Happy Thanksgiving | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Happy Thanksgiving

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Happy Thanksgiving to the boneyard, on this day you do what you want not what your family wants, in this case my in-laws. I’m just gonna drink beer and watch football, if that means I’m unsocial I don’t care lol. Of course got the TV going on in the kitchen and the living room.

In other words, Thursday?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Happy Thanksgiving from Gibsonia. It's not TG outside Pittsburgh until you get a speeding ticket on the way to the Wife's brother's house.

Are you Neil Walker?

Reaction Score
That contribution may be prudent but not a good example of a grind.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone who makes the Boneyard the place it is.
Never grind just for the sake of grinding. Must also be efficient to be most effective.

C

Chief00

That contribution may be prudent but not a good example of a grind.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone who makes the Boneyard the place it is.

Thanks, I hope your Thanksgiving was good too. Didn’t Dana Carvey of SNL use the word “prudent” a lot as George H Bush?
As Chief said in the OP - I am off from the Grind today - resume on Friday with intensity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
East Hampton was known as "Goon City" for several decades, 60s, 70s 80s, but the problematic and quarrelsome youth of its heyday have aged out, and we all cause less trouble now. East Hampton was also known as Belltown, being perhaps at one time the leading manufacturer of bells worldwide.

Happy Thanksgiving to All Here, and may Peace, Joy, and a Really Good Basketball Season Be Yours.
I moved there in '74. There were hippies down in the Village called "mushroom people."

Dove

Reaction Score
I thought New London is the Whaling City and Middletown was the Elm City, but I haven’t thought about these nicknames for years.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Chief!
New Haven is Elm City. I thnk Middletown is Forest City.

Reaction Score
I moved there in '74. There were hippies down in the Village called "mushroom people."
Yeah, hanging around on the church lawn, smoking weed, drinking, pills, trippin, without a care in the world. That was the downtown crew, they were mostly a few years older than me, but I grew up with some of those boys. Not a lot of high achievers in that group, but I dare say that some went on to become responsible citizens.

Dove

Reaction Score
Whenever I go to Fat Orange Cat I get nostalgic and drive around the lake (RIP lake) and check out the changes. And along Rt. 66. Its crazy. I hope to dog walk the Airline Trail (going east from village center) tomorrow (we're in Madison...will take convincing the Mrs.)

Reaction Score
Whenever I go to Fat Orange Cat I get nostalgic and drive around the lake (RIP lake) and check out the changes. And along Rt. 66. Its crazy. I hope to dog walk the Airline Trail (going east from village center) tomorrow (we're in Madison...will take convincing the Mrs.)
What street did you live on?

Reaction Score

The parking area on Smith St is a good Air Line trail access point to walk east. Try to get to the second viaduct which bridges Dickenson Creek. Crossing that on a train when it was a metal structure must have been something.

Dove

Reaction Score
What street did you live on?
Rt 66. Just west of Staeth Road but on opposite side. Where that house has nauticle crap on the front lawn.

Dove

Reaction Score
The parking area on Smith St is a good Air Line trail access point to walk east. Try to get to the second viaduct which bridges Dickenson Creek. Crossing that on a train when it was a metal structure must have been something.
Way back I remember biking to "the vidocks" and jumping off into Dickinson Creek.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Yeah, hanging around on the church lawn, smoking weed, drinking, pills, trippin, without a care in the world. That was the downtown crew, they were mostly a few years older than me, but I grew up with some of those boys. Not a lot of high achievers in that group, but I dare say that some went on to become responsible citizens.
Is this where you got your start w/Haiku?

Reaction Score
Is this where you got your start w/Haiku?
[/QUOTE

I paused in the grass
and I saw my other self
whispering I flew

the clouds embraced me
and covered my eyes with dew
I returned revived

I have met Buddha
we talked and swam in the sea
fish marvelled at us

To breathe is to live
thought is the greatest blessing
May you find your peace

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Due to formatting
Your Haiku's not visible
Liked them nonetheless

Alternatively
Someone else might have replied
"Was here now there then"

Gondolas moving
In the restaurant's painting
Kept it to myself

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Most city nicknamed are based on an industry that is long gone.
New Haven was named after trees that also left.
CT: Dooooooomed?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom