Hamilton Handle | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hamilton Handle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hamilton's handle is decent (saying that it could use some "tightening" is accurate). His turnovers arise from some bad habits, namely turning his back on the defense in the lane and going a bit too fast in the open court. To my eye, he's improving on both of those.

We are going to need a "point forward" next year to have any hope of being effective offensively. He has the potential to be outstanding in that role.

Reaction Score
Excalibur said:
Hamilton's handle is decent (saying that it could use some "tightening" is accurate). His turnovers arise from some bad habits, namely turning his back on the defense in the lane and going a bit too fast in the open court. To my eye, he's improving on both of those. We are going to need a "point forward" next year to have any hope of being effective offensively. He has the potential to be outstanding in that role.

And both of those habits would get less bad if defenders weren't free to help off of most of our guys. You're a bit more hesitant to reach in on Hamilton as a help defender when your man is Giffey, DD or Bazz and you're instructed to not to leave them open (or find them in transition before they get a knock down three). You can even help off Boat a bit due to his size and the fact it takes him a while to release his jumper, giving you a chance to recover and contest.

He's had to adjust to thinner driving lanes than he's probably ever seen. His HS team even had Dorsey and Jackson.

Reaction Score
Hamilton has an above average handle for his size, but he also has a bad habit of dribbling the ball off his foot or getting stripped in traffic.

His handle is not good enough to just drive through crowds with abandon. He needs to dribble as few times as possible when he's getting to the lane.

Reaction Score
I had sort of pinned my hopes for this season on DH. Thinking that if he improves in a number of areas and takes the #2 role, that the rest of the team will settle into roles with less pressure. And overall, the team will be much improved. And I think its fair to say that DH has had one of the better husky freshman campaigns.

But despite some freshman of the week type stats from DH , the others (brimah aside) haven't really responded.

Maybe it can still happen, but it seems that both Omar and Rodney have regressed - neither have made the strides I'd hoped they'd make.

There's still some time for that to happen but so little margin for error with this team that its difficult to see it happening Until next year.

Reaction Score
Handle is not a work in progress, decisions on where to take his handle are. And he's done a nice job with that as of late.
I'd like to think everything is a work in progress. Every player at any level should look to improve every aspect of their game especially a freshman in college.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
He has improved his FT%, but 80% isn't quite accurate. His FT% for the season is 61.5% (32 of 52).

2014 - 52% on 11 of 21
2015 - 68% on 21 of 31

OOC - 61% on 11 of 18
AAC - 62% on 21 of 34

He had a 4 game stretch in Jan where he didn't shoot any. Following that stretch, starting with the Cincy away game on 1/29, he's at 73% (on 16 of 22) after going 1-3 yesterday. Before yesterday, that same stretch was 79% on 15 of 19.

Oh sure, if you're gonna talk actual numbers . . .

Reaction Score
He's committed the 6th most turnovers in AAC play. Handle still a work in progress.

Freshman are allowed/expected to commit turnovers, even if high. They really should look at Sophomores and up.

Anyway the key is the effort attached to the turnover which for him applies. In other words his aren't the lazy or stupid ones, just trying to do either too much or make plays beyond his current skill set.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
His handle is nowhere close to what it needs to be considering what we will be asking of him. He shouldn't be bringing the ball up on the break.

Reaction Score
His handle is nowhere close to what it needs to be considering what we will be asking of him. He shouldn't be bringing the ball up on the break.

You're right he's not capable of bringing it up until he's considered the next marcus haines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom