Harper vs Lawson. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Harper vs Lawson.

Reaction Score
In my opinion she is the right coach, perhaps in yours she is not.....It's all conjecture and nothing more.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I agree that Kellie can be the coach that brings them back. Unfortunately for her, everyone doesn't agree. The LVs do only have 1 recruit signed on for 2022 and it is making everyone nervous. They are trying to figure out what the problem is. They have 2 new assistants, one of whom is suppose to be a great recruiter. They are getting the kids to visit, but many are wondering if something is not right with the school visits. There is so much speculation on what is happening, or I should say, not happening on the recruitment front. They are very passionate, but they are very impatient. This year will be big for Kellie, this year we will see if she can coach. She has to show progress if she expects to sign top 10 talent in the future. She has to prove to the new recruits that her program can get them to where they want to go. Final 4!

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Possible. However I think Lawsons name recognition will help get “better” recruits. Half the battle is recruiting, plus some prefer a Duke education over Tennessee.
Some?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Some?

I guess if you wanted to get an education on how to make a coonskin cap, or how to hunt black bears... you would prefer Tennessee. :p

shoe.gif

I kid, I kid..... As a Land Grant school... TN has academic majors/areas that Duke simply doesn't have. Some might be interested in something related to Ag Science or some of the engineering majors... UT-K would be the place where Duke couldn't compete.

Reaction Score
If Duke lands Rice and/or Barker, Volnation will be asking for a redo on the coach hire.

Reaction Score
If Duke lands Rice and/or Barker, Volnation will be asking for a redo on the coach hire.
I doubt it. They are too busy building up their own recruits and saying they are just as good any other highly rated recruit and rankings don't mater.

Reaction Score
Yo Vols! Y’all really should’ve gone after Lawson in a big way. Duke is out recruiting you and ending up in a lot of players top list. Imagine the pull with your storied program and Karas notoriety.

Reaction Score
Who would want to coach at Tennessee. Most of the fans seem vile about anybody and anything that isn't SEC. Kara saw what else is out there, and Tennessee was not it.
Do you know that Kara is on the Board Of Trustees for the University Of Tennessee?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Yo Vols! Y’all really should’ve gone after Lawson in a big way. Duke is out recruiting you and ending up in a lot of players top list. Imagine the pull with your storied program and Karas notoriety.
Ha the pot shall be kept stirred, huh?

Reaction Score
i think the Tenn athletic department shot itself in the foot..... First Pat handed off the whistle to Holly and one could tell immediately, even the year where she filled in for Pat..... that she was not HC material.... terrible coach.... yet Fullmer kept her in that spot for 7 years.... how can a top flight program surrender to mediocrity like that.... shameful IMHO...holly got the recruits she just was not a leader..... and didnt command respect..... Lawson chose not to entertain the idea of becoming coach... though she is loyal to the Lady Vols and Pats memory.... I think the Duke job came up and it was too good an opportunity to pass on.... as for Kelly.... well she is better than Holly of course.... but Tenn is in danger of becoming irrelevant.... no Final Fours in the last 13 years and counting.... and now in conference there is Dawn and Mulkey as well..... Notre Dame football hasnt won a national title since 1988, but at least they are in the mix every year..... they are competitive and thus relevant.... as for the LVs you dont see them win the games they are supposed to win on a consistent basis..... losing 5 straight to Alabama e.g. I have contended that the most important player on WCBB team is actually the HC..... so Kelly off to a reasonable start her first couple of years..... let's see if she can push the needle forward

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Has Lawson even won a game as coach?
She has a career record of 3-1, she's really climbing the ladder. Unfortunately winless in conference play still. :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
She has a career record of 3-1, she's really climbing the ladder. Unfortunately winless in conference play still. :rolleyes:

A career winning percentage of .750 is pretty good in my book.

Reaction Score
boy did this Duke team just completely fall apart in shambles. I know it's early, but Kara better get this team together next season. Always said she is a great recruiter, doesn't mean it's going going to translate into a great head coach.

Reaction Score
boy did this Duke team just completely fall apart in shambles. I know it's early, but Kara better get this team together next season. Always said she is a great recruiter, doesn't mean it's going going to translate into a great head coach.
Holly W. was a great recruiter, look how that turned out.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score

I have great belief in who we are. I have great belief in what we can be. In moments when you’re not showing what you can be, I think you continue doing things the right way and continue to compete, continue to encourage, and continue to try to be disciplined. It’s been true my whole life, so I’m going to stick with that, because it’s been true for me in a lot of situations I’ve faced. Most people in life quit before the turn. They’re not ready to endure the length of a trial, the length of a struggle, or the length of losing. They stop just before it was about to turn. The one thing we will never do in our program is stop believing, stop pushing, and stop trying to make something turn. You don’t sit back and wait for something to turn; you’ve got to go make it happen. So, that’s our job – we’ve got to try to go make something happen on Sunday and I’m excited for our group to have that opportunity.” - Duke WBB Head Coach Kara Lawson, after last night's loss to Boston College

@ucbart , @triaddukefan , @EricLA , @Vowelguy , @HuskyNan

Reaction Score

I think next year will set the bar. It will be her first recruiting class, which is a good one! This team is mostly all transfers

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Coach Lawson coming for all the naysayers.
im totally with you. she is one smart cookie. in the past years, anytime she was yakking on the tube, i listened, which makes aboot a grand total of 2 or 3 of those types.
not any kind of regular attention payer to wbb other than our squad. don't need to be since watching most of it is just a matter of 'how much do these teams stink?'
sorry, that's the way it is.
it's called the "UConn Invitational' for a good reason.
i'd rather listen to geno reading the menu from his restaurant.

on the udder hand, the men's board is all up in my grill for saying 'azzi can play for the bottom 100 in that league.'
they don't like hearing that. too bad, still true. i respect quality whenever i see it.

and, the obvious answer to the question on azzi, 'bbut what aboot the d?' is 'hide her on the top of a zone.' she got great hands and judgment. duh.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom