Happy for Alterique | The Boneyard

Happy for Alterique

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I was thrilled for him to have such a good and self-contained game yesterday. The kid's confidence has to have taken a nosedive between the continual flow of injuries and the vitriol he was facing on Twitter. It was great to see him not shrink down and turn a negative into a positive yesterday by playing within himself and not taking any drives to nowhere in the lane. I'm also happy for the team, because if AG continues to play within his role, our offense will reap big benefits. Kudos to DH for sticking with him and having his back.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He's played the past few few like someone who is reconciling expectations versus someone who is getting comfortable in his own skin.
Looks like he is learning he can lead the team without having to lead it in scoring. And knows he has a coach who not only accepts that type of performance but expects that type of performance.
AG can be an efficient 12-14 point scorer. A couple of drives, a 3 pointers and some free throws and he is very good. Him trying to be a 17-20 point scorer is very inefficient and ineffective.
News reports are saying Taliek has been a huge influence. Team needs AG playing like a senior Taliek, not a sophomore Taliek.

Reaction Score
I was thrilled for him to have such a good and self-contained game yesterday. The kid's confidence has to have taken a nosedive between the continual flow of injuries and the vitriol he was facing on Twitter. It was great to see him not shrink down and turn a negative into a positive yesterday by playing within himself and not taking any drives to nowhere in the lane. I'm also happy for the team, because if AG continues to play within his role, our offense will reap big benefits. Kudos to DH for sticking with him and having his back.
Was a totally different player than the one we'd seen the last few games. He played in control, made good decisions, and focused more on running the offense than just trying to get to the basket. Big credit to both him and the coaching staff on getting him back on track. We need this player for the rest of the season.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Yes to all of the above. He played against Maine like someone who is figuring out that his team is capable and is more valuable playing within the offense as opposed to someone forcing the issue. Glad to see his jumper look better as well. I knew he'd figure it out.

Reaction Score
Either play how coach wants or ride the pine. Looks like he made his decision.

Reaction Score
he needs to be a facilitator, not a primary scoring option. ultimately, he is a supporting player on this team, not the guy taking the final shot.

my biggest gripe so far this year...he needs to stop driving with the intention of scoring, that has not and will not work for him. he either needs to pull up for midrange, or ideally maintain his dribble and find the open man when the defense collapses.

i don’t want to take too much away from a performance against maine. let’s see if he can play controlled ball against a top tier team.

Reaction Score
He looked really good yesterday. A strong, productive AG who facilitates and takes good shots is one of the keys to a successful season.
Glad to see AG and CV both playing more team oriented ball. It makes a huge difference in terms of how this team will fare.

Reaction Score
he needs to be a facilitator, not a primary scoring option. ultimately, he is a supporting player on this team, not the guy taking the final shot.

my biggest gripe so far this year...he needs to stop driving with the intention of scoring, that has not and will not work for him. he either needs to pull up for midrange, or ideally maintain his dribble and find the open man when the defense collapses.

i don’t want to take too much away from a performance against maine. let’s see if he can play controlled ball against a top tier team.

He did it against X in regulation and against Miami.(Admittedly back to the devil in OT)

Not good enough (2 1/2 games) for everyone to show he's heading in the right direction? He's our best defender on the other end at least amongst the guards, chasing and making PGs get rid of the ball before the offense is set.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom