Happy 17th Anniversary Uconn 77 Duke 74 (3/29/99) | The Boneyard

Happy 17th Anniversary Uconn 77 Duke 74 (3/29/99)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ok thanks I had to run through the impact portions of the game and fall behind on my daily itinerary. All on you..but thanks LOL

Reaction Score
Got the date right to post this - but got it wrong in the title. Mods! Help!

I still don't get why this isn't a national holiday. Too close to Easter?

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
My entire family left me alone to watch the game by myself. Prolly a good thing....I was sobbing at the end!

Reaction Score

He did mention he's getting old.

Reaction Score
Where'd you watch?

Here's an excerpt from a speech I gave in college.

Monday night was finally here and the 8:30pm tip off was way past my (7 year old) bedtime, and to add to it, I was sick as a dog. Halfway through the game I was sitting on the floor (as I did for every game) and was so sick that I vomited on carpet. My dad, so emotionally invested in the game, said we’d clean it up at the next time out, and sure enough he rolled it up and threw it outside and back to the game we went.

Reaction Score

oops, not sure how to edit or I would.

Reaction Score
"Langdon trips"...still the greatest sports moment of my life.

Reaction Score
Greatest night in the history of . . . . any type of conflict of any kind since life began on this planet. Or probably any other distant planet for that matter.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I remember high fiving a fellow Husky fan in front of one of the concession stands at the Trop right before the game began. I don't really know how to describe it, but I think we both exuded a confidence that no matter what, we were about to witness something special. The whole evening had that sort of vibe to it, a certain sense of expectancy, all wrapped up in El-Amin's pregame statement to the world. I literally could not talk in tones much above a whisper for two solid weeks after the game ended, thinking I had done permanent damage to the old vocal chords.

Reaction Score
Full broadcast for those interested:

And the rebroadcast with Ricky and Rash in the studio:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
a dozen post and no one said

Thread/Handle ?

Reaction Score
I was there. Top row of the bottom level. At the end turned to my brother and screamed " we just won .....g national championship". Then I cried like a baby. So many cool memories. Didn't drink before the game so I would not forget anything. Made up for it after though.

Reaction Score
I was there. Top row of the bottom level. At the end turned to my brother and screamed " we just won .....g national championship". Then I cried like a baby. So many cool memories. Didn't drink before the game so I would not forget anything. Made up for it after though.

Sober as a judge one of the only tournament games I watched alone and for a reason. Had my son who was 5 at the time watching it until he fell asleep on the couch and got yelled at for not putting him to bed. LOL..he swears he remembers me yelling like a little kid alone and grabbing him to bring him to bed with tears in my eyes wondering what was wrong. He later knew it wasn't what was wrong but was all right with the world then - NOW he really gets it. ;)

Reaction Score
I don't like knowing that this is the 17 year anniversary. I've been saying "4 championships in the last 15 years...no one else comes close!" for a while now, and now it's confirmed that it's factually inaccurate (also that i'm bad at time).

If we never win another (we will, but for the sake of this anecdote), i will still say "4 championships in the last 15 years" for the next 30 years.

Reaction Score
Hate to make this about me- but holy crap I'm old.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I was in the eighth grade. 14 years old. Watched on the couch in my living room with my dad. Remember jumping up and down screaming when they won. I think the TV nearly fell off the stand from all the jumping. It was the happiest I'd ever been at that point in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom