OT: - Hartford...North End Promise | The Boneyard

OT: Hartford...North End Promise

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score

Four parcels are now targeted for mixed use around Dunkin Donuts park. The attached article in the tweet is linked below, too. Its full of positivity, tho. You were warned.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
As I posted previously, I've seen smart development revitalize a struggling city. If done well, it takes less time than you'd think. I hope it is a good developer this go round,
Its the firm that finished the Park.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The plans looked promising before they were halted by that spiteful lawsuit.

Reaction Score
We need to hear from Deepster...?

So, probably 3 years ago, I admitted that I really liked the Yard Goats stadium and experience. I said then that I think it's a shame that the new stadium is surrounded by rubble and parking lots and nothing fun to do within walking distance. They're not maximizing what a family "would" spend on a Friday game night in their city.

Hopefully this group does it right and does it quick enough. The clock ticks on how "new" the team is and the fun factor wears off after a while. Hartford needs it and I'd rather see this done right over wheelbarrows of money thrown at revamping the XL Center.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
What would everyone like to see built around the park? There was talk of a craft beer hall.

Reaction Score
What would everyone like to see built around the park? There was talk of a craft beer hall.

Pretty sure that was Hooker Brewery at the time and they ended up with there Tasting Room at the Colt Building.

Hartford has 4 breweries and a 5th just over the border in West Hartford.

Don't know if a brewery is still in the developments plans or not.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Perhaps the area has become more attractive since the Goats have been such a draw. IIRC, the original plans had a Hard Rock Cafe attached. But that was probably more of the original developer's BS.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That would work if it doesn't suck. Elicit doesn't suck and it's been crowded since day one.

Reaction Score
Yup I know & have met with Randy Salvatore in Stamford. Met Landino a long time ago. Salvatore was the guy who put great looking private dorms together for UCONN Stamford. And Hotel Zero in 3 markets. Apartments and many other projects. Landino? Fact is ... every single one of these regional developers face daunting challenges day One & none of them are all that well capitalized. They’re not NYC/Boston guys with institutional backing. The a priori view? It’s never 100%.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Mixed use with retail/restaurants on the ground level and residential on the upper levels. I'm not sure if there is a market though, given the development of the apartments at the Colt armory.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
until they get new leadership in Hartford, one where blaming others and always depending on the federal government to bail them out of their bad decisions is a thing of the past, nothing is going to work there.
It's the capital city and by far the worst of CT's largest cities. Nothing is happening except building apartments in old buildings The XL Center is an absolute embarrassment.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
That would work if it doesn't suck. Elicit doesn't suck and it's been crowded since day one.
Elicit is a bit different than your typical “local brewery.” It’s closer to Dave and Busters than anything eise

Reaction Score
It's probably not relevant but I have always liked this photo of the city. Click on it and it will expand to a much larger size.

acxbwh7ls82y.jpg

Reaction Score
until they get new leadership in Hartford, one where blaming others and always depending on the federal government to bail them out of their bad decisions is a thing of the past, nothing is going to work there.
It's the capital city and by far the worst of CT's largest cities. Nothing is happening except building apartments in old buildings The XL Center is an absolute embarrassment.

Hartford’s in a better position then Bridgeport.

Decades of bad policy, bad investments and a lack of an urban strategy have killed this state.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
That's an awesome photo. I've always wanted to live in that condo building in E.Hartford right on the river, with a balcony facing downtown.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Fake news

Reaction Score
The XL Center needs to be revamped, they're not knocking it down so they(we) need to bite the bullet. It would add so much momentum to what UConn is doing with the resurgence of Men's Basketball and the Hockey team starting to make some noise.. it would foster a synergy for the 3 UConn teams that play there and the rest of the AD with all the new olympic sports facilities coming online.

Reaction Score
Hartford has an underappreciated Skyline. lb for lb it's one of the better ones in the country

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
It’s my dream. I’m never leaving CT or the Hartford area - I prefer it. And it seems like a cool spot to live. But now I have a wife who prefers a home or a walk-up condo.
Are you insinuating that living there is beneath you? Are you a snob?
its a good one. once upon a time, 'beacon hill'ers' thought living on the Cambridge bank of the Charles was beneath them. I hear that its now okay to live on the Cambridge bank, or the east bay in cali, or, er, umm, ...pert near every other 'bad riverside' in the 3000 miles between them. I, fer one, ain't never leaving connecticut.
'Connecticut' - still undetermined if in algonquin it means ' land of the great river,' or 'the land between the great rivers,' or even (my fav) 'land of rivers.' just don't call it riverside.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom