Happy Thanksgiving Boneyarders! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Happy Thanksgiving Boneyarders!

Reaction Score
Yes, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Dinner for two on the ranch. My wife would rather have Prime Rib instead of turkey but I like the traditional turkey dinner. So, we are going to have Prime Rib on Saturday, which we have plenty of on the hoof. Starting to snow in the hire mountains. The elk are starting to migrate down on our plain. It is a wonderful sight. Happiness to everyone.

PS: saw the second half of the men's game last night on on Fox Sports against Central Connecticut. They have a lot of talent on that team. The announcer was talking about the Power 6 conferences in basketball noting the Big East.

Reaction Score
Just my wife and I (she's on low carb/low sugar diet), so adapting some old dishes & adding a couple of new ones- but Happy Thanksgiving to all! 1) Pumpkin Thai soup, 2) Salad with goat cheese, roasted beets, pear & walnuts, 3) roasted turkey thighs, 4) sausage stuffing & gravy, 5) swiss chard & sweet potato gratin, 6) roasted root vegetables, 7) dessert of baked apples with ricotta, honey, pistachios, 8) lots of wine!
The last one will overcome any Thanksgiving woes.

Reaction Score
I'll be too busy cooking tomorrow to be on the board until later in the day, maybe even early evening. So it's best to wish it early then not at all.;)
I know from whence you speak, Msgret. Up at five am to mix the stuffing and start the coffee for my wife. But it is so worth it tomorrow when it's even better eating Hot Turkey Sandwichs.

Reaction Score
Multiple small group Thanksgiving celebrations which started today for my youngest son with his so-to-be in-laws, as he is marrying his long time fiancee in early January. In a Shrek theme for tomorrow morning, we are having two of my three sons over for brunch with turkey and waffles [use your best"donkey" voice] and turkey soup, and then over to my oldest son's place [he is a two time Pastry Chef of the year for the five state area] for deserts and games with his in-laws. Some of our turkey and turkey soup will make the trip as well....

We are praying for a safe and joyous Thanksgiving for all the boneyarders and their families!

Only 20 days to stomping Butler! Go Huskies!!!
CDR, sounds like you are truly blessed. Enjoy your meal and time with the family. We are so blessed.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
A few hours ago, I exercised my old-fashioned fondness for buying the local paper (yes, in paper form) and perusing it over my morning coffee.

I happen to love the photo and message on the front page, as it echoes the magnified sense of gratitude that this year's events have led me to draw on.

Despite all that this year has deprived us of, or perhaps even because of it, "2020 has brought us together and helped us to better appreciate all that we still have — and all that we hope to regain. We have newfound gratitude for living in community with each other. We have new admiration for doctors, nurses, teachers, delivery drivers and grocery store workers. We can better discern what is truly essential."

IMG_8544 (1).jpg

Among the things I'm grateful for is the sense of camaraderie and fellowship that so many have helped to cultivate here on the Boneyard. May we live each day of our lives with the humble gratitude that this day serves to inspire.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
This will be only the second Thanksgiving I’ve spent away from my family in New England. We had a zoom call last night; the first time I’d seen them in a year. As many slings and arrows as have been launched at us this year, that virtual meeting reinforced just how lucky I am to have been born into that family, and that they’re all still with us save one brother in law.

I put an 11-lb turkey in half an hour ago. It will be simple, just turkey (with gravy and stuffing), mashpos, carrots, and cranberry. Made two pumpkin pies Tuesday, one of which is still left. I’ll really miss sticky buns and squash casserole, but couldn’t justify all that for three of us.

Reaction Score
CDR, sounds like you are truly blessed. Enjoy your meal and time with the family. We are so blessed.
We are truly blessed.
There was an old submarine saying, "better to be lucky than good." After I had over-riden the fire-control section on "steers" to insert on our excercise torpedo and put in my own to enable the ship to score three hits on the target with just one weapon, when asked how I knew how to do that [while being inspected by the CINCPACFLT inspection team, I replied, "It is far better to be blessed than lucky or good."
We laughed our gluteus maximuses off last night while playing games at my eldest son's place. The jokes were still funnt this morning.... I pray your Thanksgiving blesses you and your family throughout the upcoming year! Go Steelers! Earn that #1 seed!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Not a reference to the Oregon basketball team, but Ducks are overrated. My local supermarket was out of boneless turkey breasts, so I tried a Long Island Duckling. I eked out 3 servings on a 6+ pound duck. There is more meat on a 3 pound rotisserie chicken.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom