Hartley return further delayed | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hartley return further delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How many are surprised?
Sady I am not at all surprised! Since we started getting information re Bria's injury and that
the initial injury in August,it was sounding more serious. When we heard there was a tear,Geno
saying she would have to be cleared for practice,she would have to practice for a week and be ok,the time
frames were not adding up. We have not heard she is close to practicing. On top of that,erroring on the side
of caution,I don't expect her to be playing in the near future.

If and that is a big if,she is continuing to recover this should continue into Dec! I hope she is fully recovered by the end of
Dec. John A referred to it as being a serious injury on Weds in his weekly chat.

All time frames at the moment seem to be hopeful guesses.
I hope she is fully recovered before practice is considered. When that will be.How long she will be in playing condition
remains a mystery to me right now.
Ira

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
No way that she redshirts. Geno wants a title this year and as long as she is healthy to play at least half the season, and obviously the most important half, she will play. Not sure how ready Jefferson will be to handle Sims and Baylor's press, and I don't think anyone else on the team would be a very good match-up with Sims.

Reaction Score
It's no surprise to me. I have been saying (for at least a month) that we won't see Bria until sometime in January.

I hope I am wrong -- ie, too pessimistic.

Stay tuned.

I predict she will be back well before that time.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
There has been nothing said by UConn (Geno, etc.) that would lead me to believe that she won't be playing for more than 2 more weeks.

Unless there is a setback, I would look for her to play some against Maryland on 12/3.

Reaction Score
No way that she redshirts. Geno wants a title this year and as long as she is healthy to play at least half the season, and obviously the most important half, she will play. Not sure how ready Jefferson will be to handle Sims and Baylor's press, and I don't think anyone else on the team would be a very good match-up with Sims.

I seriously doubt Geno ranks player health below team awards.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I seriously doubt Geno ranks player health below team awards.

In no way did I imply that. My point is that once she is ready Geno will play her, even if she has missed a substantial part of the season.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
From all I have read (relying mainly on statements reportedly made by Geno and Bria), it appears that: (1) she feels good and has been cleared to begin light practice; (2) she will definitely NOT play vs. Texas A&M: (3) she MAY play in the Paradise Jam; and (4) she will LIKELY play vs. Colgate on November 28.

How much she plays and whether she starts is up to Geno and I have total faith in his judgment.

Reaction Score
In no way did I imply that. My point is that once she is ready Geno will play her, even if she has missed a substantial part of the season.

I enjoy your posts and in no way wish to attack you. This appears to be a misunderstanding, most likely attributable to me. You don't know me so it may come as a shock that it isn't the first time that's happened. What I was responding to was your statement.

No way that she redshirts. Geno wants a title this year and as long as she is healthy to play at least half the season, and obviously the most important half, she will play.

Two statements (Hartley doesn't redshirt and Geno wants a title) preceded anything regrading Hartley's health. I placed importance to the order of the statements you doubtfully intended. Voila! Self inflicted confusion. Anyway, as I found out (again) last night, sometimes crap happens. (By "crap happens" I'm not imputing anything to either (Baylor/Stanford) team just that I was surprised by the outcome of the game).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom