Hartley and Stewart... | The Boneyard

Hartley and Stewart...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Both are playing much better now in the post season. Thank God. But with that being said, Bria is still making some lazy passes. Against ND... those would be picked off.

Reaction Score
The whole team is making them.

But I'll say it again, so long as you force Bria to play point for 30+ minutes a game, she's going to turn the ball over.

Reaction Score
The whole team is making them.

But I'll say it again, so long as you force Bria to play point for 30+ minutes a game, she's going to turn the ball over.

As long as she plays 1+ minutes she's going to turn the ball over.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Hey take it easy. Look, they put together a great first half, and then slacked off the second half. We are not used to seeing this in Husky land and it's frustrating. I hope that tomorrow we come at ND with two great first halves(!) and kick their butts back to South Bend.

Reaction Score
As long as you make 1+ posts, you say something insulting about the team.

Sorry, I tell it like it is and don't sugar coat things like I was talking about a 6 and under peewee team.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Hey take it easy. Look, they put together a great first half, and then slacked off the second half. We are not used to seeing this in Husky land and it's frustrating. I hope that tomorrow we come at ND with two great first halves(!) and kick their butts back to South Bend.

We're not?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
we should change "popular poster" to "pot stirrer"

Sheesh

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
We're not?

OK, uncle - I should say, we are not used to seeing this in Husky land lately.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Well, there is consolation in this discussion. Nobody stated (when analyzing the second half) that "Syracuse wanted it more."

Reaction Score
Some thoughts........Breanna is playing better,as is Bria......Kelly was a little sub par,but,I attribute that to her injury,and am sure she is playing on desire....Stefanie had the kind of game,that I am glad was against Syracuse,and not Notre dame....Morgan should be more active tonight...KML is saving her best for tonight.I think there may be some surprises for the Irish tonight.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I don't know if KML is saving her game actualy, or if teams, recognizing her importance in our offense, has become a target for the defense. She is harassed all game long. She did miss a couple, but she had difficulty getting free I thought

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well, there is consolation in this discussion. Nobody stated (when analyzing the second half) that "Syracuse wanted it more."
Can't, that's only applied to teams that win. :rolleyes:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I don't know if KML is saving her game actualy, or if teams, recognizing her importance in our offense, has become a target for the defense. She is harassed all game long. She did miss a couple, but she had difficulty getting free I thought
Yes, they were watching her closely. That will be what she needs to work on for next year (and the year after), finding ways to get open.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Is it my imagination...not being a statistics buff and not exactly sure where to find the info...that KML is a less effective offensive threat in the 2nd half.
If true goes along with my minutes concept posted in Nan's thread.
Hartley, Faris and KLM all played over 35 minutes yesterday.
Tuck played 3, Doty 4, and Mo 14
Injuries may play a role but isn't Kelly injured?
Seemed like ND was able to sub out its entire starting 5 in garbage time
On the other hand, their starters seemed sluggish in the first half.
I continue to have a difficult time understanding coach's master plan.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Is it my imagination...not being a statistics buff and not exactly sure where to find the info...that KML is a less effective offensive threat in the 2nd half.

Are you talking about all games? Or competative games?

Last ND it was true. First ND game, she scored more in the 2nd half.
Baylor game she scored 13 points in each half.

In the rest of the games, many times she is playing with non-starters or sitting. It will impact her stats.

So, I would say no, she is not less effective offensive threat in the 2nd half.

If true goes along with my minutes concept posted in Nan's thread.
Hartley, Faris and KLM all played over 35 minutes yesterday.
Tuck played 3, Doty 4, and Mo 14
Injuries may play a role but isn't Kelly injured?

Geno is going to play who he thinks will help UConn win the game. SU was pressuring hard and he wanted who he trusted the most out there. Nothing more, nothing less.

Seemed like ND was able to sub out its entire starting 5 in garbage time
On the other hand, their starters seemed sluggish in the first half.

McGraw was able to rest her starters as they built a huge lead. No comparison in the two games and strategy by the coaches.

I continue to have a difficult time understanding coach's master plan.

And the beat goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22