeeley or Stewart sits Hass will definitely be starting.

I wonder if Mahaney could come off the bench and if Diarra, McNeeley, Stewart, Karaban has enough shooting and ball handling to be a starting lineup for UConn. Mahaney 6th man of the year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom