Hartley return further delayed | The Boneyard

Hartley return further delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
How many are surprised?

It's no surprise to me. I have been saying (for at least a month) that we won't see Bria until sometime in January.

I hope I am wrong -- ie, too pessimistic.

Stay tuned.

Reaction Score
Is there any truth to the rumor that at 3 on 3 championships Skylar was seen meeting in a dark alley with Jeff Gillooly? :D

Actually, Digginns was meeting with Tonya Hardings.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Won't do any good, just too much in reserve.

HGN

Reaction Score
I AM NOT SURPRISED AT ALL...........BUT IF I AM GENO , I WOULDN'T RUSH HER BACK EITHER. I WOULD RATHER BE SAFE THAN SORRY. THIS IS A VERY PRECIOUS COMMODITY HE IS DEALING WITH.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Not surprised. I still say January before Bria returns.

Reaction Score
If a player isn't fully healthy by Jan 15th, serious consideration needs to be given to a red shirt. At that point she'd have missed over 1/2 of the regular season.

Reaction Score
If a player isn't fully healthy by Jan 15th, serious consideration needs to be given to a red shirt. At that point she'd have missed over 1/2 of the regular season.
Maybe its just me but I don't see Bria staying at UConn for a 5th year.

Reaction Score
I'm bummed about this. She was primed for a great season. But when she does come back, healthy of course, it's gonna be like Emeril kickin' it up a notch....BAM!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yup and a single game could cost her any opportunity to red shirt that year.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
From Rich's blog. What's going on with this thread?

All-American guard Bria Hartley, as anticipated, will not play at No. 16 Texas A&M Sunday. She will miss her second straight game due to a sprained left ankle.

Hartley is listed as questionable for UConn’s game against Wake Forest at the Paradise Jam in the U.S. Virgin Islands Nov. 22. However, Huskies coach Geno Auriemma said today that Hartley participated in drills on the side Tuesday and Wednesday
“She did some stuff the last two days and said it felt really good,’’ Auriemma said. “So it feels a lot better than it did Sunday. So that’s a good sign. I’m really, really optimistic. Not about this weekend, but she’ll be back soon.’’
Hartley took another step forward in her recovery today by taking part in shooting drills with the team in practice.
“I think at some point she’s going to have to play, whether it’s practice, whether it’s games, whether it’s anything,’’ Auriemma said. “So whenever she’s cleared to play there’s going to a however long many days where it’s not going to look good. So the sooner you get that out of the way the better I would think. She’s not going to be cleared until she feels good enough to play, and whenever that is … If it’s next Tuesday or Wednesday or Thursday or Friday or who knows. But whenever that time is she’s going to need maybe a week just to get … No matter how much you do in the training room you’re not in game shape.’’

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
“So whenever she’s cleared to play there’s going to a however long many days where it’s not going to look good.

I'm assuming that he meant it was her play that wasn't going to look good and not her ankle.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Strange. Seems to contradict what the other Horde members are reporting.

Reaction Score
Why rush Bria back for a game in which UCONN does not need her to win?! The only negative thing I see delaying her would be delaying any chemistry on the court, but I feel that that would not be the case anyway.

Reaction Score
Eh, I wouldn't make too big a deal about this yet. We knew she was going to need some time, I'm thinking she will be back sometime in December, maybe the first game after exams are over for the fall semester.

My guess is they are just trying to be safe here, no need to force this and the more rest she gets, the better.

My biggest fear though is that this becomes a long-lasting issue, not just this season but the rest of her career. I pray that doesn't happen.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I agree with CTGirl. I hope this heals 100%, even if it takes 1-2 months or longer. The important point is to not rush it. Let's hope it does not become chronic!

Reaction Score
I'm not surprised. But, if I'm in that type of position , I'm not thinking redshirt. I'm looking at this years team, saying I want to eventually be a part of this. Perfect blend of tremendous youth, and and veteran leadership. Inside -outside game. Unless of course this turns into a surgical necessity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom