Hardaway agrees to become Memphis coach (per ESPN) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Hardaway agrees to become Memphis coach (per ESPN)

Reaction Score

Hardaway has been very impressive on the recruiting trail. Memphis has the clear cut #1 ranked AAC class (#28 overall) for 2018 and now already has a top 150 PF/C for '19 which is a big area of need. If he can coach at an average level they'll quickly be back in the mix.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Sam Mitchell to meet with Penny Hardaway, expects to finalize deal as Memphis assistant coach

Former NBA coach Sam Mitchell had his children over for lunch at his Atlanta area home Tuesday afternoon and joked it was so they could "ask dad for a few more bucks before I leave.”

But they all knew this was a chance to say goodbye. Not forever, but for now.

Mitchell was about to pack up "a bunch of clothes and a majority of my things" and make the 400-mile trip to Memphis for a new job.

"They understand and they're excited about it," Mitchell said in a telephone interview. "I'm excited to start a new chapter in my life and do something different."

Mitchell confirmed he is scheduled to meet with Memphis men's basketball coach Penny Hardaway on Wednesday and expects to finalize his position as an assistant coach on Hardaway's initial coaching staff at that time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom