Hamidou Diallo Documentary | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Documentary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Have we ever gotten a kid who has made an announcement? I'll agree with you there that that might be a bad omen.

But the other stuff seems tough to qualify, and a high profile recruitment doesn't necessarily guarantee a high profile announcement. My larger point, though, is that the extent to which kids want to brand themselves can be dictated by an impulse to be different as much as a desire to be the same. UK provides a bigger stage but it also strikes me that a kid with a chip on his shoulder is as likely to be put off by the 'this is where you're supposed to go' pitch as he is enticed by it.

Earl Kelley

Reaction Score
He wouldn't be "the guy" (that would be junior AA candidate PG Jalen Adams), but he would certainly start.

Adams (Jr.)
Gilbert (So.)
Diallo (Fr.)
Larrier (RS-Jr.)
Enoch (Jr.)

MAL and Vital back up the 1/2; Diarra and Durham back up the 4/5, with Larrier spending a little time at the 3. We'd probably add a SF and a C in the same freshman class.

I mean thats your opinion, I just said I could see a scenario. Is the below a wild prediction?

Gilbert (So.)
Adams (Jr.)
Larrier (Jr)
Durham (So) - Assuming he is what he was before the surgeries.
Enoch (Jr)

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I mean thats your opinion, I just said I could see a scenario. Is the below a wild prediction?

Gilbert (So.)
Adams (Jr.)
Larrier (Jr)
Durham (So) - Assuming he is what he was before the surgeries.
Enoch (Jr)
I hope that's not the lineup if he commits. Even if the team is slightly worse starting Hami it's something we'd have to do. If Ollie wants to ever sign another top 10 kid Diallo will need to start on day 1 or within the first few weeks of the season. Guys like him aren't signing up to sit on the bench. He has all the leverage here, and it's crucial to how we recruit guys after him.

Reaction Score
That's the thing that leaves me thinking be could just as easily choose uconn. He is so confident that he might choose us just to be different. Like he doesn't need UK to get drafted high. Honestly I think he would do better somewhere that he doesn't have to defer to other top picks all the time.

This kids swagger really reminds me of Kobe. I'm not convinced that he won't just go straight to the NBA next year and bypass college. He has that option right?
This kid is going to be really special. Hopefully he is UConn special. Has the potential to be the best player to put on a Husky uniform and that's saying a lot.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I know that times change, but I don't buy that Diallo has to start if he comes to UConn. He needs to earn his time like everyone else. This was (or appeared to be) a rule for Calhoun that no one would be promised playing time and I recently watched many of the games from Ray Allen's freshman season when he did not start despite his obvious potential. I know, that was ancient history, but I hope that KO continues that practice of not promising playing time to recruits. If he comes in and is not ready to play before Larrier or Gilbert, then what would it do to the morale and cohesion of the team? He would be playing a good number of minutes in any case, but the team has to come first. KU's Diallo didn't play much and still got drafted--did this kill KU's chances with Top Ten recruits?

Reaction Score
This kid starts from day 1 on any team in the country. What a talent.

Reaction Score
I know that times change, but I don't buy that Diallo has to start if he comes to UConn. He needs to earn his time like everyone else. This was (or appeared to be) a rule for Calhoun that no one would be promised playing time and I recently watched many of the games from Ray Allen's freshman season when he did not start despite his obvious potential. I know, that was ancient history, but I hope that KO continues that practice of not promising playing time to recruits. If he comes in and is not ready to play before Larrier or Gilbert, then what would it do to the morale and cohesion of the team? He would be playing a good number of minutes in any case, but the team has to come first. KU's Diallo didn't play much and still got drafted--did this kill KU's chances with Top Ten recruits?

Thanks DB2u BINGO. I mean everyone that has ever come to UConn has talked about needing to earn their minutes since JC took over. Even heard many of the recruits say they respected that because the appreciate the honesty of the staff and thought other programs may be less than honest. Ham's no different and by no means is a done deal in the line up day 1.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
His demeanor and smile remind me somewhat of Ray Allen. Please come to Uconn, Hami!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom