happy Independence Day! | The Boneyard

happy Independence Day!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
in case it's rainy where ur at. city of angels 2020. beyond epic.

Thanks Cliff. What a wonderful story to share no only today, but any day. Los Angeles, the city of my birth, land that I love. :) There are folks here from all over the world, and more arriving everyday. The "ultimate" melting pot. Happy Independence Day to ALL of my Boneyard brethren.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Happy Independence Day yarders!

For 245 years the great American Experiment has endured and prospered. Sometimes it struggles, and lately it seems like it’s one of those times, but there is no greater place on the planet to live. I’m glad to share this blessing with each and everyone of you.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
City of my birth, land that I love. :) There are folks here from all over the world. The "ultimate" melting pot. Happy Independence Day to ALL of my Boneyard brethren.
ok, that's wicked cool cuz im guessin that ur life journey has a memory component firmly aware of that 'chinatown' movie culture that soo permeated (permeates?) the life that i experienced when i lived there. home base was Pacific Heights, after starting out in the Tenderloin. cf, feinstein, a neighbor then, who is still on the job.
having family and friends there since ww1, my thinking was still mostly grounded in the movie/tv portrayals, then i moved there, and found it to be that way. the only news for me was how truly important the water thing is. other than that, the suits in san fran, the spanish in the south, the central valley cowboys, the transplanted hollywood crowd, and the oil gang, really called the shots, tho the sierra greens seem to have taken a seat at the table recently. no judgement, just my observation. 'big valley-like' matriarchs and patriarchs everrwhere, and i really, really enjoyed my time spent in the surfer/Shampoo reality. big fun but after experiencing my first big one, i knew that my time was winding down as ya can't put a bloke from the land of steady habits in the land where the ground shakes. there ain't anywhere on the planet like the Great State of Kali, and, well, tru dat. pro tip: if you go there looking for fun in the now, bring some aspirin for the next dawn, cuz ur gonna need it when you wake up, look around at the faces and places beside you, and think 'wait, whut, how did i get here?' lol.
all 50, all good, with the right place for everrone. happy birthday to us!

'life, i love you, feelin groovy!'

Reaction Score
Had my German Shepherd and pit/chow mix inside. It wasn't enough. My shepherd got scared, and she hurt herself climbing in the tub. Took her to my vet to have a look at her. Gave her some pain meds and in a couple of days she was better. I like watching fireworks, but even I don't like the loud noise. Happy Fourth.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It's hard on dogs, but also hard on cats too. I close all my windows to try to keep the noise out, but there are "explosions" of fireworks always close to where I live in Los Angeles. I need to keep my cats off my lap during firework season - it's no fun for them, but no fun for me when they get scared, dig their claws in, and launch themselves off my lap. I end up with "war" wounds LOL. Poor kitties...

Reaction Score
1625420472661.png
Guess ther's just one thing to do.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
(oh, this will make me popular, he sez to the almost 400 pounds of pooches snoozin on the office floor...)
it's a thread aboot our Independence Day! with the operative word here being 'our,' as in us American humans, and not another descent into all things petco.

(mutts be like, 'u want to be popular? bring us a hunk from that wheel o brie that we saw u dish out with the eggs this am - we got stiffed.' hehe, talking dogs, as if im listening...)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom