Has Daniel Hamilton signed his LOI? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Has Daniel Hamilton signed his LOI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
from what i gather for a high ranked player there is almost no real reason to sign a letter of intent. For most players it's a way to signal the end of their recruiting and guarantee a spot that first year and they'll generally be compelled to sign for the safety of not being recruited over. Daniel Hamilton doesn't have to worry about that and his family has had a really bad experience with a coach punishing their kid because he signed a LOI. It is unlikely he will sign one.
Agreed and I know a lot about the family's past experience. I met a coach while at the final four who knows dham. I agree with this but my point was that we may be beyond the point or agonizing over one player given our success .. That's all

Reaction Score
Agreed and I know a lot about the family's past experience. I met a coach while at the final four who knows dham. I agree with this but my point was that we may be beyond the point or agonizing over one player given our success .. That's all

I can tell you that he and his family said the only reason he didn't sign was his brother's situation, or that after his championship game, DHam said there was no way he was going to UCLA and he was 100% committed to UConn, or that his high school coach said he was 100% committed to UConn, but I won't bother, cus I guess some guy you met at the Final 4 is more informed than his family or his camp.

Reaction Score
Man, oh man, I can't stand how people get when it comes to recruiting. Daniel Hamilton owes you nothing.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Man, oh man, I can't stand how people get when it comes to recruiting. Daniel Hamilton owes you nothing.

And vice versa

I think the LOI is a formality and if the kid wants a spot on the roster, sign the paperwork or take the chance of losing the spot
He's a real nice player BUT he isn't the second coming of Christ
If I am KO, I saying you sign it so there will be no embarrassment on either side, if not, you may have to walk-on without a scholarship. Then KO starts looking - in case. When my daughter was being wooed by many D1 (high end) soccer teams their mantra was sign now or we don't hold promises.

Reaction Score

You're the only one that's even coming close to agonizing over it.

Reaction Score
He's a real nice player BUT he isn't the second coming of Christ
If I am KO, I saying you sign it so there will be no embarrassment on either side, if not, you may have to walk-on without a scholarship. Then KO starts looking - in case. When my daughter was being wooed by many D1 (high end) soccer teams their mantra was sign now or we don't hold promises.

This paranoia would cost us our top recruit. His brother got hammered by a NLI, so it sounds like there's no chance in hell he'd even consider it. And I'm with him on it. I don't like signing contracts that I don't absolutely have to sign, and again, he doesn't have to sign a NLI to play ball here. So why force him? If he backstabs us and goes somewhere else late, well, we wouldn't want a guy with a character like that anyways.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Some of you are just insufferable.

1) His brother got screwed by signing a LOI
2) He can play for almost anyone - He chose UConn and has 100% on board
3) If something weird happens like Ollie bolting for the Lakers, he doesn't want to be locked in with no option
4) 3 is very unlikely to happen - Ollie ain't going anywhere at this point - if he did UConn would become UMass South and Mr. Ollie does not want that to happen to his school or his program
4) I can't count to five either - but screw it - It's actually 2 revisted - he's 100% on board
6) Telling a top 20 recruit to look for other options because he hasn't signed a LOI is ridiculously stupid
7) There are a couple of options out there in the unlikely chance he doesn't come here - none as good but they are out there
8) I really hope that he and his family don't read this board - He may not want to play for fans this freakin stupid
9) Locking this thread now
10) see 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member