Happy Thanksgiving Boneyarders! | The Boneyard

Happy Thanksgiving Boneyarders!

Reaction Score
1606316994939.png

Reaction Score
Just my wife and I (she's on low carb/low sugar diet), so adapting some old dishes & adding a couple of new ones- but Happy Thanksgiving to all! 1) Pumpkin Thai soup, 2) Salad with goat cheese, roasted beets, pear & walnuts, 3) roasted turkey thighs, 4) sausage stuffing & gravy, 5) swiss chard & sweet potato gratin, 6) roasted root vegetables, 7) dessert of baked apples with ricotta, honey, pistachios, 8) lots of wine!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
My wife and son, with Turkey, dressing, deviled eggs, spicy mac & cheese and French green bean casseroles, honey rolls and wine or beer. Pumpkin and/or cherry pie with either ice cream or whipped cream for desert. Hope everyone has a very safe and Happy Thanksgiving.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Happy Thanksgiving to all. Stay safe and keep others safe too. We have much to be grateful for now and more to come. My wife is baking pumpkin pie and making chicken and dumplings today. Turkey and stuffing and green beans tomorrow will add to the bounty. Hope all of you have what you need to celebrate.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It has been a tough year for all, which has, in a way, made me more aware than ever of the many things I am truly thankful for. To be sure, my family, friends and good health are high on the list.

Also high on my list is the wonderful Boneyard community, who’s wit and wisdom have made this very difficult year considerably more tolerable. Looking forward to better days ahead for everyone.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Just my wife and I (she's on low carb/low sugar diet), so adapting some old dishes & adding a couple of new ones- but Happy Thanksgiving to all! 1) Pumpkin Thai soup, 2) Salad with goat cheese, roasted beets, pear & walnuts, 3) roasted turkey thighs, 4) sausage stuffing & gravy, 5) swiss chard & sweet potato gratin, 6) roasted root vegetables, 7) dessert of baked apples with ricotta, honey, pistachios, 8) lots of wine!
I'm taking notes here. Those sound delicious. You sound like quite the chef, with how you're improvising and adapting.

I have been loving the roasted vegetables lately, and I just recently discovered that roasted fennel is one of the most succulent things I've ever tasted. Truly sublime.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Happy Thanksgiving, Boneyard Family!!! Be safe and enjoy the day however you plan on enjoying the day. Working, Watching Basketball/Football games, or just kicking back with family & friends. Be safe!! Much love and respect.

Reaction Score
oh that sounds great

Reaction Score
I'm taking notes here. Those sound delicious. You sound like quite the chef, with how you're improvising and adapting.

I have been loving the roasted vegetables lately, and I just recently discovered that roasted fennel is one of the most succulent things I've ever tasted. Truly sublime.
roasted fennel is sublime! any leftovers goes great in soup too

Reaction Score
be assured better days are ahead
Wishing a happy day to all, staying with protocol and just the better half and myself at home. A good meal planed and an IPA treat for the day. Will be thinking of those less fortunate around the globe that will not see anything similar.
I agree with your premise of betters days ahead so my toast to all here comes in the form of a song.
Pat Benatar with Roomful of Blues from one of my favorite albums.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
However you celebrate, with family or friends, with turkey or ham or lasagna, wine, water or iced tea, be safe, be happy, be assured better days are ahead. Have a good one all!
Thanks.

Reaction Score
Multiple small group Thanksgiving celebrations which started today for my youngest son with his so-to-be in-laws, as he is marrying his long time fiancee in early January. In a Shrek theme for tomorrow morning, we are having two of my three sons over for brunch with turkey and waffles [use your best"donkey" voice] and turkey soup, and then over to my oldest son's place [he is a two time Pastry Chef of the year for the five state area] for deserts and games with his in-laws. Some of our turkey and turkey soup will make the trip as well....

We are praying for a safe and joyous Thanksgiving for all the boneyarders and their families!

Only 20 days to stomping Butler! Go Huskies!!!

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving. My wife and I will be celebrating alone, but doing the traditional turkey, sausage stuffing, mashed potato, turnip and the rest. No special deserts this year, however.

My Sister-in-Law that lives in town and her adult son that lives with her will do likewise. The first year we haven't been together since they moved her, but the son works in a grocery store and that exposure is just too much for my immunosuppressed wife.

My Mother-in-law will be having dinner in her assisted living. First year she won't be over, as well. If we took her out, she would have to quarantine thereafter, which isn't fair to her, especially as she doesn't really enjoy leaving the facility anymore. Age is not treating her kindly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom