Happy Hour With Randy... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Happy Hour With Randy...

Reaction Score
this whole Phil/Yams truther movement would only make sense if Phil also had a third account and made up JMick and his recognition of me. Which I guess is possible come to think of it.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Some takeaways:

1) @whaler11 sat front and center and asked about 4 questions, shouting over Randy in an attempt to ask a fifth. His real name seems to be 'Milton.'

2) Met CTMike. Very nice guy. Was with his 'kid', but when I tried to introduce myself, the child didn't speak. I then realized that it wasn't a real child, but that CTMike hauls around a mannequin to games. Very strange. He is covering for this by now attacking me about YamsMD.

3) UCYamsMD made the event near impossible. 15 minutes before it started, she insisted I put together a playpen for our dog--not sure why this was a good idea. Once we got there, she kept poking me and asking when we were leaving. #Casualfan

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Dunn really impressed me. I think hes gonna do great.

I've been super impressed since day one. He's really good at clearly and systematically laying out his vision--what he says absolutely makes sense. He strikes me as a really deep thinker who asks the 'why' behind everything that he does as opposed to just dogmatically adopting a system. You listen to him and he just sounds like a guy who could one day be a HC.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
My guess is ‘Milton’ asked four point spread related questions.

So what did you do to CTMike? Hasn’t been heard of since he sought to truether your lady friend situation.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
There was a lot of “intelligent energy”, to completely make up a term. Not just energy for energies sake with no substance to back it up, if you know what I mean... guys spoke with a lot of passion and clarity of vision.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
There was a lot of “intelligent energy”, to completely make up a term. Not just energy for energies sake with no substance to back it up, if you know what I mean... guys spoke with a lot of passion and clarity of vision.
So no fish cake recipes?

I think I am talking to Phil on a hijacked account.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

So what did you do to CTMike? Hasn’t been heard of since he sought to truether your lady friend situation.
Brought my 3 year old and rolled the dice that he could keep still/quiet... that lasted about a few minutes... stayed as long as we could but ended up leaving a few minutes early!

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Milton was actually just some hysterical old guy who asked questions that I didn't quite understand...one about biceps and triceps, anothers about needing more 'special fellas' on defense.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Dunn talked a bit about running 11/12 personnel sets, no huddle, with multiple looks. Pace: he made the comparison to Randy Johnson... hitting 100mph fastballs is very hard but if that’s all you do eventually hitters catch up... need to be able to mix in a change up or slider to keep them off balance.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Brought my 3 year old and rolled the dice that he could keep still/quiet... that lasted about a few minutes... stayed as long as we could but ended up leaving a few minutes early!
Toddler to happy hour? Bold! impressive! Ground breaking!

Reaction Score
GREAT event and the new Randy 2.0 was unlike the Randy of old or even at the last Rent event, his reintroduction. He has to be happy with the overall situation as I have never seen or heard him so relaxed and upbeat. He was the MC, no ums, no ah ah ah's. He was totally relaxed running the show, cracking jokes and embracing the moment.
He introduced every coach as they came up on stage to speak and verbally jabbed a few which got laughs. He introduced Cory with the caveat that he hoped he was not violating CT state ethics laws.
upload_2018-4-6_22-27-35.jpeg

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Did AD David Benedict speak at all?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You know, I saw Beth Goetz and Vic Cegles, but I didn’t happen to see AD Dave.
Weird. Maybe he was busy making popcorn for tomorrow’s UConn Baseball Doubleheader with UCF at the Yard Goats stadium.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Weird. Maybe he was busy making popcorn for tomorrow’s UConn Baseball Doubleheader with UCF at the Yard Goats stadium.
He is vacationing in the Bahamas.

Reaction Score

Games are in Storrs. First pitch noon.

Reaction Score
GREAT event and the new Randy 2.0 was unlike the Randy of old or even at the last Rent event, his reintroduction. He has to be happy with the overall situation as I have never seen or heard him so relaxed and upbeat. He was the MC, no ums, no ah ah ah's. He was totally relaxed running the show, cracking jokes and embracing the moment.
He introduced every coach as they came up on stage to speak and verbally jabbed a few which got laughs. He introduced Cory with the caveat that he hoped he was not violating CT state ethics laws.
View attachment 30478 5

Was trying to figure out what that sweater reminded me of!

6e7ec4d76dbbdd6229acf869be69d5fd--simon-garfunkel-art-garfunkel.jpg

Reaction Score
As for John Dunn he is going to have those that were worried about our one and done OC saying... Rett who???
This guy gives some meat with the potatoes to the audience with out giving away the recipe. Very detailed on executing fundamentally with the appearance of sophistication. Promises a multifaceted offense with a constant changing tempo no huddle but not always at the same pace. From him and the DC throwing the ball on first down is part of the equation.

All the coaches are very well spoken and emphasizing fundamentals which I am sure is Randy trickle down. Several that were here last year went out of the way to express the overall improvement of the team with comments like "this group is light years ahead of where we were even at the end of last season". Randy and several had the bring a friend mantra going, they want The Rent rocking once again.

Spoke with Cory on the contract situation and he said it is an on going process and not a distraction. He and a few others mentioned Pindell is looking like the man.
From Randy in discussion, spring game format to still be determined due to several hurt linemen. For those that like the meet and greets with the players, fans will be allowed down on the field post game to mingle get autographs etc.
Also mentioned in conversation getting more of the student body reengaged as something they are working on. Overall a good event.

upload_2018-4-6_22-34-5.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom