OT: - Has anyone ever tried mono vision contacts or surgery? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Has anyone ever tried mono vision contacts or surgery?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So far, I'm good, but eventually I'll have to do it.
As I say to everyone, I hope you get cataracts, because that means you will have lived long enough to get them.

Reaction Score

What is your source for offering this information?

I had Lasik in 1999 at age 49. Just had a complete vision exam last month, 1 result being 20-20 in both eyes. The ophthalmologist commented: "Everything with the Lasik looks great" (not the ophthalmologist who did the surgery)

18 years without glasses (I was told I would need reading glasses after the procedure, but didn't), after 25 years with them, well worth the $3,500 for me.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Coincidentally, I had my semi-annual eye doctor visit today and noticed while waiting in the examining room that they now make lenses for cataract surgery that are progressive; i.e., when your anatomical lens is replaced during cataract surgery, it can now be replaced with a permanent progressive lens, which would appear to eliminate the need for glasses or contacts for the rest of your life, or at least for several years if your prescription changes enough to warrant it.

There was a big poster on the wall advertising it, so if cataract surgery is on the horizon you should inquire about that option.
First I heard of it. Is my doc not up to date or do I have something that prohibits it? Hmmm

Reaction Score
I'm day two with mono vision contacts. It is way, way better than I thought but not quite good enough for work as it very tough reading fine print. Overall, I'm happy with them, but I think it will be a weekend thing with me.

You make a great point though, using glasses to get the eyes working in stereo for work, might be a good compromise.

Lol, at 20/40 uncorrected. I'd kill for that. Someone asked me if I could drive without my glasses. I said sure, I'd keep my car on the black blur and try to avoid the green blur!

Got in the habit of only wearing contact lens in dominant eye. Took a little while & at times inside it can get glarey but on the upside, I no longer take myglasses up a hundred times every day, and when I wore contacts I literally could not read anything closer than 3 ft away.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
First I heard of it. Is my doc not up to date or do I have something that prohibits it? Hmmm
I don't recall the brand name of the intraocular lens, but I believe it was called aspheric in terms of the type of lens.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom