Happy Thanksgiving | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Happy Thanksgiving

Reaction Score
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Rest and relax with family and friends today, but The Grind continues on Friday.
Chief
Happy Thanksgiving Chief.... and thanks for the info. ;)

cone_of_silence_0.jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Enjoy the Silver City Bowl!
I went through the nicknames for various CT cities, my daughter looked at me - cities have nicknames, no one she knows uses them. They don’t teach them anymore.

Bridgeport - Park City
Bristol - Clock City
Danbury - Hat City
Hartford - Insurance City
Manchester - Silk City
Meriden - Silver City
New Britain - Hardware City
New Haven - Elm City
New London - Whale City
Norwich - Rose City
Waterbury - Brass City
Willimantic - Thread City
And there are others

Silk city represents here. Beat the Eagles. Enjoy the race to those who go or run.

Happy Thanksgiving to all here on the Yard! May your plates and glasses be full.

C

Chief00

I thought New London is the Whaling City and Middletown was the Elm City, but I haven’t thought about these nicknames for years.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Chief!
New Haven is definitely the Elm City, but you are right about New London. I believe Middletown is the Forest City but that sounds odd - so I didn’t put it in due to uncertainty.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Happy Thanksgiving Chief! Stay 3rd!!

And Happy Thanksgiving to all a youz, Yarders! And thank you @Deepster for the iGrill2 rec. I love it.

The boid just hit the grill. Hoping for luscious meat in 3 hours.

And go 'skies!

C

Chief00

Went out to CVS and bought my girlfriend some dark chocolate candy with almond and sea salt. That starts and completes Chief’s Food preparation contribution along with yesterday’s wine. They can have fun cooking now. My goal the rest of the afternoon - stay out of the way!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I cleaned all day yesterday in preparation for company.

Thanksgiving is a grind.
Happy Thanksgiving from Gibsonia. It's not TG outside Pittsburgh until you get a speeding ticket on the way to the Wife's brother's house.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Went out to CVS and bought my girlfriend some dark chocolate candy with almond and sea salt. That starts and completes Chief’s Food preparation contribution along with yesterday’s wine. They can have fun cooking now. My goal the rest of the afternoon - stay out of the way!

A truly enlightened and modern man!

Reaction Score
Enjoy the Silver City Bowl!
I went through the nicknames for various CT cities, my daughter looked at me - cities have nicknames, no one she knows uses them. They don’t teach them anymore.

Bridgeport - Park City
Bristol - Clock City
Danbury - Hat City
Hartford - Insurance City
Manchester - Silk City
Meriden - Silver City
New Britain - Hardware City
New Haven - Elm City
New London - Whaling City
Norwich - Rose City
Waterbury - Brass City
Willimantic - Thread City
And there are others
East Hampton was known as "Goon City" for several decades, 60s, 70s 80s, but the problematic and quarrelsome youth of its heyday have aged out, and we all cause less trouble now. East Hampton was also known as Belltown, being perhaps at one time the leading manufacturer of bells worldwide.

Happy Thanksgiving to All Here, and may Peace, Joy, and a Really Good Basketball Season Be Yours.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

East Hampton was known as "Goon City" for several decades, 60s, 70s 80s, but the problematic and quarrelsome youth of its heyday have aged out, and we all cause less trouble now. East Hampton was also known as Belltown, being perhaps at one time the leading manufacturer of bells worldwide.

Happy Thanksgiving to All Here, and may Peace, Joy, and a Really Good Basketball Season be yours.

It’s not really city like where Chief came from. However, in the holiday spirit I will update the list to Belltown.

C

Chief00

A truly enlightened and modern man!
I bet many of the guests will wish that some of these “enlighten” guys weren’t cooking after tasting the food. You got to know your skillset and women do love candy - even candy from a CVS. It doesn’t have to come from a fancy candy store.

Reaction Score
Happy Thanksgiving to the boneyard, on this day you do what you want not what your family wants, in this case my in-laws. I’m just gonna drink beer and watch football, if that means I’m unsocial I don’t care lol. Of course got the TV going on in the kitchen and the living room.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That contribution may be prudent but not a good example of a grind.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone who makes the Boneyard the place it is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom