Happy Birthday Message | The Boneyard

Happy Birthday Message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just wanted to post this message to myself. All my friends, co-workers and extended family forget about today. Never having anyone around to celebrate sucks. Birthday gift wrapped in Christmas paper doesn't help.

Cake?? Well biggest cake (less eaten) left over from yesterday stick a few candles in it and call it a day. Wife even runs out to the store in the morning to catch a sale item for me. Kids remember only because I'm their father and they know the drill.

As a kid well I've been expertly prepared for this. Kids not in school, focused on Xmas not friends birthday. And today they were pre-occipied with their toys from yesterday. Birthday gift under the Christmas Tree ("Save one for tomorrow"). Birthday can never outdo Christmas.

As a teen/young adult, well today Christmas is over, got to get our New Year's plans in order. so this week is a week of end of year finalization and new year's expectations. And again no one is around.

As an adult, at work skeleton crews means I know few personally, and they certainly aren't expected to remember anything other that when its time to get out of there. Oh and text mesaages have killed the Birthday Card and even the phone call.

Finally I can't expect a 'good' gift because either I'm competing with people's own family or they are broke from Christmas shopping (not to mention that they forget to buy a birthday gift).

All this means no big parties, surprise birthday or being able to make a special trip (think islands, abroad, etc.) to celebrate outside of the state. The silver lining is that on my birthday Christmas music on the radio immediately ceases. and the world restarts.

Now that I have that off my chest I will enjoy the next 12+ hours happy to have survived another year.

Oh and I'm happy today, I'm used to it. The option of no future birthday is much worse than my situation so I'm ranting not complaining.

Which leaves me to the Yard. I know you fanatics read this site daily, so I just wanted to welcome you, my online peers, into my day of 'quiet' but wonderful celebration. I also want to tell you that on your next birthday feel fortunate that your day is special, and never complain about the date, as it could be worse (;)).

So Happy Birthday to me (and any other soul mates, including Xmas-New Years)!

Reaction Score
Happy Birthday Kitaman.

Growing up a neighbor friend's birthday was on ( and still is) on Christmas. He would always complain about basically the same things you stated above. Did feel bad for him because everyone else had some kind of kid party for their birthday, but never him.

Have not seen him in a bit, but I do know he rooted for UConn sports. So here's hoping you and him get a Husky football victory today .

Again Happy Birthday and Go Huskies

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Indeed Kitaman. It is my pleasure to wish you a Happy Birthday. Hoping you have many more.

Reaction Score
Happy birthday Kitman, but my birthday is Dec 31st. So yeah I know what you mean. But I look at it as everyone is partying for me.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
My brother was a Christmas baby. He never recovered. I kept asking why we just didn't return him for a new TV.

Happy Birthday.

Reaction Score
Happy Birthday (I forgot celebrating Christmas, forgive me). My own birthday is monday, and for years I thought my day was in January seeing that my cousin's day was then. So the family found sense to celebrate two birthdays as one and another reason to party.

Reaction Score
Vitamin you enjoy every second of this wonderful birth-Day, you deserve it!

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
Happy Birthday Kitman,

I also am celebrating a birthday on Monday, but tomorrow is another famous Birthday and that is our COCAH OLLIE andBOATS TOO!
It seems odd to be entering my 70th year, hard to believe I made it but this board and others have let me be young at heart and team spirit keeps me going.

So Happy Birthday to all who have to celebrate at the Christmas Season. My mom would not let people give me gifts for birthday on Christmas, she said you were born three days later and that is your birthday, so I did get two sets of gifts in one week.

Today we play in a bowl game, go HUSKIES, Monday the Ladies play and on Tuesday we play Texas. So let's end the year in winnings and school spirit. Yell loud Defense, UCONN and all have a Happy New Year.

GO HUSKIES!

Mrs. Dribbles

Reaction Score
Happy B-day! Imagine having your birthday on Christmas, when you have to give presents to everybody else and that day is never your own day. I think there is someone I know who has that birthday...hum...wonder who that could be.

Reaction Score
Anyone obnoxious enough to be born the day after Christmas deserves what they get.:) Happy Birthday!

Reaction Score
Happy Birthday Kitman,

I also am celebrating a birthday on Monday, but tomorrow is another famous Birthday and that is our COCAH OLLIE andBOATS TOO!
It seems odd to be entering my 70th year, hard to believe I made it but this board and others have let me be young at heart and team spirit keeps me going.

So Happy Birthday to all who have to celebrate at the Christmas Season. My mom would not let people give me gifts for birthday on Christmas, she said you were born three days later and that is your birthday, so I did get two sets of gifts in one week.

Today we play in a bowl game, go HUSKIES, Monday the Ladies play and on Tuesday we play Texas. So let's end the year in winnings and school spirit. Yell loud Defense, UCONN and all have a Happy New Year.

GO HUSKIES!

Mrs. Dribbles

Happy 70th Mrs Dribbles and thank you for adding your wisdom and spirit to this board despite what OkaForPrez said!!;)

Reaction Score
Happy Birthday to a lot of you who come right after Christmas. My brother is the 29th so I am sure you all get screwed too because of that, gift-wise that is.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Just wanted to post this message to myself. All my friends, co-workers and extended family forget about today. Never having anyone around to celebrate sucks. Birthday gift wrapped in Christmas paper doesn't help.

Cake?? Well biggest cake (less eaten) left over from yesterday stick a few candles in it and call it a day. Wife even runs out to the store in the morning to catch a sale item for me. Kids remember only because I'm their father and they know the drill.

As a kid well I've been expertly prepared for this. Kids not in school, focused on Xmas not friends birthday. And today they were pre-occipied with their toys from yesterday. Birthday gift under the Christmas Tree ("Save one for tomorrow"). Birthday can never outdo Christmas.

As a teen/young adult, well today Christmas is over, got to get our New Year's plans in order. so this week is a week of end of year finalization and new year's expectations. And again no one is around.

As an adult, at work skeleton crews means I know few personally, and they certainly aren't expected to remember anything other that when its time to get out of there. Oh and text mesaages have killed the Birthday Card and even the phone call.

Finally I can't expect a 'good' gift because either I'm competing with people's own family or they are broke from Christmas shopping (not to mention that they forget to buy a birthday gift).

All this means no big parties, surprise birthday or being able to make a special trip (think islands, abroad, etc.) to celebrate outside of the state. The silver lining is that on my birthday Christmas music on the radio immediately ceases. and the world restarts.

Now that I have that off my chest I will enjoy the next 12+ hours happy to have survived another year.

Oh and I'm happy today, I'm used to it. The option of no future birthday is much worse than my situation so I'm ranting not complaining.

Which leaves me to the Yard. I know you fanatics read this site daily, so I just wanted to welcome you, my online peers, into my day of 'quiet' but wonderful celebration. I also want to tell you that on your next birthday feel fortunate that your day is special, and never complain about the date, as it could be worse (;)).

So Happy Birthday to me (and any other soul mates, including Xmas-New Years)!

lol, that was kind of depressing. Happy Birthday then kit.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Happy birthday you whining attention-grabbing son of a bitch!

ahaha my first thought too. The internet has made me one of the most cynical human beings on the planet.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Happy birthday to all those whom I've missed in the past 11.76 months or so, and to those whose birthdays will be in the next five days.

There.

I'm done for the year. Don't have to worry about birthdays again until 2016.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Happy birthday kita, happy 70th dribs, happy holidays to everyone but mau.

Worth repeating! Plus Dogmania.

My sister's birthday is Christmas Eve. I get it. I suggest picking a day in June to celebrate!

Reaction Score

My sister's birthday is Christmas Eve. I get it. I suggest picking a day in June to celebrate!
My family is great in that we always pick another day, like today to celebrate and there is no one big present instead of multiple ones.

Anyhow, happy birthday to all born during this holiday season. We are the gift to everyone around us, at least that's what try to convince myself regardless to what others might think. :)

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

One of my buddies growing up was born on Christmas and they always celebrated his half birthday on June 25th. Always thought that was a good solution. Happy birthday to all of you, all too often ignored, December birthdays.

Reaction Score
Damn that's mean. I'm never anything but positive on this board and this is what I get?:eek:

Reaction Score
Happy birthday. I get it. But, in some years you'll see that Christmas may bring kids home and your day will be doesn't with them, where other dad's will only get a brief call on their birthdays.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Damn that's mean. I'm never anything but positive on this board and this is what I get?:eek:
Stop throwing me under the bus with dribs :). Merry Christmas Sir.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Kitman, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads