Hartford Restaurants & Stores? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hartford Restaurants & Stores?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
FYI for all you Bear's BBQ fans, they just opened a New Haven location called The Stack. Went there with the family yesterday and it was awesome. The space is pretty impressive and will be even better in good weather because there is a large outdoor seating area as well. They have teamed with Black Hog (unfortunately imo, because I don't love any of their beers) and also have a half dozen guest beers and a cider (perfect for me).
Did you see they opened a location in South Windsor? Kind of a “middle of nowhere” location with none of the buzz and constant crowd/lines that was characteristic of the original Hartford location. Not sure how long it will stay.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Did you see they opened a location in South Windsor? Kind of a “middle of nowhere” location with none of the buzz and constant crowd/lines that was characteristic of the original Hartford location. Not sure how long it will stay.
I think that’s where they are making a lot of the product that they sell at off-site catering events like UConn games and the like. I note that they have official UConn branding now so they are probably getting a ton of business throughout the university.

One thing is clear: Bear has seized upon an opportunity. It mystified many of us that we were such a BBQ wasteland for the most part for so long.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's been open for a couple of years now. Strictly a take-out joint.

Reaction Score
I think that’s where they are making a lot of the product that they sell at off-site catering events like UConn games and the like. I note that they have official UConn branding now so they are probably getting a ton of business throughout the university.

One thing is clear: Bear has seized upon an opportunity. It mystified many of us that we were such a BBQ wasteland for the most part for so long.
He just opened up a huge place in New Haven. He's got to be the biggest restaurateur in the state.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
If you wanted your wife & daughter to stay in Hartford while you watch the game Sunday, they can catch a movie at Front Street theater. Another option could be the Spa @ Marriott downtown if they are into that thing.

Reaction Score
Another option could be the Spa @ Marriott downtown if they are into that thing.
They? Yeah I'm sure newborns are into spa treatments. :)

Sorry I just had to laugh at the thought of a newborn getting a massage, a pedi and her hair washed and cut.

Reaction Score
Shop in Blue Back/West Hartford center but definitely eat downtown Hartford. Check out Bear's like everyone says but that whole area around it (Front Street) is super nice.

Reaction Score
Better question why is your not going to go root for the huskies

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
I'm sure there is a spa for newborns somewhere out there. Sorry...I only read the wife and daughter sentence. Though I think it's you that should be doing the shopping for Mom for giving you a pass to go the uconn game.

Reaction Score
You went to a BBQ place and fed the kids smoked turkey breast? When @August_West revives after fainting there will be a scolding coming your way.
That's what they wanted. And there was no ketchup on anything they ate, so there's that. Who am I to say no to what a 3 year old wants? As long as they're not mine!

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
That's what they wanted. And there was no ketchup on anything they ate, so there's that. Who am I to say no to what a 3 year old wants? As long as they're not mine!
I was just goofing around @HooperScooper and come to find out ADub is good with smoked turkey so I guess the ketchup is on me.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I was just goofing around @HooperScooper and come to find out ADub is good with smoked turkey so I guess the ketchup is on me.

I dont eat it. But I make it. Just did a 24 lb one for family on Turkey day. they love it.

Also I give kids a pass on food choices until puberty. Ketchup is acceptable for those under 12 years old.

"Adults" who use ketchup?

Brain Damaged.

Reaction Score
I make Bear's a stop when I'm flying into Bradley, their smoked turkey is really good.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I make Bear's a stop when I'm flying into Bradley, their smoked turkey is really good.
You have to like smoked turkey. I went to a wedding catered by Bear's. Everything was picked clean, except for the smoked turkey. Couldn't give it away.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
You have to like smoked turkey. I went to a wedding catered by Bear's. Everything was picked clean, except for the smoked turkey. Couldn't give it away.

^^^^^^^
I dont know why, but I believe this guy.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I dont eat it. But I make it. Just did a 24 lb one for family on Turkey day. they love it.

Also I give kids a pass on food choices until puberty. Ketchup is acceptable for those under 12 years old.

"Adults" who use ketchup?

Brain Damaged.
Do you even gochujang, brah?

Reaction Score
This was The Cook & The Bear, different from Bears

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom