Hartford Pro Am | The Boneyard

Hartford Pro Am

Reaction Score
I'm hoping to check out the Hartford Pro Am which I believe starts up this week. Does anyone have any insight on whether any past or present huskies are planning to play? Or just any impressive local basketball players to look our for?

Reaction Score
I expect Tremont Waters (LSU/arguably the best returning PG in the country) & Mustapha Heron (St. Johns) to make appearances at some point. Waters played last year in several games. According to the Courant Calhoun is expected to field a team with his players or several are expected to participate on one of the teams.

Then a cast of some of the same characters including...Wilson-Frame (Pitt) and Cane Broome (Cincinnati). As for UConn there was no participation last year other than Dave O. This year it would be fun to see both Tremont and Jalen either play with each other or more preferably against each other a little this summer. Jalen showed up the year before a few times. Not sure what the Hurley policy is on Summer Leauge because when Iverson was a Senior he showed up to the games but did not play.

Hopefully UConn shows up. Always fun.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Was Cane Broome a grad transfer or does he have eligibility left? I know Ollie wasn’t expecting Gilbert to be lost for the season but it was probably fireable on its own that the kid was dying to come here and Ollie was too busy going after Antoine Anderson.

Reaction Score
Was Cane Broome a grad transfer or does he have eligibility left? I know Ollie wasn’t expecting Gilbert to be lost for the season but it was probably fireable on its own that the kid was dying to come here and Ollie was too busy going after Antoine Anderson.

Let's not make Cane Broome anything more than what he is please. We didn't lose a lot here did you watch him? Love to blame Ollie as usual LOL but we have room for better players because he didn't bring him in. Nothing special.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I expect Tremont Waters (LSU/arguably the best returning PG in the country) & Mustapha Heron (St. Johns) to make appearances at some point. Waters played last year in several games. According to the Courant Calhoun is expected to field a team with his players or several are expected to participate on one of the teams.

Then a cast of some of the same characters including...Wilson-Frame (Pitt) and Cane Broome (Cincinnati). As for UConn there was no participation last year other than Dave O. This year it would be fun to see both Tremont and Jalen either play with each other or more preferably against each other a little this summer. Jalen showed up the year before a few times. Not sure what the Hurley policy is on Summer Leauge because when Iverson was a Senior he showed up to the games but did not play.

Don't be surprised if Stanley Robinson plays on Calhoun team in the pro am

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Let's not make Cane Broome anything more than what he is please. We didn't lose a lot here did you watch him? Love to blame Ollie as usual LOL but we have room for better players because he didn't take bring him in. Nothing special.
NEC player of the year shooting 40% from 3 as opposed to some guy from Fordham

Reaction Score
NEC player of the year shooting 40% from 3 as opposed to some guy from Fordham

He turned it over like mad in big games I watched last year. Again, nice player but nothing we had to have. better than AA, no doubt but this wasn't the reason we sucked.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Am planning to attend Pro Am and would like to see some UCONN participation. Not sure why we didn't see any last year. Was it the coaches discouraged it?
Hurley says he believes that summer is the best time to improve your game. Let's see some participation-nothing to lose-great atmosphere for young players. Get a link to the community something we didn't have with KO.

Reaction Score
Jalen posted on Instagram that he was looking for pro am suggestions to play in....hopefully he'll find one somewhat nearby....I would love to go watch him

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Sticks plays for Calhoun's team (well his STJ players) Stanley is NOT the Stanley of old which is normal... Calhoun, Taliek and Miller were all in the building Monday night.

Calhoun has a good on in Delshawn Jackson Jr.... a young Kemba Walker at the D3 level, I think he could easily be a D2 player

Reaction Score
Nice D;)

The game was intereting to disect though mauster. Wilson-Frame is going to have a very good year this year for Pitt. Capel made him captain and mentally he is focused for his new challenge. Great shape with a nice edge. The trash talking started late first half. Wilson-Frame came over to us claiming "He won't guard me" meaning Waters. The few times Frame guarded Tre he did a nice job. Locked him up a few times but Tre also beat him off the dribble for one of his patented acrobatic bank shots. When Frame & Tre were head to head the intensity was palpable (thanks Rothstein). I think that is where the Pro-Am has value. The few isolated plays where good players are in each others jock makes for rivoting entertainmant. Frame wanted a piece of Tre. No love loss BTW the two.

Tre in general is the quintessenial facilitator. His handle is beyond tight and elecric. The great thing about Tre is he just loves the "action". He is a CT kid that enjoys showing out in his home state in the off season and connecting with the community.

Tre has the challenge no matter what stage he is on of amping up his defensive game. He still is small and gambles excessively on defense just like he did at LSU. Mitigating his defensive liabilities will be the biggest challenge to him getting his shot in the NBA. 10% of a Pro-AM game the defensive focus is there. So you can take away some info.

I think Waters will put up gaudy asst #s this year at LSU. Top 3 in the country type #'s. On the defensive end though lets see what happens.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom