Happy Hour With Randy... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Happy Hour With Randy...

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Talked to a few people and coaches while I was there.
The talent on the team was in some positions 1-AA players who should never have been recruited to UConn. I heard similar things twice. I agree full heartedly.
The offensive line will be improved this year. They have 8 players they trust and hope it will be 10 by the start of the season.
The Husky backer is very important to the defense. Marshe' Terry with Ian Swenson backing him up. Banks is the cover guy who will play on third down.
HCRE expects some freshman to play this year and if the four-game rule passes then a lot of freshmen will play. The rule is you can play four games and still redshirt.

My biggest concern is the defensive line with little experience except for Murphy, Atkins and not much else. My hope is that a freshman or two can step up and help out.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the reports folks. Events conspired to keep me away. But next Saturday I will see you.

Reaction Score
Appreciate the reports back from last nights cocktail party! Sounds like we are moving in the right direction!!

C

Chief00

The talent on the team was in some positions 1-AA players who should never have been recruited to UConn. I heard similar things twice. I agree full heartedly.
The offensive line will be improved this year. They have 8 players they trust and hope it will be 10 by the start of the season.
The Husky backer is very important to the defense. Marshe' Terry with Ian Swenson backing him up. Banks is the cover guy who will play on third down.
HCRE expects some freshman to play this year and if the four-game rule passes then a lot of freshmen will play. The rule is you can play four games and still redshirt.

My biggest concern is the defensive line with little experience except for Murphy, Atkins and not much else. My hope is that a freshman or two can step up and help out.

Agree, with your concern about the DL. We can only hope that Jones is the stud some think he is.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score

I am friends with one of the coaches..He told me the same thing regarding the 1-AA talent on the roster..

C

Chief00

GREAT event and the new Randy 2.0 was unlike the Randy of old or even at the last Rent event, his reintroduction. He has to be happy with the overall situation as I have never seen or heard him so relaxed and upbeat. He was the MC, no ums, no ah ah ah's. He was totally relaxed running the show, cracking jokes and embracing the moment.
He introduced every coach as they came up on stage to speak and verbally jabbed a few which got laughs. He introduced Cory with the caveat that he hoped he was not violating CT state ethics laws.
View attachment 30478 5
I miss those Cape Cod Cranberry thin pants - that a UConn coach was recently known for!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Milton is about 90 years old. He bleeds Husky Blue, that's for sure.

Reaction Score

How will the four game RS rule be applied? Are the 4 games in which the freshmen are allowed to play without burning their redshirt limited to the first 4 games of the season, or can they be any 4 games over the course of the season?

Would seem to be more useful (to both the team and players) to have the freshmen who won't be burning their RS to play 4 games over the last half of the season rather than the first half.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
For whatever it’s worth, Edsall said the attitude and buy-in from the team was a complete 180 from a year ago.
Not surprised by this comment. Seemed to be some selfish play last year, which is one of the reasons I will not base any predictions of this year's defense on last year's edition, regardless of composition.

Reaction Score
How will the four game RS rule be applied? Are the 4 games in which the freshmen are allowed to play without burning their redshirt limited to the first 4 games of the season, or can they be any 4 games over the course of the season?

Would seem to be more useful (to both the team and players) to have the freshmen who won't be burning their RS to play 4 games over the last half of the season rather than the first half.

Remains to be seen what final product/change/effective date will be but... What the proposed redshirt rule change would mean for college football.

>>The Atlantic Coast Conference has submitted a proposal to allow all players to participate in any four games without losing a redshirt, the designated term for a player who practices with the team but does not participate in game competition, thus preserving a season of playing eligibility. The proposal will be voted on by the NCAA Division I Council in April. If passed, it could go into effect as early as this fall but would not be retroactive to past seasons.<<

Reaction Score

Same position we were in when Coach Edsall got there the first time. How did it work out after a few years? I've been watching some old tapes of Edsall's teams, and I can really see history repeating itself. Notre Dame, Syracuse, Pitt, West Virginia, and South Carolina then, and the same kind of days are coming. Go Huskies!!!!!!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Same position we were in when Coach Edsall got there the first time. How did it work out after a few years? I've been watching some old tapes of Edsall's teams, and I can really see history repeating itself. Notre Dame, Syracuse, Pitt, West Virginia, and South Carolina then, and the same kind of days are coming. Go Huskies!!!!!!

A few differences. Edsall had 4 years to field a team. There was no real pressure or expectations until the Rent opened. We were going to a BCS conference. We were a new, relatively well monied program in comparison to our regional peers. We are 0 for 3 in that regard.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
F765E181-B527-4E5D-A500-89DE7D486079.jpeg
I was the guy in a tux.

Reaction Score
Brought my 3 year old and rolled the dice that he could keep still/quiet... that lasted about a few minutes... stayed as long as we could but ended up leaving a few minutes early!
You brought your 3 yo to a happy hour????

giphy.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom