Happy 75th James A. Calhoun | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Happy 75th James A. Calhoun

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Happy Birthday Coach - and many more
Thanks for making the University of Connecticut UConn and being one of the top 5 Mens College BB coaches of all time

See ya at the Cumberland Farms in Madison soon

I know you are enjoying cake over your best friend Chief00's house on this landmark day

C

Chief00

Happy Birthday you Irish MF er !

Seriously , you are the best - HOF er !

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Uconn: World Capital of College Basketball.

Happy Birthday Coach! What an inspiration.

Reaction Score
Is that true?

Not technically. When he retired, we took up a collection here and donated it to his charity and the total collected was actually eye-popping. It went to pay for a heart bypass pump machine at his Cardiac care wing at UConn Health. He was notified of what we did and passed along a message through a third party.

A group of us then went to his charity bike ride, met him and presented him with the check. It was really an amazing experience. Met the Dr who would be using the machine. Met Coach. He was very gracious to us, and if you've ever met any of us in person, you'd know that's something in and of itself.

Reaction Score
Happy Birthday Coach! Hope the weather's nice down in Buffalo Bay & all the grandkids/former players say hey. Many, many thanks for your service ...

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Happy Birthday Coach! Hope the weather's nice down in Buffalo Bay & all the grandkids/former players say hey. Many, many thanks for your service ...
Nice first post. You might want to consider quitting while you're ahead. But if not, welcome.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Not technically. When he retired, we took up a collection here and donated it to his charity and the total collected was actually eye-popping. It went to pay for a heart bypass pump machine at his Cardiac care wing at UConn Health. He was notified of what we did and passed along a message through a third party.

A group of us then went to his charity bike ride, met him and presented him with the check. It was really an amazing experience. Met the Dr who would be using the machine. Met Coach. He was very gracious to us, and if you've ever met any of us in person, you'd know that's something in and of itself.

I remember the fundraiser but I was mostly a lurker, I didn't know the entirety ... That's cool, thanks for the info.

Reaction Score
Greatest rebuilding job of all time. Just a winner. Happy Birthday coach! An honor and a priviledge to have you coach here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom