Happy 75th James A. Calhoun | The Boneyard

Happy 75th James A. Calhoun

Curiouser
Reaction Score
11954796-large.jpg

Reaction Score
JC is the epitome of a guy who did it his way. He arrived at UConn while I was there as a student. It was clear from the start that things would be different and far better. He imposed his will not only on the program, but on the national landscape of college basketball. They went from 9-19, to NIT Champs, to the Elite Eight within a 4 season span.

I am eternally grateful to JC for changing the culture of UConn basketball. Happy Birthday JC!

Reaction Score
The funny thing about this thread is how some people write it as though there's a chance he could read it. I don't think he knows there's even an internet. I know that, when he was coaching, they'd have to fax things to his assistants because he didn't text or use email or own a smartphone. But hey.....Happy Birthday, Coach! Many more!

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
The funny thing about this thread is how some people write it as though there's a chance he could read it. I don't think he knows there's even an internet. I know that, when he was coaching, they'd have to fax things to his assistants because he didn't text or use email or own a smartphone. But hey.....Happy Birthday, Coach! Many more!

Fishy will gather up all the replies once this thread is done and fax it over to him - so let the well wishers post away.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
"He" did post on the BY once. I think it was either after being out sick or after his BY retirement gift.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Trust me, he knows this site exists and he is very appreciative of the efforts all UConn fans (boneyarders or not) provided during his time here. He also couldn't give enough thanks for the fundraising this site did (we purchased a heart pump) after he retired.

Happy Birthday coach!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Trust me, he knows this site exists and he is very appreciative of the efforts all UConn fans (boneyarders or not) provided during his time here. He also couldn't give enough thanks for the fundraising this site did (we purchased a heart pump) after he retired.

Happy Birthday coach!

Hey, he even recognized (for fundraising efforts and support) and then met us at one of his foundation charity events. I'm pretty sure @Deepster ejaculated himself and hasn't washed those underwear to this day.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I still think we should have gotten him a kayak.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Happy birthday REAL Coach Cal ... I wouldn't have ever known a thing about UConn basketball as a youngster in Buffalo if not for him, and he gave me at least 4 of the best moments of my sports fandom.

Wish you many more Coach GOAT!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom