Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 48 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You seem to lack the power to analyze things well. The fact that you continue to insult me over the internet for no reason is not somehow excused by the fact that you have met other friendly board members in the flesh. I have not been rude or insulting, rather respectful to your program and its fans. If you cannot see the difference, then I am not sure what to say other than I pray you are not older than 30 because only immaturity can excuse your commentary.

You are hanging your hat on a supposed quip, a short line buried in a larger post that was overall complimentary to your program. There was some rational discussion about it following, your rudeness not included. I stand by my comments but it really does not matter. Anyways, not going to respond to your irrationality any longer. Best of luck with your attitude going forward and drinking that half empty glass of milk.

And when your incorrect facts were pointed out, you continued to slight UConn's TV presence by moving the goalposts. Definition of a troll.

Reaction Score
I expect that part of their reaction would come the fact you're from the Orange board and if indeed you came here to just talk basketball and not troll, you may be the 2nd one to do so form the pitiful bunch if idiots. Also East Coast seems to come with the intention of talking college hoops. You do need to admit the pure speculation of the impact of your TV schedule vs ours isn't required to discuss college hoops though right? I mean let's talk basketball, reciting etc, not how you believe your program is impacted by the fact you're on ESPN and/or CBS more than UConn as that is more of a "troll" than a discussion. By the way only the ACC has allowed you that and congrats on that, nothing else. The mere fact we are in the AAC and still have comparable numbers shows you how much more UConn can impact college basketball in the last 25 years than the Cuse...just saying'.

Now let's talk match up - update us with your team as we look a bit ahead for the December match up?

I used to only follow the cuse board. Over the past couple of years I have tried to branch out. One thing I will say is that all boards are pretty much the same. They all have the same complaints about other boards and their members. They all have the same complaints about coaching and players when things go wrong. They all have the same delusional expectations of winning it all after one big victory or doom and gloom after an unexpected loss.

The boards also have the same protectionist members who attack non fans who try to join in the discussion or attack other members with whom they disagree with. Now, i think that is a plus in the aspect that we need to live for something and if a college basketball team is what gets us excited on a boring day at work, then so be it. I will say however that when the conversation turns vitriolic and drives good people away (weve had long time posters on the cuse board disappear due to the tone) then i dont see that as a net positive. I think some people think its ok to disparage people behind a pseudonym, through an internet which is based on anonymity, and i think that is simply wrong. But its not confined to this board most certainly and i dont see a fix, so i will stop pontificating.

Now back to hami. I have been following the threads on him because i am interested in his recruitment. Cuse has some solid vibes when him but you guys seem certain over here so i felt i should inquire as to why. I threw out some factors i thought were a plus for both teams and hope you would all would expand, which some did. Some took my point about tv as a slight. I stand by my comments that i think cuse use the fact that they play duke, unc, lville on espn as a plus over uconn. I stand by that but that is not to say that a recruit doesnt get good exposure at uconn. Both are great programs.

I will make one more point. I think making fun of boeheim and bragging about your 4 ships is great. Theres no doubt the rings are a trump card. However hopefully college bball goes on in perpetuity and cuse can catch up. I doubt cuse bball program is going away anytime soon!

I will be back before uconn cuse in december to give you a breakdown of our team, the start of our season, and give a prediction. Until then take care and go orange.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I used to only follow the cuse board. Over the past couple of years I have tried to branch out. One thing I will say is that all boards are pretty much the same. They all have the same complaints about other boards and their members. They all have the same complaints about coaching and players when things go wrong. They all have the same delusional expectations of winning it all after one big victory or doom and gloom after an unexpected loss.

The boards also have the same protectionist members who attack non fans who try to join in the discussion or attack other members with whom they disagree with. Now, i think that is a plus in the aspect that we need to live for something and if a college basketball team is what gets us excited on a boring day at work, then so be it. I will say however that when the conversation turns vitriolic and drives good people away (weve had long time posters on the cuse board disappear due to the tone) then i dont see that as a net positive. I think some people think its ok to disparage people behind a pseudonym, through an internet which is based on anonymity, and i think that is simply wrong. But its not confined to this board most certainly and i dont see a fix, so i will stop pontificating.

Now back to hami. I have been following the threads on him because i am interested in his recruitment. Cuse has some solid vibes when him but you guys seem certain over here so i felt i should inquire as to why. I threw out some factors i thought were a plus for both teams and hope you would all would expand, which some did. Some took my point about tv as a slight. I stand by my comments that i think cuse use the fact that they play duke, unc, lville on espn as a plus over uconn. I stand by that but that is not to say that a recruit doesnt get good exposure at uconn. Both are great programs.

I will make one more point. I think making fun of boeheim and bragging about your 4 ships is great. Theres no doubt the rings are a trump card. However hopefully college bball goes on in perpetuity and cuse can catch up. I doubt cuse bball program is going away anytime soon!

I will be back before uconn cuse in december to give you a breakdown of our team, the start of our season, and give a prediction. Until then take care and go orange.
Never gonna get any traction here unless you take your L like a man. You were wrong about the TV issue -- type those words and it'll be a show of good faith, and that you really want to talk hoops.

Keep crapping out inscrutable walls of text, and you're just confirming that @upstater et al were right about you from the start.

Take the L.

Reaction Score
Never gonna get any traction here unless you take your L like a man. You were wrong about the TV issue -- type those words and it'll be a show of good faith, and that you really want to talk hoops.

Keep crapping out inscrutable walls of text, and you're just confirming that @upstater et al were right about you from the start.

Take the L.

No thanks. My position is different from yours. Dont need traction with you to reassure myself. Also, using fair market value analysis, espn pays more for acc broadcasts than aac. The market tells the story despite your denial.

Reaction Score
I have to agree with the Cuse guy here.

UConn may have as many or more games on national TV by sheer quantity, but playing Tulane on ESPN2 is a lot different than playing Duke on a Big Monday. Exposure is directly linked to how many people are watching you, no? In the OOC portion of the schedule, UConn probably gets as much or more exposure, but strictly in conference play - like he specifically mentioned - I have to imagine Cuse is drawing more eyeballs...they're a big draw as it is, and when they're playing a ranked opponent every other game, UConn/Temple just can't keep up.

This isn't a question of brand so much as circumstance. Cuse has both, and while there are some perks to being the big dog in a small conference (I have no idea how hard you would have to work to find Cuse/N.C. State or the like) has some perks, but you'd still rather be tier 2 in the ACC alongside Cuse and Louisville in terms of exposure.

Reaction Score

UConn may have as many or more games on national TV by sheer quantity, but playing Tulane on ESPN2 is a lot different than playing Duke on a Big Monday. Exposure is directly linked to how many people are watching you, no? In the OOC portion of the schedule, UConn probably gets as much or more exposure, but strictly in conference play - like he specifically mentioned - I have to imagine Cuse is drawing more eyeballs...they're a big draw as it is, and when they're playing a ranked opponent every other game, UConn/Temple just can't keep up.

This isn't a question of brand so much as circumstance. Cuse has both, and while there are some perks to being the big dog in a small conference (I have no idea how hard you would have to work to find Cuse/N.C. State or the like) has some perks, but you'd still rather be tier 2 in the ACC alongside Cuse and Louisville in terms of exposure.

You're addressing the changed goalpost part of the discussion.

Not the original discussion

Everyone here knows the ACC is infinitely better than the AAC.

The part of the initial post that 3 of us are responding to said that UConn does not get premium exposure for conference play. There is no comparison to Syracuse or the ACC there. We're talking about the fact that UConn's AAC games are shown on the premium channels, and they do get high ratings (for the reason they are on the premium channels), no matter the quality of the opponent.

Even when we're discussing the ACC, UConn is shown an average of 14 times over the last few years. Pick a midrange school like NC State. 3 times a couple years ago.

Reaction Score
You're addressing the changed goalpost part of the discussion.

Not the original discussion

Everyone here knows the ACC is infinitely better than the AAC.

The part of the initial post that 3 of us are responding to said that UConn does not get premium exposure for conference play. There is no comparison to Syracuse or the ACC there. We're talking about the fact that UConn's AAC games are shown on the premium channels, and they do get high ratings (for the reason they are on the premium channels), no matter the quality of the opponent.

Even when we're discussing the ACC, UConn is shown an average of 14 times over the last few years. Pick a midrange school like NC State. 3 times a couple years ago.

Again, I don't disagree that UConn is shown a lot. I inferred from his comment that he was talking about more than just that.

You're right that the extent to which UConn does not get exposure in this conference is overstated. But in the context of somebody like Diallo, I have to imagine there is a better chance to garner legitimate exposure in made-for-TV match-ups. Perhaps we are arguing semantics.

Reaction Score
Again, I don't disagree that UConn is shown a lot. I inferred from his comment that he was talking about more than just that.

You're right that the extent to which UConn does not get exposure in this conference is overstated. But in the context of somebody like Diallo, I have to imagine there is a better chance to garner legitimate exposure in made-for-TV match-ups. Perhaps we are arguing semantics.

You understand what i was trying to say. It clearly was a comparison between cuse and uconn when taken in context. The other guy is splitting hairs, not that what i said would deserve the immature response i got regardless.

Reaction Score
No one outside of the fan base gives a ___ about watching UConn play Tulsa, so the fact that it's on ESPN2 might win a message board argument about "national television games" but not much else.

Again, irrelevant.

First, because UConn - Tulsa is on CBSSN.

Second, because the ESPN games are Memphis, Cincy, SMU.

Third, because this is what he wrote: If Hamidou goes to UConn, he "does not get the big time TV exposure at UConn however for league play." Nothing about Syracuse there. UConn gets more exposure on the big networks for TV for conference play than most ACC teams.

Reaction Score
I realize Brady is having a great year but IMO you can't give a guy the MVP when he was suspended for part of his "MVP" season after being caught cheating red handed.

Reaction Score
Also, I just looked up ratings at sportsmedia watch. On Feb 18th, SMU-UConn did a .9, Syracuse-Louisville did a .8 early and a 1.2 late (I'm assuming that gets averaged as 1.0). Head to head, ESPN2 for UConn, ESPN for Syracuse.

UNC, Kentucky, Kansas and Duke, consistently blow everyone else out of the water.

But a game like, say, Virginia (top ranked) v. Pitt or NC State? Does 1/3rd less than UConn.

I know the Cuse/Louisville game has more appeal, but in terms of exposure, UConn is on just as strong a channel, with almost as many eyeballs actually watching.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Also, I just looked up ratings at sportsmedia watch. On Feb 18th, SMU-UConn did a .9, Syracuse-Louisville did a .8 early and a 1.2 late (I'm assuming that gets averaged as 1.0). Head to head, ESPN2 for UConn, ESPN for Syracuse.

UNC, Kentucky, Kansas and Duke, consistently blow everyone else out of the water.

But a game like, say, Virginia (top ranked) v. Pitt or NC State? Does 1/3rd less than UConn.

I know the Cuse/Louisville game has more appeal, but in terms of exposure, UConn is on just as strong a channel, with almost as many eyeballs actually watching.

try being a bit more nit picky and selective with your facts. im sure it will increase your floundering credibility.

this thread needs to get back on track. im done.

Reaction Score
try being a bit more nit picky and selective with your facts. im sure it will increase your floundering credibility.

this thread needs to get back on track. im done.

I provide facts. You come here telling us that UConn doesn't get exposure for conference games. And you call yourself good with facts? Please.

Reaction Score
I'm not cruel enough to try to stomp on the things Cuse fans tell themselves to make themselves feel better about their chances.

Reaction Score
Gotta love the BY...

Guy comes over to respectfully discuss a big time recruit both schools are heavily involved with and we pick out an irrelevant detail of his post and go on a ridiculous tangent arguing about it...

Hamidou is obviously a huge fan of our program and we eat up all the pro uconn info but it's still interesting to hear other schools news that is involved (even if it's cuse) to get a better idea of the whole situation.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score

It might upset people here but you are right.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

If the rumors of a potential package deal are true, this is relevant. Otherwise some more pointless info

Reaction Score
Gotta love the BY...

Guy comes over to respectfully discuss a big time recruit both schools are heavily involved with and we pick out an irrelevant detail of his post and go on a ridiculous tangent arguing about it...

Hamidou is obviously a huge fan of our program and we eat up all the pro uconn info but it's still interesting to hear other schools news that is involved (even if it's cuse) to get a better idea of the whole situation.

And that's irrelevant. After the factual correction, he then moved the goalposts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom